Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

N. Korea, the country who starts stuff, but will most likely never end it.

Gardi94

Recently, the all intimidating Kim Jong Il said that "The threat of nuclear war is the the hightest in all the world", saying that due to having captured two reprters from a country that can turn all of Asia into a smoldering blight on this planet, that the US will have no choice but to attack N. Korea, thus starting a war between the foolish president of the US and the terrifying Kim Jong Il. Seriously...this is coming from a country who has facerolled into the dirt as far as missle tests have gone and whose leader is a 4' 3" napoleonic firestarter with a bad taste in sunglasses. It just seems that N. Korea wants nothing more than to provoke people and then when it starts coming back to them they just stay quiet for a good 3-4 months then start more trivial conflicts and/or dig an even deeper grave for them when the UN just decides to let all the world have their way with N. Korea.

Now that I'm done with my little rant, what do you all think of Korea taking the two reporters from America and imprisoning them? And what do you think of Korea's actions in the last year or two?

Yeah, and the US doesn't have an enormous amount of nuclear weapons, and we don't imprison"terrorists"......

I think they're taking after us.

First of all Seoul, the Capital of South Korea is like 100 Miles from the Korean Border.
Personally, I don't like the North Korean program because they have threatened South Korea many times.(For people who don't know I was born in Seoul, South Korea/ I am Korean). I don't think anyone wants to see South Korea attacked by the North Koreans. The South Koreans are very happy people who live in a society much like ours. Hey they even make many of those MMORPS we play (like FLYFF).

Yeah, and the US doesn't have an enormous amount of nuclear weapons.

That's not necessarily true. The exact number is obv. unknown but 90% of our nukes are on underwater Submarines throughout the world. We actually do have the largest number of nukes in the world....

Yeah, and the US doesn't have an enormous amount of nuclear weapons, and we don't imprison"terrorists"......

I think they're taking after us.

I think your sarcasm was missed by some people.

It'll be interesting to see how NK responds to this new angle. In a way, the Obama administration's approach is similar to the stance taken by Lee Myung-Bak: opposing handouts for tantrums and backing away from the Sunshine Policy. Unfortunately the added sanctions just hurt the upper brass a little and the poor a lot. I'm guessing they'll probably just keep up the fear campaign till they realize nobody's watching. The challenge will be to ignore the coming tantrums.
I think Tina hit the missile launch button on the head -- people are terrified knowing that the DPRK -could- destroy Seoul, but which would also result in the end of the DPRK gov't. and the costly, lengthy absorption of NK's population. They've been playing this game and winning since the USSR folded and the real gravy train left the country.

DPRK = Democratic People's Republic of Korea? Is that North Korea? I'm not "up" with official names as I should be...

Yeah, the DPRK is North Korea. Judging from the fact that Seoul is the capital of South Korea.

Its kind of humerous the names of certain communist countries. Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea? Peoples Republic of China? None are democratic or republics..

Latest intel report says they're aiming the next long range missile at hawaii. The chances of hitting are next to nothing because it still can't reach the US, but doesn't this count as a declaration of war if they do?

First of all Seoul, the Capital of South Korea is like 100 Miles from the Korean Border.
Personally, I don't like the North Korean program because they have threatened South Korea many times.(For people who don't know I was born in Seoul, South Korea/ I am Korean). I don't think anyone wants to see South Korea attacked by the North Koreans. The South Koreans are very happy people who live in a society much like ours. Hey they even make many of those MMORPS we play (like FLYFF).

They'll never do it.
It's like the Cold War. The US is South Korea, USSR is North. They can look as enticing as they want, but they're never going to go through with it. The rest of the world would retaliate, and then North Korea's seperateness and belief that they are the best country in the world (they think all other countries have worse living conditions because they are shielded, when they have some of the worst).

The moment Kim Jong-Il launches a missile, he might as well lay down in his death bed.

The dictatorship of the proletariat is the only true democracy, comrade!

On the Diane Rehms show Tuesday there was mention of the CIA confirming/accusing NK for the first time as the source of the $100 supernote re: a book on counterfeitting:
http://wamu.org/programs/dr/09/06/15.php#25593

Doesn't surprise me at all, they've been making fake claims on insurance companies as well.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090618/wl_asia_afp/nkoreaforexinsuranceus_20090618175833

They'll never do it.
It's like the Cold War. The US is South Korea, USSR is North. They can look as enticing as they want, but they're never going to go through with it. The rest of the world would retaliate, and then North Korea's seperateness and belief that they are the best country in the world (they think all other countries have worse living conditions because they are shielded, when they have some of the worst).

The moment Kim Jong-Il launches a missile, he might as well lay down in his death bed.

I agree with Yoyo here, North Korea's dear leader would never do it. I beleive on top of everything though, is reports of Kim Jong-il's poor health, or some reports of even death. He wouldnt do it.

Yeah, the DPRK is North Korea. Judging from the fact that Seoul is the capital of South Korea.

Its kind of humerous the names of certain communist countries. Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea? Peoples Republic of China? None are democratic or republics..

I think they just like to stick in as many "the people control the gov" words as they can to make them selves sound good. It actually just winds up sounding really stupid. :rolleyes:

Yah, notice how communist countries always put as many democratic sounding words in their names as possible so they look like they're an actual democratic nation. Except they always end up being an authoritarian dictatorship.

Except for the DPRK, of course. Dear Leader isn't a dictator -- he's a miracle worker - kind of like Jesus. I'm pretty sure he invented rainbows, ice cream and kittens too.

Back