Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Name that card: Cards that automatically hit the opponent's bench?

dancingaway

Hey,

So i was thinking of making a Mamoswine spread deck (for fun this fomat but next format it genuinely could be awesome!!) and the main problem seems to be: How do you get damage on the opponent's bench?

I ask because Mamoswine TM only spreads to damaged Benched pokemon. The same is true of many spreading pokemon, such as Gengar Lv. X.

So, my question is: which pokemon can automatically hit the bench of the opponent to set them up for spreading? Obviously they really need to be basics, with a low cost attack (so that you can use it early) and preferably splashable into a water deck.

So, any suggestions?

Delibird HS for :water::colorless:, 10 to each Pokemon.

Shellos East Sea RR for :colorless:, 10 to each Pokemon if you flip heads.

Only ones I can think of.

Delibird HS for :water::colorless:, 10 to each Pokemon.

Shellos East Sea RR for :colorless:, 10 to each Pokemon if you flip heads.

Only ones I can think of.

Oooh, i like Delibird! Only problem is needing 2 energies attached. cheers though!

Crobat G, Abomasnow SF, Gallade 4 X, many more...

too many to name.

You're right, there's loads, but they always have a downside!

Crobat G: Only hits 1 pokemon
Abomasnow: Brilliant, except against water and grass decks
Gallade 4: Seriously thinking about this, but need to wait a turn, level up, then get out of active.

I really want something i can throw out T1, hit the whole bench and then retreat (for 1 energy or less).

cheers for the ideas! Loving them! Just can't seem to find anything quite right :p

Zapdos Md puts a damage counter on all your opponents pokemon with a coin flip and then Spiritomb put a damage counter on all pokemon with damage counters, so T1 20 to all then Gallade 4 with a psychic energy and Energy for 20 to active and 10 to opponents pokemon with damage counters

You can try at an Absol Prime start. It has 1 retreat cost, and it puts two damage counters on any basic the opponent lays down on the field as long as Absol is active. It's a Pokebody, so you don't even need to attack with it.

Castform Snow-Cloud Forme LA does what Delibird does, but for a :colorless::colorless:.

Frost Rotom does the same thing as Castform.

Rotom SV, same thing as the above 2.

Yanmega LA does 10 to Active and 10 to all bench, and makes them switch. It's a grass, No retreat cost, but it's a S1. Attack costs no energy.

Zapdos MD, play it, flip a coin, if it's head put 10 on all of their Pokemon.

Gallade 4: Seriously thinking about this, but need to wait a turn, level up, then get out of active.
1. Starting with Gallade 4 is easy
2. SP Radar/Bebe's Search/etc, the hardest part but not that hard
3. Poke-turn??

Really, Gallade 4 is exactly what you are looking for; you just need to restructure the deck a little to make it happen. If not Gallade, then Abomasnow - or, if you're REALLY desperate to get that hit on everything, then Zapdos and SSU should work.

I agree, Gallade 4 is your best option. You probably only need to use its Power once to set you up for a long time. You may need to wait a turn to Level Up, but remember its a Power and not an attack. If you chose a Pokemon with an attack, it would end your turn and you would just have to wait another turn to attack again anyways. If you are still unsure about Gallade, I think Foretress (also mentioned) is a good option. It's very low maintenance.

I also recently tried making a fun Mamoswine deck. I felt like sharing that Memory Berry is very good in there if you can find the room. I wanted to focus completely on Mamoswine, but then I found myself relying on Memory Berry and quickly changed the deck to play around it more. SF Piloswine's Rouse can turn Mamoswie into a tank :d You may already be playing DCE too for Icy Wind and Snowstorm. Only problem is Rouse also costs a Fighting Energy =/

Skarmory FB. Miasma Valley. Those are the only 2 which do it automatically. * And Dusknoir SF #17 and LV.X.

If you're making a spread deck be sure to include the LunaTone combo.

Last edited:
Yanmega LA is the best. No energy attack, no retreat cost, 90HP. Spreads to everything for 10dmg for NO energy. You can get it out T1 with a BTS, or just evolve T2. Back when sf T-Tar was popular, I used yanmega to spread for free while I loaded T-Tar with energy.

Yanmega is the perfect spreader for a high energy mamoswine.

Palkia Lock can focus on spreading damage, and you can Powerlock the opponent and you are also able to pull off a number of tricks with basic techs (extra Crobat Gs, Giratina PL, etc.) However, it is nearly impossible to run Palkia G and Mamoswine together, as Palkia G really only works as its own deck. But 50 and 10 to each benched Pokemon is nice for WCC or WC+Egain.

There's also Kingdra Prime. Sure it's only one pokémon at a time but it can be used every turn.

Cheers for all the responses! Loving the ideas. Here's my thoughts on all of them:

(Note: These are just my opinions for my deck, doesn't mean i'm right. Also, when i say rotation, i'm assuming RR-on as we've so far been led to believe, i know i may not be right :)

Zapdos MD: Love this idea, gonna try teching one in :D

Absol Prime: Awesome idea, not sure how it would work, needing dark energy etc, but I wanna try this!

Castform: This is the current choice, basic, attacking for a DCE and only 1 retreat :D

Rotom SV: Effectively the same as Castform; current post-rotation choice

Yanmega SV: Love the free retreat and no energy, may be annoying as a stage 1 though (especially if we lose BTS as we think we will)

Foretress G: This guy was on my list but the 2 retreat and only attacking every other turn puts me off (especially as we should lose Poketurn at rotation)

Gallade 4: If I can find the space I think teching one of these in could be good (especially as a way to hit any Pokémon mid-game that have so far escaped getting damaged.

Skarmory: Guy at league uses this; it’s too easy to play around

Miasma Valley: considered this but doesn’t hit psychic or grass so don’t favour it.

Palkia Lock: Loving the idea.... but far too attached to Mamoswine!

Kingdra Prime: This would be perfect, I’m trying to make deck space but it doesn’t look hopeful

Back