Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Naptime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shdwchu

Gengar has been doing well in my other decks so I decided to keep him in this one.

Naptime...

PKMN:22
3 Drowzee (AQ)
3 Hypno (AQ)
2 Gastly (SK)
2 Gastly (EX)
3 Haunter (SK)
3 Gengar (SK)
2 Dunsparce (SS)
2 Wobbuffet (SS)
2 Mew (EX) Look I REALLLLLY Dont' like Steelix.... it stays )

TRNS: 22
3 Mr.Briney's Compassion
3 T.V. Reporter
2 Ballon Berry
2 Pokemon Park
3 Juggler
3 Rare candy
3 switch
2 Copycat
1 Dual ball/NRG Recycle system

NRG: 16
16 Psychic

Any Ideas? Mew Though Small has been doing his Job of 4 DMG conuters on Steelix on the Bench. Hypno is doing instant sleep Wjile I'm hoping Gengar does burn instead of Cunfusion. WObba and Sparce are both No Brainers.

Last edited:
I'd add atleast 1 Expedition Gengar. I'd also take out the Mew for Mew2ex. That's brutal with Juggler... Hope I helped!
-Swampert

Aside from the fact that you have one extra card in your deck... =d

I dunno about Pokémon Park in this deck, as it somewhat helps decks that run Rainbow NRG (this includes Steelix decks, which, as you said, you don't like).

- 2 Pokémon Park
+ 1 NRG Recycle System
+ 1 Town Volunteers

Juggler works pretty good with Gengar's Power, but would work best with Mewtwo ex, like SwampertEX said, try squeezing some in.

Last edited:
Shift said:
Aside from the fact that you have one extra card in your deck... =d

I dunno about Pokémon Park in this deck, as it somewhat helps decks that run Rainbow NRG (this includes Steelix decks, which, as you said, you don't like).

- 2 Pokémon Park
+ 1 NRG Recycle System
+ 1 Town Volunteers

Juggler works pretty good with Gengar's Power, but would work best with Mewtwo EX, like SwampertEX said, try squeezing some in.
Ummmmmm... He only has 60 cards, not 61... try adding again...
-Swampert

The list says 1 Dual Ball/ NRG Recycle System. Doesn't that mean 1 Dual Ball and 1 NRG Recycle System?

Love that sleep pendulum move, have you been poaching my thoughts by satellite?? You don't need wobba, put in 2 exp gengar and drop one sky, with chaos move later on if you drop misdreavous in you can manipulate your damage and have a god killer on the park. Watch for the darks as well dood, you've got room to drop in meditite if you kill the "parks" and drop 4 psychic and put in 2-2 rainbow and multi, again with chaos move later on you've a good chance to severley damage stuff, even with bench hitters you can just move the damage straight back to their active and use it against them.
Also put in 4 switch not 3, the pokes that'll damage you on retreat cost are all (I think) weak against psychic and it'd be unfortunate to get tools shut down by aerodactyl ex. Maybe rethink the jugglers? your reclaimation is a bit flippy with gengar, and relying on 2 mew two ex is dangerous. All IMHO O'course

PS I think it works better with a load of fossils to craete a stone wall in front of hide in shadows

Let's try this again shall we...

PKMN:22
3 Drowzee (AQ)
3 Hypno (AQ)
2 Gastly (SK)
2 Gastly (EX)
3 Haunter (SK)
2 Gengar (SK)
2 Gengar (EX)
2 Dunsparce (SS)
2 Mew (EX) ( it's not Mewtwo EX. It's the Holo Mew From the EX set, take a look at it and you may like it as well )
2 Sudowoodo

TRNS: 23
3 Mr.Briney's Compassion
3 T.V. Reporter
3 Prof Elm training Method
3 Rare candy
4 switch
2 Copycat
3 Claw fossil

NRG: 15
11 Psychic
4 Multi/Rainbow

Sorry to resurrect an old 'un but I've been chillin. Save yourself 2 slots and drop 1 drowzee and 1 hypno, you only need 1 hypno out at any one time and sitting on the bench with 80 HP is pretty safe, and yess I like the mew exp card. ;)

Venusaur said:
I think you should make the Gengars all expedition, then add either Shedinja or magby to hide behind after using Hide in Shadows.
That gives me an idea... If you have High pressure system out, Magby on bench, and an Ex. Gengar as active you could Hide in Shadows, be protected during your opponents turn, retreat to Gengar, and repeat to have a good offense and defense.Neat idea huh?

I use 6-8 fossil cards for hide in shadows, and try to use RC or wally, and have both gengars and haunters out same time. You need 6-8 fossils as you can't pull 'em out directly, and it's like having free switches discarding them! exp gengar looks good, but I haven't played it TBH so meh.......could save the spaces for Town vols in my deck :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back