Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Nationals Report

Lost_Cards

Well...
We, the Dollar family, left the house about a week or two earlier to go to White Water. After that, slowly but surely, we slowly came up to Ohio, playing pokemon at each hotel we went to. We ended up there Tuesday, the week of nationals, and chilled. We also took a veiw on the Convention center(checking if anything changed). This is how Nats, beginning to end, happened and what we did.

>Day One<
"Wednesday"
All we naturally did, like anybody else who was there, was just pay our way in and check around. Nothing was opened so we headed to our hotel to get on the computer and pokemon.

>Day Two<
"Thursday"
Thursday was the day that we did anything but pokemon. My family, exept for Christina, play STAR WARS minitures, sealed. We didn't do to bad for not playing for a couple months, lol. After that, we walked "The Mile" so we call it. We didn't see much at first, exept a T-shirt(Which my dad bought) and Swords.
Of course, my dad, trying to be prepared, also went to go play sealed for the professor cup. He pulled nothing. So he got no experience in the end.

>Day Three<
"Friday"
Th Professer cup began, as did a modified Tourney. My dad didn't do bad, he went even, but still didn't make the cut. As for me, I went even also, but of course, I was playing with a un-tweaked Banette ex deck(Which my friend Eli ended up borrowing).

>Day Four<
"Saturday"
"Nationals Swiss"
The moment I went into that convention center, I had 100% confedence. My deck was doing great and always did what I wanted to do(Exept the bad games, lol).

-Game One-
"Dark Trance vs LunaRock"
With nothing but Sneasel ex's and a Voltorb, this was over quick. I fed him everthing I could give him, and in the end he ended up winning. I want to apologize for this, but that was auto-win for me, along with his deck wasn't even built correctly.

-Game Two-
"Dark Trance vs Unseen Forces Swarm?"
I couldn't beleive it when I got shot down to table 63(The last table). What was even worse, this girl was a noob. I felt like I was vs-ing a sealed Unseen Forces deck. But I shouldn't of complained to much, cause in the end, I won. But the downfall, kept by ratings low.

-Game Three-
"Dark Trance vs Mynx"
This game was quick and easy, drag off and 90 per pop, by about turn 3. So This deck had nothing, and with Warps, just couldn't touch me. He played his best, I can give him that.

-Game Four-
"Dark Trance vs LBS"
Another game of LBS, and with a friend of mine. Good 'ol Twitch. When I saw this match, I knew it was for the bad. I didn't want to hit him off, and I'm sure he didn't want to do it to me either. But I got to quick of a set up and a early Raquaza* and knocked out lugia. After that it was pretty much over for him. Sorry Twitch, I hope to see you and everyone else at worlds.

-Game Five-
"Dark Trance vs ???"
Believe it or not, I can't remeber what I battled, sorry.

-Game Six-
"Dark Trance vs LBS"
The game I've wanted for about a year, me vs Miranda Craig. It wasn't much of a game, cause she couldn't pull anything. But I was prepared for LBS and always beat it with my deck, so either way, I think I still would've won.

-Game Seven-
"Dark Trance vs Flariados Remix"
In this game, losing didn't matter, I was in top cut. But that didn't mean I couldn't have alittle fun. I win automatically to this deck, with the ability to move energies and along with 3 warps and a switch, status is nothing.

I ended the day with a record of 6-1 and still going, lol. I made a new deck and it's undefeated till this second. What now Bobby XD

>Day Five<
"Nationals Top 16"

Round 1
"Dark Trance vs LunaRock"
-Game 1-
Revenge is beautiful sometimes. Zane got what he deserved, a beaten from earlier, lol. jk. He made top 16, and congrats!

-Game 2-
This was the first game all over again, from the first.

-Game 3-
Didn't get that far XD

Round 2
"Dark Trance vs ???"
Poorly, I don't remember what I played, don't you love short term memory loss?

Round 3 (Top 4)
"Dark Trance vs Queendom"
-Game 1-
I think that this was a total rip off, and a wrong time to happen. All I drew were about 6 basics and drew the only 8 energies in my deck, which gave him the win.

-Game 2-
Even a fast set up of Rare candy Pidgeot and Queen didn't stop me. I quickly set up, and warp point to kill his pidgeot, giving him nothing left but to live as long as he could. I won, in the end.

-Game 3-
This was the first game, but worse. Two Dratini and nothing else, while he slowly built, finishing off the game. I'm sorry Pablo, but I don't think you deserved it. But a win is a win, so congrats on second.

Round 4 (Playing for 3rd)
"Dark Trance vs Flariados Remix"
-Game 1-
With warps, switches, and Desert Ruins it was no competition. I won not to quick, because this guy stood strong, I respect him for that.

-Game 2-
This Game was the firt game but slighty different. I built up quick, but battle frontier shut me off. He had two flareons and me with 4 prizes. I had the gym in my hand, but looking for my second H Magneton to attach took awhile. In the end I pulled it off and shot the two pokemon before he could scoop up.

So in the end, 3rd place was awsome, but not good enough. I am hoping I can make it worlds, and show everyone how good I can be. See you all later!

-Lost Cards

Lost_Cards said:
That I know of, yes, lol.
Thank you, Who are you? I know Tess talks to you

Ryan...Vergel. lol

From Florida, I run Team R, so i know you're familiar with some of my members (bobby, twitch, ryan/kyle sabelhaus?)

Wow none of the NC players like Elissa or Tati have posted so I will post for them :smile:
GJ!!! your like 3rd lol anyway good job Blaine GO BLAINE!!!!

Hey Blaine. Don't feel bad. You did really well. There was a lot of tough competition there, and I think many players walked away feelings less than accomplished. How old are you now? Can't wait to see you move up to the 15+ whenever that happens. Good job Blaine and good luck at Worlds if your going. Tell your dad I said hi.

good job man on getting 3rd:thumb: when i was watching you play i though you where going to win vs. queen,but i guess you had bad luck(like me,lol)

dont worry ill get my revenge on you on worlds:lol:

Wow, didn't know people were still replying.
Yes I am going to be in 15+ September 12th, and can't wait to show what I can do.
From the looks of it, I will not be attending at worlds, so I hope all that do go will have fun, and wish you the best of luck. See ya next year, be afraid 15+, be verey affraid... <<

-Lost Cards

Back