Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Nat'ls decklists?

Please forgive my ignorance (haven't been here in a long time)...decklists?

Hey all; I just dropped by after a very long time out of the Pokemon TCG loop (technically still out of it, haven't bought anything for over a year and a half).

Having attended Origins for the Yu-Gi-Oh Nationals, I also saw the Pokemon Nationals taking place there as well. I talked to a couple of the players, asked what was winning and what the metagame consisted of, and barley understood the majority of it.

However, when looking through the boards, I failed to find any listing of the Top 8 player's decklists. I know that Magic posted them for just about everything; Yu-Gi-Oh had them up before its event was even over. Don't they post them for Pokemon, or am I just looking in the wrong place?

It's been so long since I've been involved in the Pokemon community that I've forgotten who Seena is.

I'm suprised that anyone remembers my old PTCO name.

...but how do people end up netdecking everyone else and half the people in T8 end up playing the same deck? I know there are more viable types in Pokemon but there has to be copying somewhere...

a DD came back to live XD

well mostly the top 8 deck are dragtrode/rocklock/zpaturndos/medicham ex/hariyama ex and others which is about the same

Yes, I've won quite a few YGO tournaments -- but on the large scale, only Top 4'd (Top 4 wasn't played out) at a Regional to get to Nationals, then got lucksacked in first 3 rounds, went 6-4 on the day.

I'm glad I dropped out of heavily competitive Pokemon when I did -- I'm fairly sure everyone on this board (and others) would be sick of me writing them begging for all decklists from City Championships and up to be made public.

good during cities: zappy, blaze.
good during states: draggy, rock-lock.
regionals: ludicargo, blaze. rock lock, muk, draggy, everything...
nationals: turn 2, ludicargo.
worlds: most likely turn 2.???

I just saw some posts from Nationals on Pojo by a few players; at least some people (most notably William Hung) openly provide their decklists and even say "I don't care if you copy this and take it to Worlds".

...but then again, way more decktypes are viable in Pokemon then they are in YGO.

...and through reading that coverage I just saw that Top 32 advanced to the Single-Elim rounds instead of Top 8. Now I see why they don't automatically do decklists for the survivors of the cut; 32 per category. But then again, it would be nice to let players know every viable decktype, have a working list to go from, and so on.

Shiloh: WHICH specific Turn 2 worked best at Nats? I've heard of several different decks trying to get up a certain setup on turn two...

Medicham EX won 15+.

Medicham EX/Hariyama EX won 11-14.

(10- was won by a Blaziken deck)

I would say that Medicham EX made a good showing. LOL

Venusaur said:
There's this secret message board somewhere called "Neo" where people discuss decks. I heard there are about 100 people accepted into it so far, so there's no real chance of a deck being kept secret. It eventually gets let out by people telling other people or playing it at smaller tournaments or something.

Your kidding right? ha.

Anyways. Some players don't mind giving out their lists. Also, if you watch that player's games, you can somewhat pick out what they play in their deck. But I really don't think it matters really. Unlike what some people think, I don't feel there is a "best" decklist for a deck. Obviously there are keys to constructing the deck, but nowhere near a best list.

Sometimes some sites list a list. Like just recently, Pokemon Zeo posted the exact decklist to the 15+, 11-14, and 10- 1st place 2005 National winners. They took it down later, but some people already got their hands on it.

My honest advice is to ask people. Some people might jump on your case, but you might be lucky enough to run into someone who can give you a rough draft list. From that, you can edit it and tweek it in the way you feel proper.

Yar, ye ignorance is forgiven, for ye aint as ignorant as fool prime. Perfect deck lists exist, and aye, I be willin to hand them out if u IM me at Captain Snake 07. yohoho!

Real neo has maybe 30 -40 but actively there is only like 15-20 that post maybe. To be excepted you must be good and Accordign to Pokepop you ahve to be banned atleast once form the pokegym.

SD: Sorry about that. Didn't know where to put it since I didn't see a forum for Nationals.

The Gorn: Pretty much.

Venusaur: It's funny how you phrased that..."steal" lists. Last time I checked the paperwork for Magic/Yu-Gi-Oh/Pokemon (back when Wizards ran it), every decklist is the property of the TO's once a player plays in a sanctioned tournament requiring decklists, and the TO's/the company itself has full rights to publish that list wherever they want.

How can a player steal something that doesn't belong to its original creator anymore?

Back