Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

NC Weekend Report (Now with Matches)

Bobby

Yeah well when I was typing this, it got deleted and apparently it didn't save where I told it to. So this is the condensed version.

DAY 1: Greenville, NC. I'm playing Eggs.

Round 1 vs. Vincent (Flygon ex LM/Crawdunt ex)
Yes well I almost lost this game, because his Flygon kinda resists psychic and he kinda kept getting boost energy and 100 damage kinda one hits my whole deck and I kinda had nothing. But I somehow won this game through my one cessation and a cursed stone lock.

Round 2 vs. Person with theme deck (Forgot your name, sorry!)
I win turn 2.

Rouns 3 vs. Tati (Metanite)
She got a dratini start vs my castform, and paralyzed me. Then two turns later she evolved into the grass dragonair, and paralyzed me >.> So once I could finally actually attack, I got the setup. I had no idea she plays two holon ruins so my stadiums weren't very effective early, but Raichu+Metal=2 hits from a dragonite, so I murdered the bench and won this game.

Round 4 vs. Connor (Kingdra Swarm)
Right right well I got no start, and he got a turn 2 or 3 kingdra, and I really... can't do much to hurt kingdra cuz of his cute little Poke Body, and my cute little not drawing into any crystals. I did try and make this a game by split bombing horseas but they all evolved and that was game.

TOP 4 vs. Tati (Metanite)
Game 1: I win easily, it's basically a repeat of our game in swiss. Not much more to say about this game.
Game 2: She has a NICE start, castform and ends up with four basics. My start was...interesting. I had a castform, Scott, a basic, and no energy. I went second and used Scott to get mentor and some stadiums, then next turn I got some basics and a magnemite and started to draw. I started to make a dent in her setup, but she had one turn where she windstorm'd and got like 3 rare candies off and got LOTS of pokeymans, and there was no cursed stone in sight. I do stick a legacy but she has enough energy built up for it not to make a difference. I lose.
Game 3: This game was short, she got a metagross that couldn't attack, and one dragonite, and I abused metallic thunder to win.

FINALS vs. Connor (Kingdra Swarm)
Game 1: Same story as the swiss game >.> I got touched.
Game 2: THIS was a different story... he mulligan'd 8 times =P So I had a pretty nice hand and I opt to start with eggs and go first. I attach and do 10. He attaches and does 10. Draw, researcher for exeggutor, play 2 delta basics and attach and win.
Game 3: He didn't mulligan at all but I got enough to get another t2 eggs. This time he went first and got a seadra out, but I flipped heads on smokescreen and topdecked a basic to delta circle for the win.

DAY 2: Fuquay-Varina, NC. I'm playing Metanite.

Round 1 vs. Tati (Metanite)
Mirror match! We both delta draw a lot, and I start the show with a metagross KO on castform. She sends out dragonite and flips heads on agility. I retreat and bring up my own dragonite, and get tails on agility. She brings up latios* and knocks it out. I bring up my own latios and knock THAT out. She does agility again and misses, so latios takes another prize. I get another metagross, Warp Point, and kill a basic. Then I take out two more pokemon through attacks to win.

Round 2 vs. Vincent (Flygon ex LM/Crawdunt ex)
Yeah, he didn't know what Sceptile does, so that kind of killed the Crawdunt power, and when he finally got the flygon ex up, I had enough energy to knock it out, even with resistance.

Round 3 vs. Logan (Eggs)
A no-start game. I have basic swarm FTW!!! I have a chance to keep it alive when his Raichu has two castforms and I get a dragonair, but I got 2 tails on twister >.> This game didn't last long. We played a fun game and I won =P

Round 4 vs. Kid with Lati@s ex (Forgot your name, sorry)
Yeah, umm, I won. He didn't like having 4 energy to attack with the Latias, and my own ice barrier made it a kind of hard. I gave up like 3 prizes trying to set up but I won.

TOP 4 vs. Logan (Eggs)
Game 1: We both get a decent start, but he lets me delta draw for a long time and I have all of my windstorm before long. Still, he gets a late cessation to stick. I take advantage of that and bring in Sceppy for 2 energy to clean up. I win.
Game 2: He has a magnemite start, and his other magnemite is prized. So I get PLENTY set up before he has anything. I win quickly. GGs and GJ Logan.

FINALS vs. Curran (Bandoom)
Game 1: Thankfully I actually got a castform/mentor start, and decide to grab a beldum and my latilock. I play these and get delta drawing. He can't knock the castform out, so I get another turn, with another mentor for dratinis and a treecko. By turn 3 I have a metagross, I delta control, attach to it, and draw. He kills the castform, and I throw out latias d to stall. He puts 60 on it with resistance, and I get my sceppy to prevent a power KO. I have my stage 2's but not a whole lot of energy. Still, I charge once onto latios ex, and attach, and discard all but 1 of my energy to knock out the Banette. He brings up a houndour to stall, and I have a latios ex with ice barrier to answer it. I win this game.

Game 2: His start is... umm... Makuhita. He goes first and does whatever the first attack is for 20 on my castform. I didn't even bother to get latilock, considering my hand, and instead got two beldum and a dratini, attached metal to castform and delta draw. He gets tails on the other attack so my castform stays alive. I retreat, rare candy into Metagross DX, super connectivity, attach a castform, and Link Blast. GG

So I bring home two cities and get a whole 35 points. w00t.

PROPS:
-4th Mentor
-Supermarket
-Turn 2 Metagross DX
-Emo pictures/Camera
-The guy at Pizza Hut that got us breadsticks for being from FL
-Sleeping
-Sharpies
-Twitchy's "medication"
-Sub place across the street on Saturday
-Arby's

SLOPS:
-Fire Marshal
-Elissa getting 5th both days
-Dunsparce LM
-Weird looking fish in the supermarket
-Bums trying to get us to buy them cigs
-Smoke
-People leaving way early
-Red Bull

Last edited:
lol, Iloveyousomuch.

I saw those emopics, looking hot, as usual. I also got 35ish points this weekend, go me. Anywayz Goodjobbabe.

You better make this more descriptive later on sir...=/

lol, j/k. But seriously, yeah, MAKE IT MORE DESCRIPTIVE!!!

And GREAT FLIPPIN' JOB. THAT'S RIGHT, I SAID GREAT FLIPPIN' JOB! Wanna fight about it!? =D

Omar- We're too good at this game. <3
Twitchy- It's full.
Moza- <3
Mrs Reynolds- .....:( ILU!
Ben- Gracias.
Jim- .....ihu :(
Elissa- eh it's more like 6 but ya know how it is... <3, and i love your sig.
Mike- YEAH! LET'S TAKE THIS OUTSIDE!!!

gj bobert!!!! come to KY states! i might be going ;D need to steal that lions hat of urs.

PS if you go im playing lunasol, then after the tourney we can burn the deck! sounds like fun to me =]

gj bobert!!!! come to KY states! i might be going ;D need to steal that lions hat of urs.

PS if you go im playing lunasol, then after the tourney we can burn the deck! sounds like fun to me =]

No living soul should ever be caught with possession of a Detroit Lion's hat.

To quote Kyle Sabelhaus:
"If you lose to that deck I will run all the way up there and all the way back just to cut your wrist for losing to that!!!"

But I'm good on the burning the deck part. =D

Back