Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Need advice about this

Status
Not open for further replies.

themobsman

Hello To whom may concern,

Hey i am a Masters Player in Ms and i am wondering why do you have to be 18 to be a prof. why cant you be one if you know the material.

Signed
A very concerned player

Yes, you have to be 18 to be a professor. Maybe contact POP for the reason, all I can say is that that is the rule...

Same thing here...
I have 1 1/2 years left till I can take the test.
You can regs as a League Leader being under 18, but not a prof.....

i know that but i think its stupied if you know the material i think you should be able to try to take the test i have 2 and 1/2 years before i can test

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Mew* who do i need to contact

Last edited:
uh, the age limit has been 18 for more than 3 years. it's not going to change because some players feel that they're entitled and above the rules; nothing is preventing a 15+ y/o from judging or being a LL.

'mom

Last edited:
but we dont get point for judging
bingo. and there's the motivation for this whole thread right there ^.

it's not that you want to help out...since you are allowed to judge etc. from 15+...but it's the rewards that come with the professor role that's the draw.

your TO/PTO should be compensating you for judging an event whether or not you are a professor. i know i do my non-prof, -18 judges. but wanting to be a professor only because of professor points swag is a lousy reason to be one.

jmho
'mom

Last edited:
I don't begrudge people wanting to get compensation.
I'm a capitalist at heart.

However, the whole reason you have to be 18 is because the lawyers tell them so.
There are agreements that Profs have to legally agree to.
Per US law, no person under 18 is able to legally agree to anything.
So that, as they say, is that.

I get what yal are saying but thats not the only reason why i wanted to be a Prof. i believe i can past the test but i cant even try

Why cant their be like a junior prof. for people under the age of 18 where if you know the material then you can be a junior prof.

Last edited:
nothing is preventing a 15+ y/o from judging or being a LL.

'mom[/I]

Since when do you only have to be 15 to be a LL? If I try to apply on Go-pokemon.com it just says I'm not old enough.

A lot of TOs don't let non-Profs judge, so no, it's not that easy.

it's not that you want to help out...since you are allowed to judge etc. from 15+...but it's the rewards that come with the professor role that's the draw.

I didn't think you had to be 15+ to judge. One player in VA has judged 3 or so tournaments, and I think he's only 13...

And I can't say for sure what anyone's motivations are, but it is really that unreasonable to want the points? Some people getting more or less just because of their age isn't fair. And no, I don't expect fairness, but complaining about unfairness is only natural.

Per US law, no person under 18 is able to legally agree to anything.

This is part of what doesn't make sense. Can't someone get a job when they're 16 or 17? What's the difference?

Why cant their be like a junior prof. for people under the age of 18 where if you know the material then you can be a junior prof.

Because POP won't implement it.

Since when do you only have to be 15 to be a LL? If I try to apply on Go-pokemon.com it just says I'm not old enough.

You can not apply to become a league leader, The league owner has to first apply for you to become a LL then once you accept ,and of course are over 15, you will become a LL.

But see my point if you can be a LL at 15 then why cant you be a Prof at 15 i think Pokemon TCG should come up with some for people under 18 so they have something

I mean i dont think i am the only person who thinks that

really i still dont understand can some one please help me understand why pokemon doesnt make something for the -18

Last edited:
When you think about it too, there is often a lot of traveling involved in going to tournaments. Professors that judge are expected to have some form of transportation in order to make it to a tournament. I can see something happening that a judge who is under 18, getting grounded the day before a tournament, and suddenly not being able to go. That's going to put the TO in a spot to scramble to find another judge at the last minute.

Plus there are also the legal reasons behind why professors have to be 18. Typically we are the ones chosen to judge first. Seeing an adult getting angry over a ruling that a 18- judge made can also cause problems. There are a myriad of reasons that professors are required to be 18, and that's only a couple of them.

I understand but why cant pokemon make something for kids under 18 where they have some responsibilitys, Thats what i am asking now i have understood bout being 18 i get that why cant u be able to test before, I understand people like older judges but i think if you can take it and pass then you should be able to take it and be a prof. I would like to be able to test, if i dont get to judge then i would be ok. I dont care bout the points it gives people under the age something to do then rather play. Also you cant pull the Grounded Card because an Adult can become sick at the last moment and miss right..... Thats all i have to say.

But i dont need to be either or why cant pokemon Lower the age to take the prof. test thats what i am wondering i understand bout responsiblities, and i know i can judge, i am just asking a simple question and its turning to alot of chaos, Why does the age have to be 18 cant they lower to 15 or if you know it take it

If you are waiting for PUI to come along and answer, you should stop waiting.

Legal reasons. Personality reasons. Perceptual reasons.

18 is the magic age for many things. This just being one of them.

I can see something happening that a judge who is under 18, getting grounded the day before a tournament, and suddenly not being able to go. That's going to put the TO in a spot to scramble to find another judge at the last minute.

Typically we are the ones chosen to judge first.

Seeing an adult getting angry over a ruling that a 18- judge made can also cause problems.

LOL, nice try. I've been to a lot of tournaments where a Professor didn't show up when they were supposed to judge. None of the 17- judges have done that. Sorry, lame argument.

Yeah, good for you. I don't think the solution to that problem was to make it worse.

Seeing a little kid getting intimidated by someone a lot older than them can also cause problems. It seems to me like small children are more comfortable with judges who are closer to their age. And after all, POP wants to focus on the Junior division, right?

But i dont need to be either or why cant pokemon Lower the age to take the prof. test thats what i am wondering i understand bout responsiblities, and i know i can judge, i am just asking a simple question and its turning to alot of chaos, Why does the age have to be 18 cant they lower to 15 or if you know it take it

Please don't say you haven't gotten an answer.
You did get an answer.
Their lawyers tell them that a person under 18 can't agree to the things a Prof needs to agree to.
You may not like that answer or may disagree with that answer, but please don't claim that you are not getting an answer.
That is immature.
And not a good quality in a prof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back