Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Need Deck Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr4gonstar

Hi all :smile:
Ive been having trouble making a deck that would win tournaments since i dont know whats good and whats not with these new sets that are out. So im wondering whats your oppinion on the Best Deck that is legal for tournaments, that money can buy and will win?? :confused:

There's lots of decks that can tournaments. Once the new set (called Platinum) comes out in February there will be even more usable decks. Right now the best decks are Dusknoir varients, Kingdra, Machamp, and Torterra. If I were you I would wait for Platinum comes out before buying any cards.

Once Platinum comes out the new decks would be Blastoise/Delcatty, Ampharos/Manectric, and SP decks. SP (means Special) are a new type of Pokemon that are all basic Pokemon. They're kind of messed up, because cards that would normally be Stage 1 Pokemon, like Skuntank and Toxicroak, are now basics.

dont forget gengar
Gengar is only good if you put it with something else. Otherwise, you have to pray that your opponent is using a deck that uses a lot of Poke-Powers. Poltergiest is unreliable since your opponent can manipulate its damage. Gengar is going to be a bit better with Handsome's Investigation which is coming out in Platinum, though.

You could try and make a torterra/sceptile/shaymin x deck. This is probably going to be one of the biggest decks, I predict that it will go states over Kingdra and all the others.

I have already easily obtained 3 Sceptile, 5 Torterra(make sure that you snag a SF one to matchup with Gigas), 3 MD, and a DP one. Now I need a couple Platinum so I can see which will benefit best.

The shaymin land x will be tough to snag in the prereleses, all the jits will pull it and think its worth 1082390 dollars, so dont count on it until at least a week after it's been released, or try to buy a box and pull it.

I thik that once Platinum comes out, the big decks will be Kingdra, Rampardos, Machamp, Dusknoir, and maybe Torterra / other :grass: decks thanks to Shaymin Lv. X. Like chaos said though, the big problem with Shaymin Lv. X boosted decks is the threat of Dialga G Lv. X techs, which probably over 50% of the decks will be packing.

It's not even Shaymin getting shut off that hurts, losing Sceptile is what will kill it. Which is the other problem with them too, if you have Shaymin, Claydol/Uxie, and Sceptile out you have no room to build up a backup attacker or you leave yourself wide open for Dusknoir.

Thanx

Sweet thanx guys :thumb: coz in New Zealand we unfortunately are a month behind in getting the new sets. :frown:
But when Platinum comes out could you also give me some suggestions in more detail when you know the cards a bit better? Or even sum pointers on a good deck list. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back