Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Need help from experianced cosplayers and con goers

Absoltrainer

Ok well as of late I have been going to quite a few anime conventions. One of the things I do with my cosplay is go nuts with props.

My most recent cosplay is Toshiro Hitsoguya (I spelled that wrong) from Bleach. For the moment I have a chain and cresent blade that attached to the hilt. However I and building my own sword that has the cresent blade and chain concealed within the hilt and can be revealed by pressing a button opening the bottom

It can only open when facing downward and does not come out with enough force to hurt a person. It only goes as far as my arm is from the ground and stops with the chain

However, would most conventions consider this a projectile?

It may be a projectile. ( i have now been to 9 Anime Conventions and all of their rules are different)
the only reason projectiles are banned is because at A-kon 16, 17 and 18
Expensive Chandeliers were broken to flying objects.

You might want to try a spring (small) technique like a clicky pen does
I suggest cardboard/wood for the actual sword. However at every con you are going to have to go through Security check (what a pain)

According to DB, you spelled it wrong. Doesn't matter, though, cuz the Gym censors the DB spelling of his name...

We peace bond everything at sakuracon, but this shouldn't be a problem at our convention either as long as you have that stupid pink ribbon on it.

That's pretty cool though, can you pm me and tell me how you made it? I'm thinking of making a toshiro cosplay myself.

Articjedi: All conventions do that. At Anime Matsuri the Color was a Green Ribbon, they ran out and used tape. Most conventions either use ribbons/tape.

Back