Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Need Help with Wii!!!!!!!!

Okay somebody please hekp me I bought a new wireless router today set everthing up but my wii's connection test still dosnt work could somebody tell me what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance!

IS the Wii at least 30 feet away from the wireless router? is the transmission going through a wall? those could be the problems, it happened to me too when Iwas gonna go on the internet with it....

1) check to make sure the router is compatible with your wii console
2) make sure you are within 30 feet of the router
3) make sure nothing is in between your wii console and the router
4) if it continues to not work, take it to A proffesional
5) I am saying this because I think I am right
6) I am probably wrong about all that crap
7) cause I dont have A wii
8) and I feel so alone...

Rather than start a new thread, I think this might fit here. About how long do games take to download? I'm eyeing Donkey Kong Country at the moment. And can I do other stuff on the Wii while it's downloading?

Okay somebody please hekp me I bought a new wireless router today set everthing up but my wii's connection test still dosnt work could somebody tell me what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance!

Is your wireless router setup for WEP security ?
I have a Wii and a WEP enabled wireless router and I needed to setup the security code for WEP on the Wii.
I don't remember it step for step, but I know that first I had to login to my wireless router and check the wireless settings and write down the WEP security key.
Then go into the Wii configuration setup, and setup the internet access as WEP security and key in the WEP security key, then there is a button to test the connection and it worked.

Note: For the WEP key sometimes there is the option to enter a phrase or word as the password on your wireless router, but the word or phrase is not the key. It is used to generate the key, you need the generated key not the phase or word keyed into the Wii. For example the WEP key is a series of letters and numbers and can be 20 or more characters long depending on your type on encryption.

Another way to test is to turn the encryption off on the router and then test the Wii connection. I don't reccommend leaving it off though as it leaves your internet access wide open for anyone to use (with a wireless device).

Hope this helps !!
:pokeball:

Last edited:
Okay i just tlaked to a nintendo technician and we tried everthing u guys have said and more, but nothing has worked so he has recoomended i just wait for the wii lan adapter to come out. Thanks for the help though.

Rather than start a new thread, I think this might fit here. About how long do games take to download? I'm eyeing Donkey Kong Country at the moment. And can I do other stuff on the Wii while it's downloading?

Just incase anyone else is wondering I went ahead and downloaded DKC. I was expecting a wait of something like an hour but it actually took less than a minute, so I don't know if I can do other stuff at the same time.

For some reason, though, ever since I downloaded it the trial internet portal has stopped working. The Wii freezes up and I can't even turn it off, I have to physically plug it out.

My problem's gone away. It worked fine the next day and hasn't conked out since. And DKC rocks as much as ever.

i had the samne problem. switch the router's channel to 1 or 11, then it should work. i dont know why, but thats what nintendo told me, and it worked.

Back