Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Nelson Water Gym v. 6.0

pokeMATHter

All right trainers, here is the tournament you have been waiting all winter for:

When: Saturday, July 31,
Swim: 1 to 3 or so
Tournament: 3:30 ish until we have a winner!
Where: The Nelson's Back Yard (PM for the address if you don't know it already.)
Cost: All money raised will be donated to the CASON TERJESON SCHOLARSHIP FUND. We suggest $2/player.
What to bring: Swimsuit, deck, and some food to share.

Deck Format: 30 card Modified (DP on), no more than 2 cards of the same name (other than Basic Energy.) This year's water restriction: All Pokemon you play must have a WEAKNESS to Water! :water:

Tournament Format: Age Modified Swiss, with a top cut. 20 minute rounds for Swiss. Best two of three games in an hour for the Single Elimination finals.

We will have a potluck style dinner. I'll be grilling burgers and hot-dogs. Please bring something to share.

Last edited:
First to confrim we are attending the wather gym!!

Jeff, Penny and Sarah Anderson will be there for sure, and most likely with a few freinds in tow. This is definatly a must attened event.

Are Fossils legal?

(There, I did it....I hope everyone is ecstatic now!)

I would think so, as until they are in play they are trainers. From a deck checking standpoint, every POKEMON in the deck would be weak to water...

But what Fossil Evolution is weak to water?

Are Fossils legal?

(There, I did it....I hope everyone is ecstatic now!)

Yes, fossils are legal! In fact they are an essential part of my super secret deck that I have been testing in the hidden room in my basement for the last year. And since it is an unsanctioned tournament, I'll be playing! Mwa Ha Ha Ha...

Seriously?!? Did you really ask that & mean it :lol: Luv ya Debbie

Reservation request (DIBS) for the Ernie/Clanton room pretty please & thank you.

Your room has been reserved. Your conformation number is 4367Z13. We look forward to your visit.

Yesssss, The Wisdom family and some league stragglers will be around, I am sure.

Can we still crash at your place, Debbie?

Format sounds great. :)

Goin for my third win in a row, woo! Super excited for this, interesting format and it's always a lot of fun =D

I already have the deck concepts in mind, I just need to pick one. Now, what to make for the potluck. I need to come up with something so tasty it would win a trophy on its own....

I believe I have some unfinished business w/ the pool. I made progress last year on my backflips, now to finish the job. Then who knows what could follow for an encore (aside from possible pain that I'll put myself thru)...

As for the potluck....I'll be bringing my usual potluck item(s) (for those playing at home, I have indeed brought the same type of item EVERY year).

And the deck I'll be playing will likely consist of 30 cards, with possible pairs of cards in there.

(DISCLAIMER: The insanity of one (1) Puyallup Phantom is not endorsed by anyone, except himself, and any and all stunts off of a diving board are performed by a guy w/ more guts then brains...)

Your room has been reserved. Your conformation number is 4367Z13. We look forward to your visit.[/QUOTE]

Conformation?!?
But, I don't like to conform. I like to think outside the box. Please don't make me conform!!!

Whoo hoo! Kaz will be attending! yeah, kecleon don't work this year, and hoping to be ready for more good food and pool play! Also, cool rule, opens more than water and colorless pokemon to use.

EDIT: does arceus void your "2-per" rule?

-Kaz

Last edited:
Whoo hoo! Kaz will be attending! yeah, kecleon don't work this year, and hoping to be ready for more good food and pool play! Also, cool rule, opens more than water and colorless pokemon to use.

EDIT: does arceus void your "2-per" rule?

-Kaz

There is no restriction on the number of Arceus you may have in your deck (per the card text) but they must still all be weak to water.

oooOOOoooo question. What's parking like? I only need like a 3 foot wide spot, but....

I think we can find room between the double wide and the three broken down pickup trucks.

Pool Temperature is currently showing as 71 degrees F.

With two sunny days predicted for this weekend, and a solar cover, we might be able to bring it up a couple more!

We broke down and got a rear seat for our van so we can now take 7 to the Water Gym... Whoo Hoo.

OH and to the above poster the hard and fast rule for Pokemon is that you put out one prize for every 10 cards in your deck. 30 card decks = 3 prizes, 40 card decks = 4 prizes and 60 card decks = 6 prizes.

Last edited:
Back