Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Net search rulling...

Porygon3

I recently read that Lanets Net Search has you looking for 3 difernt types of pokemon, and that in this case, type meens (color)....
now- here is my issue with that, first of all, look at the new rainbow engery, it provides all types (colors). They clearly indacated that they ment color type, not just the the word "type" since that word can be used to meen a type of pokemon or a type of trainer etc.. I've belive that Net Search alowed you to pull 3 difernt basic pokemon as long as they did not have the same name. If they wanted it to meen type (color) then they should have worded it the same way as rainbow engery. it only causes confusion.

Using your reasoning, if they meant it to mean Pokemon with 3 different names, they would have said that.

"Types" has never been used to refer to different names. It has been used to refer to color. If you can come up with another example of what Type has been used to refer to, you might have a case.
this isn't it, though.

Colorless is NOT a basic energy type.

Colorless is a valid pokemon type.

I haven't found a ruling in the compendium that would indicate that either of the above is incorrect.

There are rullings in the compendium that are somewhat stronger and indicate that colorless is not a valid energy type at all. However there are no rullings (that I have found) that suggest that colorless is not a valid pokemon type. Lannett's Net Search is seaching for pokemon types not energy types.

Porygon3 please post a link to the recent rulling that says that Lannette's Net Search is searching for pokemon with valid energy colors rather than different types of pokemon.

I submit that Colorless is a valid TYPE based on the wording of Crystal Shard's text.

Crystal Shard states, "As long as this card is attached to a Pokemon, that Pokemon's type (color) is :colorless . If that Pokemon attacks, discard this card at the end of the turn."

This card may see a lot of play if the new colorless weak Dragons start to pick up.

The rulings on "Colorless" will soon take a new turn with the introduction of Pokemon weak to Colorless. Look for new rulings to come out of that.

Here is the PUI ruling on this subject, which is in the Compendium btw:

Q. When using Lanette's Net Search, what does the word "types" mean in this? Does that mean different names or different types as in fighting, colorless, etc?

A. Lanette's Net Search refers to "type", meaning Fighting, Lightning, Colorless, etc. (Sep 25, 2003 PUI Rules Team Meeting)

BDS

Last edited:
blah... then why did they clarify it in Rainbow engery? I dont have a problem with this rulling, I just wish they would put (color) next to type every time if thats what they intend to do. Yah, Colorless a type eh... porygon2 converts grass into colorless eh? .....
hummm....

Attach Rainbow Energy to 1 of your Pokémon. While in play, Rainbow Energy provides every type of Energy but provides only 1 Energy at a time. (Doesn't count as a basic Energy card when not in play.) When you attach this card from your hand to 1 of your Pokémon, put 1 damage counter on that Pokémon.

Rainbow Energy provides every type of energy.
LNS allows you get up to 3 different types of Pokémon.

The only thing in common with the above sentences is the word "type". Colorless is not a type of energy. Colorless is a type of Pokémon, always has been (reference Porygon's Conversion attack - you can change the Weakness to anything but Colorless. Since Weakness goes by Type, since you cannot pick Colorless as the Type to change it to, Colorless is a Type of Pokémon).

Porygon3 said:
I recently read that Lanets Net Search has you looking for 3 difernt types of pokemon, and that in this case, type meens (color)....
now- here is my issue with that, first of all, look at the new rainbow engery, it provides all types (colors). They clearly indacated that they ment color type, not just the the word "type" since that word can be used to meen a type of pokemon or a type of trainer etc.. I've belive that Net Search alowed you to pull 3 difernt basic pokemon as long as they did not have the same name. If they wanted it to meen type (color) then they should have worded it the same way as rainbow engery. it only causes confusion.
I can understand where you're comin' from with this, when you leave the card this much opened to interpretation by the players, it'll almost always lead to nothing but arguments, and HUGE problems for the judges.

BJJ763 said:
Rainbow Energy provides every type of energy.
LNS allows you get up to 3 different types of Pokémon.

The only thing in common with the above sentences is the word "type". Colorless is not a type of energy. Colorless is a type of Pokémon, always has been (reference Porygon's Conversion attack - you can change the Weakness to anything but Colorless. Since Weakness goes by Type, since you cannot pick Colorless as the Type to change it to, Colorless is a Type of Pokémon).
It leads to the question of, will the older cards that refer to changing types and whatnot to anything other colorless be changed to include colorless(Don't say it'd be stupid or pointless, the older cards with powers stoped by Asleep, confused, or parylized, were errattaed to include ALL Special Conditions such as Burn and Poison.)(esspiccially with pokemon with weakness to colorless coming out)?

Anyway, this post was of course IMO.
Thanks for reading.

jdb: We're actually discussing just that with PUI and it's been referred to Japan.

Your (anticipatory) servant.

PokePop said:
jdb: We're actually discussing just that with PUI and it's been referred to Japan.

Your (anticipatory) servant.
Sorry then. You can delete the post if ya want.

PokePop said:
why would I want to do that?
It was a good question.
Ok, I was thinking you were tryin' to say I shouldn't have posted it(or somethin' like that) when you said
Oh well, my bad, sorry 'bout that. :cool:

So is colorless a type or not?
Crystal shard turn you into it, all the fossle's are consedered Colorless (If you evolved it then put a Sphere on it, then devolved it, and used that attack it would be an attack caused by a colorless pokemon and any effects like Unown N or sprout tower would apply)
I belive Net serch was rulled that it did not include colorless pokemon, I know that Colorless was never consedered a color for rainbow engery or Porygon2, colorless is ment to be "normal" type of pokemon. Perhaps they are trying to pull the CCG in line with the gameboy, thus Colorless will become "normal" type pokemon and perhaps Colorless will be a reconised engery type (color) and pokemon type. This could howver retro - activly make older rulling become eather obleseate, IE porygon2, or it could finaly clarify the newer cards, however again, the older rulls would nead an over-hall if this was done, regardless, it seems that no matter what the new weakness of Colorless seems to indacate a change. (I want to see a resantace to colorless, and most inporanly, FIRE!!)

Short answer - Colorless is a type of Pokemon, but it has been ruled that it is not a type of Energy for things that reference "choose a type of Basic Energy ..."

There are some ongoing discussions about the energy rulings so we'll see what develops. Net Search has always allowed you to search for a Colorless Pokemon. It is a type of Pokemon.

BDS

PokePop said:
Nope. Just letting you know we're thinking along those lines too. :)
Ok, that's cooios. :cool: :cool:

Porygon3 said:
(I want to see a resantace to colorless, and most inporanly, FIRE!!)
How about Darkness, I mean the Darkness NRG builds up the damage of the attacks, so why's there weakness to it, but no resistance? :p

oh yeah, fire, colorless, and darkness all do not currently have resantances.. Other then in forms of powers, and 1 statum.

Back