Tournament will begin @ 12pm SHARP.
Cost: $5.00
Format: Modified Constructed
1st Prize: $300 Travel Allowance to Nationals

Between 6th and 7th Avenues
New York, NY 10001
Phone Number: (212) 633-1288
Email: [email protected]

Age divisions will be used during swiss rounds. The top players from each age division will create a top 8 cut. The amount of players from each division taken will depend on the total players in the division. The top 8 will be randomly paired. The winner of the top 8 will receive a $300 travel allowance. Everyone in the top 8 will receive prizes, including cool pokemon merchandise to be announced.

The top 8 will consist of:
Top 4 from Master
Top 2 from Senior
Top 2 from Junior

*Based on attendance, subject to change

Last edited:
Top cut randomly paired, eh?

Is the $300 prize open to anyone who already won a State Championship?

Yes!Neutral Ground rules:pokeball:I love cash tournaments,and pokemon is a great combination.

Last edited:
YESSSS BABY i am there .... brian been gone for a gone for a minute ... but i'm back so ya better b ready.... ^_^

Brian's been gone for like a week, I was next to him during top cut at Time Warp.

LIEGIRL.

YESSSS BABY i am there .... brian been gone for a gone for a minute ... but i'm back so ya better b ready.... ^_^

Brian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Waz up? yo man please come friday and sunday bro we miss you man I want to play cards with you and the crew.

Hi guys its Anthony, Frankie's brother. After hearing this piece of good news, I decided to give Pokemon cards another shot, hey $300 dollars is worth trying for; good luck to everyone.

Last edited:
Age divisions will be used during swiss rounds. The top players from each age division will create a top 8 cut. The amount of players from each division taken will depend on the total players in the division. The top 8 will be randomly paired. The winner of the top 8 will receive a $300 travel allowance. Everyone in the top 8 will receive prizes, including cool pokemon merchandise to be announced.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, so please don't take it that way. Since the SEF of this tournament does not follow POP rules, it cannot be a sanctioned event. I'm not sure that it really matters to you or not, but I thought I'd put it out there so it didn't come as a surprise later if you tried to sanction it.

I definitely applaud you guys for running an event like this. Back when I still played Legend of the Five Rings one of the larger local stores ran a "Trip to GenCon" tournament every year, where players paid $20 entry fee. $5 of it went toward prizes for everyone that played and the other $15 went to first place. We usually drew 50-70 players, so the winner ended up with a pretty good chunk of cash to get themselves to GenCon.

Bolt: Yes, open to everyone, even if you already won a states.
M Liesik: Yeah this will not be a sanctioned. NG is the best! The winner can use the $ for the trip and use what ever left over $ they have on other things. :)

well, when I went to origins, I left with ~$600 and came home with about $250 (hate food prices) But at least the $300 can help out a little

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, so please don't take it that way. Since the SEF of this tournament does not follow POP rules, it cannot be a sanctioned event. I'm not sure that it really matters to you or not, but I thought I'd put it out there so it didn't come as a surprise later if you tried to sanction it.

I definitely applaud you guys for running an event like this. Back when I still played Legend of the Five Rings one of the larger local stores ran a "Trip to GenCon" tournament every year, where players paid $20 entry fee. $5 of it went toward prizes for everyone that played and the other $15 went to first place. We usually drew 50-70 players, so the winner ended up with a pretty good chunk of cash to get themselves to GenCon.

Yes, we know.Neutral ground is good like that, they are the BEST IN GAMING, and hosts the best Pokemon leauge.

Last edited:
Frankie that is your opinion and I won't deny you that freedom, but I would hardly say they are the "best in gaming"... :nonono:

I also really have to wonder what makes you think it's the "best pokemon league" really. There are some major faults I would just love to express but won't say so here to keep this thread on topic. :wink:

Yeah MK your right. All age groups will be merged for Top 8 and out of the 8, the winner will get the $300.

Back