1x Chaos Gym
2x Lass
3x Rocket's Sneak Attack
1x Pokemon Nurse
1x Town Volunteers

Energies (10):
7x Psychic
3x Recycle Energies

This is a deck idea from Pojo message boards. The goal is to use Mewtwo ex to overpower all opponents. I am familiar with the opposition (decks that I fear):

1x Slowking - Sneasel
1x Sneasel deck with Babies and Wobbuffet (Safeguard)
4+ Raindance decks
1x Old School Haymaker
1x Sneasel deck with Clefable and Ditto (very unhealthy for me)
1x Muk / Scyther / Clefable

- No Pichu's are ran in my league.

I know I would want to substitute the Magby's with Pichu's (NG) when I get them. I also may take out the Elekid or Ditto for a third Mewtwo ex. However, I'm not guranteed to acquire those cards before the tourney. With these things in mind, please give this deck a good fix.

-3 Rocket's Sneak Attack
-1 Resistance Gym

+2 Oracle
+2 Bill

This will serve as a double computer search. Play oracle then bill you draw the two cards. Hope this helps.

-2x Misty's Wrath
-2x focus band
-3x Rocket's Sneak Attack
-1x Double Gust

+4x goldberry
+1 tyrogue
+2 gust of wind
+1 psychic energy

Go with jesschow12's suggestion and lose the Elekid for a Pichu. By the way are you the real William Hung, because if so I'm I huge fan.

Last edited:
Yes, I am from American Idol. I don't have time to post often, but as CCs and States come around, I'll be posting more ideas.

you call some one an imposter when he didn't even tell who he was in the begin ok he is realy william hung how i know i when to the league i saw this the day he post it seems kinda odd to put unlimited so i checked it out i saw his deck at the league and it was clearly the same and he was asking around for mewtwo ex as it he stated that he might not get one he did win the tourny you can ask nick15 if he is william hung cuz nick is the gym leader at our league

Last edited:
I believe he is too. I saw his tournament report on Pojo from the STS in California in 2001. He used Blaines RK9 Entei I believe. Either way, welcome to the boards, and lets see what I can do in the way of a deck fix for you. I'll be honest and say its been AGES since I have played Unlimited/Standard though. This may be a bit choppy :p

Pokemon(10):
3x Mewtwo ex
3x Cleffa (NG)
2x Tyrogue (Smash Punch)
2x Magby (NG)

Trainers (41):
4x CPU Search
4x Item Finder
3x Prof. Oak
1x Copycat
1x Professor Elm
2x Pluspower
1x Gust of Wind
1x Double Gust
2x Focus Band
3x Scoop Up
4x Energy Removal
4x Super Energy Removal
2x Resistance Gym
1x Chaos Gym
2x Lass
2x Rocket's Sneak Attack
1x Pokemon Center
1x Town Volunteers

Energies (11):
9x Psychic
2xRecycle Energies

Alrighty, a few changes to the deck that I will discuss real quick. First off, Ditto is useful to counter Sneasel mainly, but without Double Colorless Energy it is less effective. Especially with your lower basic count. So he gets the drop. Tyrogue gets upped a bit as he covers your bases vs Chansey, Clefable, Wigglytuff, and the like with Psy Resistance since most have weakness to fighting. Pluspower is best used vs Sneasel with a Res Gym in play as well, so Mewtwo can hold its own in that situation. 3 Plus Power is overkill with 4 Item Finder IMO, so I dropped 1 for space. I upped the Mewtwo count as well as it is the main source off offense for you short of say, Tyrogue, so you would be risky running only 1. I upped the Psychic Energy count as well, as the deck would be much stronger if you get a turn 1 Mewtwo off say, a Computer Search, and soak it up. Scoop Up also got increased as sponging with that is just wicked. I upped the ER and SER count to 4 a piece as a major aspect of what makes Sponge so good is that it utterly denies them energy and is effectively immune to any energy removal they run themselves. To not run 4 of each is to waste huge potential. I usually do not run Focus Band myself due to my bad flips, but I left them in as they are effective. I changed the Pokemon Nurse to a Pokemon Center, but thats a debatable fix as well. Its really up to you on that one. I am also unsure on Magby, and usually I prefer a form of Igglybuff PP prevention, but Pichu is ran heavily still so that scares me a bit. BUT I added pokemon center so you never know...

Now you say you may or may not get Mewtwo EX and Pichu in time...keep the Magby than, and in place of the 3rd Mewtwo EX I suggested, add perhaps a MP Mewtwo from the good old days. Its not as good but its got the same principle behind it. Pokemon Fan Club is a good addition as well here. When if your tournament also? I own an extra Mewtwo EX and plenty of extra Pichu, I could possibly trade you them and send you them in the mail if you wanted.

wilhung53 said:
Hello all,
Let's get to the deck here:

Mewchu (my version)

Pokemon (10):
2x Mewtwo ex
3x Cleffa (NG)
1x Ditto (Fossil)
1x Tyrogue (Smash Punch)
1x Elekid
2x Magby (NG)

Trainers (40):
4x CPU Search
4x Item Finder
4x Prof. Oak
3x Pluspower
2x Misty's Wrath
1x Gust of Wind
1x Double Gust
2x Focus Band
2x Scoop Up
2x Energy Removal
3x Super Energy Removal
2x Resistance Gym
1x Chaos Gym
2x Lass
3x Rocket's Sneak Attack
1x Pokemon Nurse
1x Town Volunteers

Energies (10):
7x Psychic
3x Recycle Energies

This is a deck idea from Pojo message boards. The goal is to use Mewtwo ex to overpower all opponents. I am familiar with the opposition (decks that I fear):

1x Slowking - Sneasel
1x Sneasel deck with Babies and Wobbuffet (Safeguard)
4+ Raindance decks
1x Old School Haymaker
1x Sneasel deck with Clefable and Ditto (very unhealthy for me)
1x Muk / Scyther / Clefable

- No Pichu's are ran in my league.

I know I would want to substitute the Magby's with Pichu's (NG) when I get them. I also may take out the Elekid or Ditto for a third Mewtwo ex. However, I'm not guranteed to acquire those cards before the tourney. With these things in mind, please give this deck a good fix.

Yo, I'ma do the best I can to fix this deck.

Pokemon (14):
3x Mewtwo ex
4x Cleffa (NG)
1x Tyrogue (Smash Punch)
2x Magby (NG)
2x Grimer(your choice)
2x Muk (Fossil)

Pokemon: Drop Elekid, he's really not that good, and if for somereason someone was to put in a pichu it will kill it. Replace it with a 4th Cleffa. Replace Ditto for a Mewtwo ex. Add in a 2/2 Grimer/Muk (fossil) line. I will make room for them later.

Trainers (34):
4x CPU Search
3x Item Finder
4x Copycat
3x Juggler
3x Gust of Wind
2x Focus Band
2x Scoop Up
3x Energy Removal
3x Super Energy Removal
2x Resistance Gym
1x Chaos Gym
3x Lass
1x Town Volunteers

Trainers: Change the Professor Oaks to Copycat. Drop an Item Finder, all the Mistys Wrath, and the Pokemon Nurse. Freeing up four more spots. Add in 3 Juggler and One Energy Removal... Now drop the Rocket's Sneak Attack for 1 lass and the two grimer I added in... drop double gust and plus powers... 2 plus powers will be changed for two Muk. Now add the remaining two slots to Gust Of Wind.

Energies (12):
9x Psychic
3x Recycle Energies

Energy: Simply add two psychic energy.

Pokemon (14):
3x Mewtwo ex
4x Cleffa (NG)
1x Tyrogue (Smash Punch)
2x Magby (NG)
2x Grimer(your choice)
2x Muk (Fossil)

Trainers (34):
4x CPU Search
3x Item Finder
4x Copycat
3x Juggler
3x Gust of Wind
2x Focus Band
2x Scoop Up
3x Energy Removal
3x Super Energy Removal
2x Resistance Gym
1x Chaos Gym
3x Lass
1x Town Volunteers

Energies (12):
9x Psychic
3x Recycle Energies

You might want to find room for some switch as well. I hope this helps ya, good luck in the next tournament.

Thanks for all the fixes. I did have all the cards for I need for the tournament. The metagame matters a lot. It really helped my strategy to an already powerful deck. I did win the tourney, and look forward to posting deck ideas for CC's and States. Here is the decklist I used for the tourney:

3x Mewtwo ex
3x Cleffa
2x Tyrogue
2x Pichu

4x CPU Search
4x Prof. Oak
4x Item Finder
2x ER
3x SER
2x Double Gust
2x Focus Band
2x Rocket's Sneak Attack
2x Lass
2x Resistance Gym
1x Chaos Gym
2x Misty's Wrath
3x Pluspower
2x Scoop Up
2x Focus Band
1x Pokemon Nurse
1x Town Volunteers
1x Goop Gas Attack

7x Psychic
3x Recycle Energy

I do expect the metagame to change a bit. In any case, please continue to post fixes/suggestions to this deck.

William Hung

56th place in WCSTS 2001 (Over 200 participants)
9th place in Professor Challenge 2002 (San Diego)

are you comming to the Los Angeles CC (Diamond Bar)?

you'd need a modifed deck.

Last edited:
Hey, why dont you and Nick 15 come on over for our Los Angeles, CC
Tell him I'm hosting it.

Jerry D.
(I'll email him later)

Great job on the tournament. If you need any advice on Modified decks for the CCs and States, post and wed be glad to help. Its also really cool that you posted and didn't try and draw attention to yourself for being on American Idol.

As for the deck, I like the Pokemon count you have, and I really like the addition of Goop Gas Attack too. Its become a very useful card. It beats Brocks Ninetales Scizor/Steelix pretty handily hehe.

Hello, glad to see you're throwin up a cool mewtwo EX deck around. Anyways, most of the card selection looks very good, except for the lone Goop Gas attack, which seems awkward considering the efectiveness of the card itself. THere's really no pokemon powers you'll really need to be afraid of, except for Slowking's power of course and maybe on a very small extent Raindance, which Pichu should provide enough support with the right moves. Instead, I suggest something that isn't common at all in revised sponges, a trick card perhaps. Anything can do, except for goop gas attack, pokemon, trick energy card, trainer, whatever you feel like.

Other than that the deck looks solid to me. Good luck with it.

Dallas(Strike) I personally like the GGA. Do you realize what a Brocks Ninetaled Steelix would do to this dck? Yeha...plus alot of decks run PPs. Its just good and situational. Drop it down before Slowkings hit. Its not bad and gives you some speed.

Nice

Nice to meet you here. I am a fan.
I also am impressed that you aren't drawing attention from the whole show here. It shows true character.
I also sing too, so we got some stuff in common.

As for the deck, i like the idea. Sponge was a good deck, i used to play undergroud back in the day with ditto and promo mewtwo. I could see t using gust of win(d) instead of double gust, but i understand your logic using double gust, just incase you have another mewtwo on the bench that isnt loaded yet. Maybe getting rid of chaos gym for another psychic energy or nurse.
Another area to fix could be the wrath's for maybe gold berrys.

Last edited:
TTAr, you kinda wonder, who play's borck's ninetails anymore? Depending on the metagame, GGA would be good for if you expected Brock's ninetails, but given the type of enviroment there is for unlimited it's highly unlikely.GGA might be good against slowking, only if you time it at the right moment, which only gives you an oppurtunity of 1 turn, which the slowking player can easily lass you away or come up with a counter strategy. And then there's the argument of a lot of pp pokemon. How many would really affect the deck to the point where sponge would need power shutdown like GGA? Slowking and D.Vileplume's power are the only ones that hurt the deck badly, and once they're down then GGA can't really help you unless you have some real good luck, so the effectiveness of GGA i believe is really doubtful.

Last edited:
I use Brocks Ninetales, and in return my metagame grew into a heavily ninetales'd ( i GARUNTEE thats gramatically BUTCHERED ) one as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back