Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New Decks at Nationals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quali

I was wondering what were some of the new decks people encountered during nationals? What decks seemed to come out on top? Is there a new deck that will change the metagame?

Nationals was pretty much Regionals but bigger. Actually, scratch that. There was more originality at Regionals with decks like Arithmatic doing well. Nationals was pretty much Empoleon/GG. But Torterra made top 4 in Masters! Go Torterra player!

RG (Magmortar/Leafeon) was also played by a lot of big name players and did fairly well, but I don't think any of them made it out of T16 or maybe even T32.

The best went as far as T16 with Fulop though, TRUK didn't make cut. Lost of players playing RG will have problems with energy attachment.

Fulop lost in T32 as well. Only person that I think might have made T16 is Eric Craig, though I'm not sure.

The best went as far as T16 with Fulop though, TRUK didn't make cut. Lost of players playing RG will have problems with energy attachment.

No, that wasn't the problem (for me at least)

It was never seeing a T2 claydol with the most terrible starts. Seriously Chatoting multiple times for trash isn't good.

I found the problem with Leafeon was if they coud get a quick Psychic Lock on you, you started having issues due to lack of energy drops.

Drew

I would imagine the problem would be always having energy to attach with Energy Forcing. I always had the problem with a Flyvire deck early in the season that I wouldn't have enough energy in my hand to always be able to use Delta Supply.

Well, I played against this one deck that used Team Galactic's Wager and Gardevoir's Psychic Lock like every turn.
It was pretty annoying and innovative. I had never thought about using the 2 together like that.

Uhhh, they call in Plox. That was the original main differentiation between Plox and Gardellade at least, a lot of TGW.

A deck i had some problems with was this deck with electrivire garchomp i was playing empoleon so..... Ya he had an awesome start but he came 2nd in candian nats.

I know I saw Eric Craig in top 16 with Leaf/Mortar, pretty good showing for the deck considering how stale the format is. There really wasn't anything new to the format that came at nats. Empo took the place of Magmortar, and Eevees were seen somewhat. That's about it. I'm not even sure how many Skittles were played.

Yea he did top 16 with it. I mean PLOX is a easier matchup sometimes cuz Mag can just abuse the scrambles,and with some builds you could add in FF and handle the Emp matchup. I love that deck.

Yea he did top 16 with it. I mean PLOX is a easier matchup sometimes cuz Mag can just abuse the scrambles,and with some builds you could add in FF and handle the Emp matchup. I love that deck.

i found that FF slows the deck down, but thats just me :smile:

Eric made T16 with it, Fulop, Pooka T32, I lost T64, Pramawat lost T64. It may have gone further if the pairings had been correct, but nobody will ever know.

No, that wasn't the problem (for me at least)

It was never seeing a T2 claydol with the most terrible starts. Seriously Chatoting multiple times for trash isn't good.

That was my problem too. Drawing garbage is one thing, doing Mimic for more garbage is another, and then still barely losing those games on time is like salt in the wound.

/grapes

I played a Gyarados, Mothim, and Unown P deck in round 3. I think people were calling it Moth Balls. I played against Banette Electrode in round 6 or 7 I think. Both of those decks were pretty awesome. Other than those two I played against G&G twice, Empoleon three times, and Leafeon twice.

I heard about a deck called Spread The Damage; I believe it used Absol EX, Zapdos, and Bronzong? I don't know what its final standings were, but people were talking about it being 5-0 at one point during the day.

A very wicked Absol Gallade list out of Colorado made it to top 16 and top 32.

And of course Torterra got third place! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back