Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New League Cycle Starts on Sept. 19th

Hello ,

Season 12 is the last season of the Ruby/Sapphire league cycle. Players around the world will be earning their Rain Badges and new Flygon promo cards (these are not the same Flygon cards that were featured in Season 8). As you may or may not know, we’ll be releasing an exciting new league cycle on September 19th and would love to have your players participate in it.

The new Pokémon League’s theme is based on the Sevii Islands and will run until September of 2005. These islands are found at the end of the forthcoming Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen Game Boy game. Each season will represent one of the seven islands, with the eighth and final season representing the Trainer Tower, found on the seventh island. We will begin taking orders for the first season, the Knot Island season, on September 1st. Each kit will support 10 players and will have all of the information you need to successfully run the new league.

In addition to this fun new theme, we are also providing new, organized play exclusive promo cards. The 17 cards in this set will be used for all organized play programs and will be spread out over the first few seasons, after which a new promo set will be released. Each player will have the opportunity to earn some of these promos by completing various tasks throughout the seasons. There are other prizes to be earned as well. These include Poké Ball badges, Premier Trainer stickers and exclusive Pokémon stickers. All of these prizes are tracked in the Sevii Islands League Badge Book. That’s right; Badge Books are back!

Ads for both the new league and the new OP promo set will begin showing up in major gaming magazines within the next few weeks. Copies of the ads have also been included in the Season 12 kits. These ads should help to create awareness and drive players to your league so be ready for an increase in attendance. We’re hoping to make this the best league cycle ever!

If you have any questions or concerns about the new league cycle, feel free to email us at [email protected] and we’ll help you out as best we can.

Thank you for your continued participation,
Pokemon Organized Play

Well,

I am glad to see that PUI has released this information....Sounds like league will be revamped for more fun....

PhoenixSong said...

In addition to this fun new theme, we are also providing new, organized play exclusive promo cards. The 17 cards in this set will be used for all organized play programs and will be spread out over the first few seasons, after which a new promo set will be released

I especially like the new mini card sets for the leagues.. This will make players come to league to get the cards each month to complete the set...

BADGES ARE BACK BADGE BOOKS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS PUI!!!!!!!!!

OMG FLYGON PROMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VINCE LETS FINISH OFF SEASON 11, UMM LIKE RIGHT NOW!!! PheonixSong can you scan it? Is it the 7-11 Flygon Promo? Can you describe its attacks. Anyway kool, a league that goes retro.

Sweet, I can't wait to see how everything looks when I order it. So we should be able to order them on September or sooner than that. I like the new ideas, PUI is really looking at the things that people really want. :)

This new cycle will run from Sept 04 to Sept 05, but will only include 8 seasons?

So, the seasons are now more than one month long?

Currently, we have a 12-season cycle, so there is a reduction in that.....

Does anyone know more about how this is supposed to work?

:)

Last edited:
Thats cool, seems like a good idea. Can't wait to tell me League Members about this, they are gonna flip. :)

M_Liesik said:
Seasons will be 6 weeks now with a few breaks for major holidays.

Thanks, Mike!

This really sounds exciting....

We just started our league, so I feel like we got in at the right time! :D

Mike - how much of what we received in the Season 12 kits is for public consumption? Can we quote the advance copies of the ads? (guessing yes) Post on the Internet? (guessing not)

RainbowRichards said:
Mike - how much of what we received in the Season 12 kits is for public consumption? Can we quote the advance copies of the ads? (guessing yes) Post on the Internet? (guessing not)

It's in the kits, it's public info.

The ads should actually be on shelves this week anyway, so go for it.

Prof. Dav

FYI - if your browser automatically shrinks the picture to fit the window size, just use the little 'button' that appears at the bottom right-hand corner (when you hover over the pic with your mouse) to expand it to full size (making it very readable!)

Last edited:
I'm curious which additional ways to get those 2 card boosters will be.
On the normal way we don't get a single thing, thanks to our distributor who is sending leaguekits to stores without players and denies the real players.
So anyone knows how we overseas can get them.

Can you imagine, NON of the players who are representing the Netherland at Worlds have got a single leaguepromo since OP started. They got totally NOTHING. (At least not through the official way, thanks to you all of the pokegym sending me support).
And now they getting a translator at worlds who is the same guy who is not sending leaguekits for them.
Sorry I can't shut up, I get sick reading all over the World blablablalbbala.

Are The 17 Promos Going To Be Black Star Promos and Are There going to be other promos besides the 17 cards in the packs??
Drew

Back