Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New Mexico State Championship March 13th -TOP 4 Winners added

spookees

NEW MEXICO STATE POKEMON CHAMPIONSHIP

Basic Information

Location: Albuquerque Convention Center 401 2nd St. NW, Albuquerque, NM
West Complex- Upper level- In the Ruidoso/San Miguel Room

Date: Saturday, March 13th, 2010

Time: Registration begins at 8:30 AM (Registration ends at 10:15 AM). Player meeting begins at 10:30 AM. The main tournament (swiss rounds) can last 5 to 6 hours.

You must be in the registration line with your decklist ready no later than 10:15am or you may receive a first round loss or not be allowed to enter the event. Don't be late!

Three Age Divisions: Juniors (born in 1999 or later)/Seniors (born in 1995, 1996, 1997, or 1998)/Masters (born in 1994 or earlier)
K-Value: 32

Format: Modified Constructed Deck (bring your own deck - Cards are allowed from Diamond Pearl or later as well as Promos from POP Series 6 and above and Black Star Promos DP01 and higher) We will do Age Modified Swiss (all players will play in every round)

Cost: FREE

What are the Prizes?

The top 8 finishers in each of the three age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place

• A Pokémon TCG State Champion Trophy
• A $300 travel allowance to participate in the Pokémon TCG National Championships (U.S. & Canada). This allowance will be given on-site at the National Championships.*
• A first-round bye at the U.S. or Canadian National Championships**
• 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
• Pokémon POP Playmat

* Players can win multiple travel allowances. Travel allowances must be collected by the winner of record.
** Byes do not stack. Players winning more than one S/P/T event will receive only a first-round bye.

2nd Place

• A Pokémon TCG State 2nd Place Trophy
• 16 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

3rd - 4th Place

• A Pokémon TCG State 3rd/4th Place Trophy
• 8 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

5th - 8th Place

• 4 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

Additionally, participants will receive a Pokémon TCG 2010 State Championship promo card, while supplies last, just for playing!

--->ADDITION: Concession stands will be open at 9am and stay open for dinner time, this will be available across the walkway bridge on the second floor, same floor as the event.

Additional Information: Call (602) 791-4941 or e-mail [email protected]

Free Pokemon Raffles!!

Last edited:
Thanks Jose!

I just received confirmation, i will have another special item to give away to all the registered players, while supplies last of course! BE EARLY !!

Thanks Jose!

I just received confirmation, i will have another special item to give away to all the registered players, while supplies last of course! BE EARLY !!

You Welcome Trish.
I will be as early as possible. Are you going to need any help.

ok my dad is not off is there a flight to al from lubbock

Idk,.... I think there is. Go to thier web site. I dont travel to much by plane.:thumb:

Hotel update: I tried to get a block of rooms at any of the local hotels, it would seem the basketball tourney will be going on that weekend and they could not block off rooms. So please check the hotel websites for availability.

The Doubletree that is attached to the convention center is more than double the rate from last year. The states staff will not be staying there, instead The Hyatt Place at Sunport place next to the Airport was gracious to extend their help to us. I know there are a few rooms left there and they are willing to shuttle us to the convention center. The rooms are around $80-$90 per nite. Just a FYI.

OMG can't wait for this!! I am the nerdy kid from Santa FE who always brags about pulling a flygon lv X at the RR prerelease. How many people where there last year?

Do you get in by invite on this, or is it all players?

also, I'm the kid with the throw in a shiny shirt and big glasses who always brings his two friends, I've attended every PR since RR other than SV

Anyone can play at the State Championship! Its open to Everyone!

Anyone flying in, there are plenty of hotels around the airport that have a shuttle service however check with your hotel.
Also some of them may have a shuttle service to the convention center as well, many do not. I would suggest calling the hotel directly and ask the front desk. Book your hotel early, there is a HUGE basketball tournament going on and many of the hotels are already booked solid.

Back