3 Buck's Training Method
2 Time-Space Distortion
2 Warp Point
4 Energy Switch
Energy (13)
9 Fighting Energy
4 Call Energy

Strategy
Use Skuntank G's "Poison Structure" Poke-Power to poison yourself and the opponent, dishing big damage with Gliscor's "Pester" attack to do 80 for 2. Alternately, Wigglytuff GE's "Goodnight Melody" Poke-Power may be used to put yourself and the opponent to sleep in G-heavy metagames. It may actually be possible to run 2-2 Wigglytuff and 1 Skuntank with a few reconfigurations. Xatu SW removes status from Gliscor, which then hits 80 for 2. Gliscor's "Pester" attack allows you to return it to the deck before getting KOed by the opponent, at which point it can be retrieved and set up again. Broken Time-Space and Energy Switch makes possible cycling and attacking with fresh Gliscors every turn.

DECKLIST B - NO MERCY
Pokemon (27)
4 Gligar LA (94/146)
4 Gliscor DP36 (BLISTER PROMO)
2 Baltoy GE
2 Claydol GE
2 Skuntank G PT
2 Palkia GE (26/106)
2 Palkia Lv.X GE (106/106)
4 Crobat G PT
3 Uxie LA
1 Uxie Lv.X LA
1 Azelf LA
Trainers (21)
3 Stark Mountain
4 Roseanne's Research
4 Bebe's Search
1 Luxury Ball
3 Time-Space Distortion
4 Switch
2 Warp Point
Energy (12)
8 Fighting Energy
4 Call Energy

Gliscor (DP36)
[C] Cutting Turn: Flip a coin. If heads, put damage counters on the Defending Pokemon until it is 10 HP away from being Knocked Out. If you do, shuffle Gliscor and all cards attached to it into your deck.

Strategy
Games are often decided by a coin toss or rock-paper-scissors: this list capitalizes on this effect. The strategy is to use Palkia's "Restructure" Poke-Power to pull up non-G, un-"Guarded" Pokemon in order to use Skuntank G's "Poison Structure" Poke-Power to poison yourself and the opponent, thereafter using Gliscor's "Cutting Turn" attack. If heads, you effectively score a free KO after poison takes effect and return Gliscor to the deck, undamaged -- circumventing Gengar's "Fainting Spell" Poke-Power. If the only available 'mon on the board to attack happens to be a G Pokemon, Crobat G's "Flash Bite" power comes in on the next turn to score the KO.
If tails, Gliscor simply remains active with both players taking poison counters, and "Cutting Turn" is attempted during the next turn. Stark Mountain makes it possible to manipulate energy to retreat Claydol after restructuring and ensures that no attachments are wasted. With 4 Gligar in the deck and 3 Time-Space Distortion, it should be easy to get a new Gliscor out every turn.

Last edited:
Have you considered Energy Link instead of switch? You could just keep reusing them with burning poision's hand retreat, and you could pool your energy on the bench so you don't have to keep reattaching

Pester doesn't allow you to return...Burning Poison does. Yeah I mean if it did this would be a nasty deck. And running the Promo Gliscor wouldn't be a good idea...u\Unown g will make you want to scoop. Unless you run a Mespirit and shut down Unown G guard then next turn attempt "Cutting turn" then it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Looking2Scor: this is an intriguing idea. I think I might consider running 3-4 Stark Mountain instead of BTS or Energy Link for that extra attachment, as it seems unlikely that the opponent will be able to consistently 1-hit the Gliscors every turn.

The focus becomes quite different if blister promo Gliscor goes into the list, and it would no longer need to run Xatu. But I think The_Joker is right here -- Unown G is just too popular these days. A 1-1 Palkia Lv.X would likely be in order for the promo to work well, seeing as Poketurn allows would-be prizes to shrug off the -HEADS- flip damage.

I will definitely be running Cobrai Kai: Poison Strikeforce for at least one Battle Road event.

I like this idea love how you added skuntank g to the gliscor line w/xatu here's what i would do
-4 energy switch
+3 Stark mountain
+1 Premier ball so that you can get gliscor x out faster

Have you tried tossing in a 1-1 Mightyena from PT as an alternate attacker? It kinda goes with the theme and gives some more variation to the deck! Nice idea and it looks interesting for sure.

JJJHS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back