Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New Set for Japan in July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serebii.net's newest update tells of the next new TCG set in Japan. The set , along with two minidecks, comes out July 1st (although, for all we know, that could be tentative). The minidecks feature Rayquaza and Deoxys and so the main set most likely has the theme of space, or more specifically Movie 7. Personally, I am looking forward to this set. I've been waiting for Deoxys in the TCG and this will debut him.

interesting. If the new set comes out in japan on july 1st i wonder how long till nintendo usa starts pumping it off the press and into stores. Im guessing just after worlds so the fans have something new to work with for next season.

We need to see some pokemon released that have only been "ex". like Groudon, Kyogre and the Regis. Perhaps it will be a set with all 21 legnedary pokemon in it, i mean only Jirachi, Latias and Latios have been made in Ex series' and nitendo promo so far,

as standard cards......

Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Mewtwo
Mew
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Lugia
Ho-oh
Celebi
Regice
Regirock
Registeel
Latias
Latios
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys

And maybe...

Lugia ex
Ho-oh ex
Deoxys ex

It would be lovely to get all those into one set, and they dont all need to be holofoil either. alot of them havent been made with e-codes yet because of this, maybe it will get hold of the expanded pokedex for the Regis, etc.

I would like this very much, but it is actually quite unlikely. I have also read that information on Serebii and i look forward to it.

As FoTL has been released, it was about time some new cards were announced. I don't mind if these things never stop, its only money i spend on them!

anyone know where i can get FoTL scans yet?

thanks but i just found most of the scans at my old friends at pokeschool's webiste. i posted them in a topic if anyone wanna see 'em!

I was afraid of this happening. It would seem likely that the next USA/International set will not be out before Worlds possibly giving Japanese players a potienial tactical advantage for the World Championships. Thoughts on that?

mysterioustrainer said:
I was afraid of this happening. It would seem likely that the next USA/International set will not be out before Worlds possibly giving Japanese players a potienial tactical advantage for the World Championships. Thoughts on that?

There will be restrictions placed upon Japanese players as to what they are allowed to play. The World Championship main tournament is a Modified format and as such will go by the current Modified rules of that day. Generally, if a Japanese player wins an invitation into Worlds, they should have very few problems adjusting to the rules of the event. Now adjusting to a entirely new format and the metagame is a whole 'nother ball park.
-Phil

I really couldnt imagine how it will be for Japanese players at Worlds. Does anyone know the current format that is implemented in Japan/ what decks are actually played. I mean for them it would be like the US going from Rocket-On to Neo-On, a completely different format, completely different metagame, I have to wonder if that gives the US/Europe players an advantage, hmm it obv. does.
tA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back