Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New Steelix ex Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roderick

The strategy is to get as many psychic energies in your discard and use Metagross to get them on Steelix ex. To help you discard psychic energies there are Tv Reporter, Holon Mentor and Holon Scientist. After getting the psychic energy needed on Steelix ex attatch a Holon's Castform or Holon's Electrode and hit something for 100.

Pokemon = 22

Metagross (DX) = 4
Metanng (HL 44/101) = 3
Beldum (HL 54/101) = 4

Steelix ex = 3
Onix (RR) = 3

Holon's Castform = 2
Holon's Electrode = 3

Trainers = 24

Rare Candy = 2
Battle Frontier = 2
Island Cave = 2
Pokemon Retriever = 2
Elm's Training Method = 3
Tv Reporter = 3
Holon Tranciever = 2
Holon Mentor = 2
Holon Scientist = 2
Switch = 2
Scott = 2

Energies = 14

Psychic energies = 10
Metal energies = 4

The battle frontier is in this deck because in my current metagame there aren't a lot of players that play pokemon that do special conditions and if I play it the only loss is Steelix's pokebdy. For those who play special conditions I have Island Cave to counter them.

Last edited:
4-3-3 for metagross will enough, as for steelix, 2-2 is better than 4-3, include metal and 2 warp energy to switch steelix:thumb:

why not use meganium ex instead of metagross?
instead of taking 10, you heal 10 and basically gain immunity to special conditions
you could also play power tree with meg ex, allowing you to be able to get back any lost grass energies
just a thought

10x for your ideas. I'm not sure about Meganium ex though because I don't even have one right now. I'll play test it and see how it goes.

I have a very similar deck to this:

Pokemon (18)
4x Jirachi (DX)
3x Beldum (HL)
2x Metang (D) (DS)
3x Metagross (DX)
3x Onix (UF)
3x Steelix Ex (UF)

Trainers (27)
4x Prof. Elm's Training Method (UF)
2x Copycat (TR)
2x Holon Transiever (DS)
2x Holon Mentor (DS)
1x Holon Scientist (DS)
3x TV Reporter (OP2)
2x Pokemon Retriever (TR)
3x Oran Berry (EM)
4x Island Cave (HL)
2x Rare Candy (HP)
2x Switch (DS)

Energy (15)
3x Holon's Magneton (DS)
3x Holon's Electrode (DS)
4x Metal Energy
5x Psychic Energy

Oran Berry for Liability and everything else is pretty much speaks for itself. I was thinking of having Giant Stump in there to put the Damage on the Bench while they have such limited space. Its alright, but I think it needs some changes maybe. Lmk wut you guys think. :)

ummm, this is a waist of time, man, sorry for my comment but steelix ex just work with lbs man, with meganium, or something else (tyranicargo, metagross) is too slow , if you like the metal, trai with combis delta man, bye.-

don't listen to sama for the most part he doesn't know what he's talking about takeing of corse from his previous posts here. but i will say this could be great next format, add steels a nd maybe a blissey ex to heal dmg and make them chop threw a 140HP st1 ex with 4 steels on him that might seam like a waste but you can always get them back and maybe the new holon setup

DarkMagnus said:
don't listen to sama for the most part he doesn't know what he's talking about takeing of corse from his previous posts here. but i will say this could be great next format, add steels a nd maybe a blissey ex to heal dmg and make them chop threw a 140HP st1 ex with 4 steels on him that might seam like a waste but you can always get them back and maybe the new holon setup
he is right
with metagross, you can get back metals on steelix, and go for a sudo-PMS attack (4 metals)
my suggestion with meg ex was simply because with mex, you could use other cards as well
now i see you can do the same with metagross, you could even add in scizor for more attacking
ADD IN SHUCKLE AND YOU ARE UNSTOPPABLE
OH YEAH, I JUST SHIFTED THE METAGAME
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Latias *?

22 energies (including Holon's Pokes) is very high, even for what you are trying to do.
Why no Metals?

4-3-4 Metagross with no Rare Candy? You need to add atleast 2.

3 Transciever is pretty important, since you have to fill your bench with Metagross for this deck to work. Being able to drop a Steelix out of nowhere and power it up in a single turn is one of the things that makes LBS soo sexy.

Deoxys ex? I'm not sure you need it, but they are pretty nifty.

Can you go with no search? Not even Jirachi?

Wow, 4 Castform is scary. I think you'll start with Castform almost 1/3 games, and with only 2/2 Trans/Mentor, that is quite scary. I think you need Jirachi and only 2 Castform.

This just doesn;t seem like an efficient way to play Steelix, but I wish you luck. I have an un-healthy obsession with Metagross, so I'm hoping you will do well. Good luck.

maybe tech a (d) Metagross for draw?
and the latias * idea sounds good too you might wanna try it
and i would like to say Holon Setup Rules use it its god even if you just go 4 trans, 2 mentor and 1/1 Scientist advent its worth it

Flareon said:
Latias *?

22 energies (including Holon's Pokes) is very high, even for what you are trying to do.
Why no Metals?

4-3-4 Metagross with no Rare Candy? You need to add atleast 2.

3 Transciever is pretty important, since you have to fill your bench with Metagross for this deck to work. Being able to drop a Steelix out of nowhere and power it up in a single turn is one of the things that makes LBS soo sexy.

Deoxys ex? I'm not sure you need it, but they are pretty nifty.

Can you go with no search? Not even Jirachi?

Wow, 4 Castform is scary. I think you'll start with Castform almost 1/3 games, and with only 2/2 Trans/Mentor, that is quite scary. I think you need Jirachi and only 2 Castform.

This just doesn;t seem like an efficient way to play Steelix, but I wish you luck. I have an un-healthy obsession with Metagross, so I'm hoping you will do well. Good luck.

You're right there was a mistake about the 4-3-4 Metagross.
These are the changes I did:
- 1 Metagross
- 1 Onix
- 1 Holon's Castform
+ 2 Jirachi (DX)
+ 1 Jirachi (HL)
Should I replace the HL Jirachi with another of DX??

25 Pokemon
4 CFF Beldum
3 Levitate Metang/DX Metang(for next format)
3 DX Metagross
2 TRR Onix/UF Onix(for next format)
2 Steelix ex
1 Latias*
4 DX Jirachi
4 Holon Trode
2 Holon Ton
(1 Deoxys ex Attack)

9 Energy
4 Metal
5 Psychic

26 Trainers
4 PETM
4 Battle Frontier/Crystal Beach(for next format)
3 Rare Candy
3 Steven's Advice/TV Reporter(for next format)
2 Holon Tranciever
2 Holon Mentor
1 Holon Adventurer
1 Holon Scientist
1 Warp Point
1 Switch
4 Other(depending on what you feel you need)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back