Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New tins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orange Soda

Just happened accross this article at Nintendo.com:

http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=qy9auIQVXNE9IV67ocwOi8Pe2NVyq8kM&page=

Pokémon Trading Card Game: EX Collector's Tin Gives Players New Way To Get In On The Frenzy!

Aug 07, 2006

Three Different Tins, Three Different Special Foil Cards for Collectors

Pokémon USA Inc., a worldwide leader in the trading card game industry, has announced a special Pokémon Trading Card Game release, the EX Collector's Tin, to be released on October 1st. Each tin includes four EX Series booster packs-two from the popular EX Emerald expansion and two from the more recent release, EX Crystal Guardians-as well as one of three foil Pokémon cards.

Every Pokémon TCG: EX Collector's Tin features a great window design for players to display their favorite card, and each comes with one of three foil Pokémon-ex cards: Groudon ex, Kyogre ex, or Rayquaza ex. Each tin is specially designed around these powerful Pokémon, ensuring that players will want to collect all three.

The Pokémon TCG: EX Collector's Tins go on sale in stores October 1st, just in time for the holidays and priced at $12.99 each. Each of the four booster packs inside contains nine randomly inserted game cards.

For more information, visit www.pokemon-tcg.com.

the Exs are:
Groudon ex, Kyogre ex, or Rayquaza ex

Kyogre ex - Water - 100 HP Basic

Poke-Body: Frenzy
If your opponent has Groudon (ex) or Rayquaza (ex) in play, Kyogre does an additional 40 damage to each Defending Pokemon.
[W][C] Aqua Supply: 30 damage. You may attach a Basic Energy card from your hand to 1 of your Pokemon.
[W][C][C] Tsunami: 40 damage. Does 10 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Lightning
Resistance: None
Retreat: 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rayquaza ex - Colorless - 100 HP Basic

If your opponent has Kyogre (ex) or Groudon (ex) in play, Rayquaza ex does an additional 40 damage to each Defending Pokemon.
[C][C] Dragon Bind: 20 damage. Flip a coin, if heads the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed.
[R][L][C] Twister: 50 damage. Flip 2 coins. For each heads discard an energy attached to the Defending Pokemon. If both coins are tails, this attack does nothing.

Weakness: Colorless
Resistance: Water / Fighting
Retreat: 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Groudon ex - Fighting - 100 HP Basic

If your opponent has Kyogre (ex) or Rayquaza (ex) in play, Groudon ex does an additional 40 damage to each Defending Pokemon.
[F][C] Mix-Up: 30 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, discard 1 card from the top of your opponent's deck.
[F][C][C] Earthquake: 60 damage. Does 10 damage to each of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Water
Resistance: None
Retreat: 2

Nintendo isn't doing a very good job of making me want to buy their products.

Prime said:
Nintendo isn't doing a very good job of making me want to buy their products.

they are from the players club. they feature legendary pokemon, which attract everyone. the players club doesn't have great cards, but the art is cool (crummy tradeoff, but whatever).

basically, more people will buy these than the amt. of people who won't. i'm glad they are being released in a tin set than in an actual set. can you imagine getting a box of crystal guardians and seeing those as your three exs?

so, release a card that is incredibly amazingly powerful in an easy-to-obtain fashion? okay, sounds like a great pla--oh wait. heres the problem with that: the game becomes yu-gi-oh. everyone is playing the SAME decks.

you don't want the tins? don't buy them. we get playable cards--they are in packs. would you prefer to have these in packs instead of a REALLY good ex? remember the regis from ex: emerald? heck, remember ALL of ex: emerald (well, except a few cards, but you get what i mean ;p)?

I think someone said sometime in the past that most of the people that buy this game don't even play it, or don't play it competitively. I think that's correct...um well, I guess I can see how this would appeal to them. But you know, every tin that has come out, I've totally just passed over because they've all had horrible cards in them. The cards don't have to be a part of the new big deck, but atleast they could be somewhat playable.

I look back at POP3, and the reprint of the EX: UF Ho-oh EX. I thought that was awesome. Even though the card wasn't awesome, they reprinted a card and gave others a chance to get a semi-useful card. They could easily do that with the Emerald EX's (minus a few) and not mess up the format at all. I'd welcome stuff like that.

Watch it be those tins we saw many months ago that people that were fake. I'd so laugh.

Why are they bad?

Turn two : 70 damage plus energy accelleration doesn't look at all shaby to me. or 60 damage and 50% paralysis.

These have to be the most playable promos yet?

HornetsBasketballFan said:
THey are bad because the other player has to have one of the other 2 EX's on their side of the field.

whoops... missed that it was the opponent who had to play em to give you the benefit :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back