Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New to TCG, need help making this deck better !

Status
Not open for further replies.

WOG-E19

Hey Guys, I'm new to pokegym so I am hoping that you guys can help me make this deck better ! Any constructive criticism will be gladly accepted.

Pokemon: 19 total

2 Vulpix (HGSS)
2 Ninetales (HGSS)
3 Cyndaquil (HGSS)
2 Quilava (HGSS)
3 Typhlosion Prime (HGSS)
2 Charizard G (SV)
2 Charizard G Lv X (SV)
1 Onix (HGSS)
1 Heatran (LA)
1 Heatran Lv X

Trainers/ Supporters: 24 total

3 Rare Candy
2 Expert Belt
3 Pokemon Collector
4 Bebe's Search
3 Interviewer's Questions
3 Warp Point
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Broken-Time Space
2 Aaron's Collection

Energy: 17 total
3 :colorless::colorless:
14 :fire:

Strategy: I want to get Heatran Lv X out first, use warp point to bring him to my bench. Use Ninetales for drawing cards and Typhlosion prime to attach energy to my Charizard G Lv X. Heatran Lv X's poke-power and typhlosion's poke-power will constantly supply energy to Charizard. Onix is there so that when i use typhlosion's poke-power that I don't lose HP.

What do you think?

Onix's Poke-Body only works on itself. Now on to the help. A deck involving stage two's needs to have 4 Rare Candy in it, hands down. I'd probably take out 2 Bebe's and add two Pokemon Communication. It's essentially the same effect, but PC is a trainer, so you can use a different supporter along with it during a turn. It looks pretty solid so far. (I used to run a deck like this, Fire is pretty darn awesome) Anyone else?

This is a really good deck for a beginner... much better than my first deck...

I'd try to max out the Rare Candies.

I don't think you need Interviewer's Questions with so many energies in here. Take them out for another Professor Oak's New Theory and another Expert Belt AND another Broken-Time Space.

Thanks for the suggestions! Also, since I am only running an all fire deck, would any of you recommend putting in an Exploud (SV) line into my deck to protect me from my water weakness?

instead of zard g how about zard arceus?

Pokemon: 21 total

2 Vulpix (HGSS)

2 Ninetales (HGSS)

3 Cyndaquil (HGSS)

2 Quilava (HGSS)

4-2-4 Charizard AR

you can do 80 for 1 and 130 for 3 with a discard of one. Sounds better to me.

1 Uxie

Trainers/ Supporters: 24 total

4 Rare Candy

2 Expert Belt

4 Pokemon Collector

4 Bebe's Search

1 Interviewer's Questions

3 SSU

3 Professor Oak's New Theory

3 Broken-Time Space

1 Fisherman

Fisherman is more like it if you use zard ar. you get 4 energy instead of 2.

Energy: 16 total
4 Call
12 Fire
This is looking good to me.

no to the exploud.

Charizard (Arceus) is a great choice I agree. If you don't like Charizard G how about replacing that line with a Blaziken FB and Blaziken FB Lv X ? Blaziken makes for a great combo with Heatran. Any thoughts?

Charizard (Arceus) is a great choice I agree. If you don't like Charizard G how about replacing that line with a Blaziken FB and Blaziken FB Lv X ? Blaziken makes for a great combo with Heatran. Any thoughts?

Blaziken FB + X is a lot better than Zard G + X. I suggest a 3-1 line for Blaziken,

With all the ways SP has to recycle their Pokémon, running more than 1 SP Lv.X is usually overkill. Speaking of which, if you're going to make Blaziken SP Lv.X your main attacker, you might want to consider using Cyrus' Conspiracy and Pokéturn. Also, since you're not discarding energy left and right, you might want to trade out the Heatran line for a tech Houndoom Prime. Yes its power is flippy and you won't have the energy to attack with it, but it activates Blaziken FB Lv.X's body without being a Stage 2.

Well after taking all your advice and also considering the cards which I am realistically able to get my hands on, i made some changes to my decklist:

Pokemon: 20 total
2 Vulpix (HGSS)
1 Ninetales (HGSS)
3 Cyndaquil (HGSS)
2 Quilava (HGSS)
3 Blaziken FB (SV)
1 Blaziken FB Lv X (SV)
1 Houndour (UD)
1 Houndoom Prime (UD)
1 Azelf (LA)
2 Chatot G (SV)