Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New trainer Challenge scoring system

ticka222

Hey Trainers,

Here is a little more details about the new scoring system in the Trainer Challenge.

Earning Stars
These points are displayed and totaled at the end of the game. These total points are added to the player’s cumulative point total for that individual Trainer Opponent. Players earn stars based on these cumulative points.

Prizes
1st Star per Trainer Opponent= 1 trainer token
2nd Star per Trainer Opponent = 3 trainer tokens
3rd Star per Trainer Opponent = 10 trainer tokens
4th Star per Trainer Opponent = 1 random Booster Pack, non-tradable, selected current modified sets

League Bonus
When a player has earned 4 star in all 12 of the Trainer Opponents in a league (Gold, Platinum or City Champs) they are rewarded with an additional 3 random non-tradable booster packs selected current modified sets.

This is a great way to get some extra boosters packs while unlocking the new basic decks and or any Theme decks you have. Try it out and let us know what you think in this thread

Prof_Warrax
Master of Chaos

source:
http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/sh...-Challenge-scoring-system&p=778329#post778329

This is really nice. I've gotten two packs from this so far. I got another catcher and a full art Cheren. And I'm only beginning this.

BTW: If you want to get points faster, play opponents on expert difficulty. That's about 5000 points per game.

This is pretty awesome, but also really difficult to get all of. I spent about 2 hours and got about 4 or 5 packs. And, I admit, Trainer Challenge is pretty mindnumbing.

Yeah... I'm sitting here going through the Trainer Challenge on Expert trying to finish off all of the decks I've unlocked. Mindnumbing doesn't begin to explain this. Also, Heap Sections. Those bloody Heap Sections. Can SOMEBODY please figure out how to clean up memory leaks in this program? Please?

It also shows me just how awful the PCDs are. The BW Basic Red/Blue/Green decks have an advantage over most of the decks there, depending on Weakness. The PCDs? Zero shot after the first 3 Trainers. It's impossible to beat all 36 with a PCD. I haven't tried the HS RBG decks. That would be depressing.

Yeah this gets mind numbing after a while, but fortunately most of the opponents are total idiots. I've seen them play Hugh to net me cards and force them to discard. I've also won games because the opponent switched out their attacker before finishing me.

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten a whole lot of good stuff. A lot of the packs I've opneed had no trainers and all weak pokemon. The exception is the full art Cheren and a full art Raikou, but outside of that, I have NO EXes and NO Ace specs. Only 8 more to go hope I get something good.

6 matches to go here.so far pulled bianca FA,victini ex,lugia ex.won when i was 5 matches behind in a lot of matches too

I finally finished it and got all 45 packs (1 from each opponent I got 30000 points on and 3 for each league). One of my last packs contained a secret rare Charizard. WHY DID I HAVE TO GET AN UNTRADABLE VERSION? I could have traded this for a Darkrai or something, but now it's only going to sit in my collection looking pretty.

I hate my life. After 20 packs from this, I've pulled literally nothing good whatsoever. At all.

So how exactly do you change the difficulty?
I was trying to see if it worked on versus mode (against the PC) on expert, but no points.

BTW I also played a couple of games against real people.
Not sure if it was just luck, but both of them were playing starter decks.
One was the new Red deck, the other the Orange deck.
Which I proceed to trounce with my Team Plasma poison/spread deck.

On the first screen, where you select the League you're competing in, on the right hand side, there's 4 selectors for you to choose from.

This is pretty awesome, but also really difficult to get all of. I spent about 2 hours and got about 4 or 5 packs. And, I admit, Trainer Challenge is pretty mindnumbing.
If you thought it was mind-numbing before, you should see it since the last update. You now earn less than half the points you used to earn for each game, making it take forever to get 4 stars from each trainer opponent.

Yeah, I was playing on Expert today and kept getting "Fantastic" but only 1000 points?
When in the past it gave me at least 2000 for that.

Think I got 3000 for "Godly" (was 5000).

Noticed way at the bottom of the score add-up that it was only giving .5 times the score for the dificulty level.
When it was 5 times in the past...

Yeah the scoring system for the Trainer Challenge is messed up, it's why I haven't grinded out the last few boosters I'm missing.

Just wondering if there is anyway to change the decks you can use in the Trainer Challenge?

I've forever been using Basic Blue and when I try to change the other Pre-constructed Decks are the only ones to show up.

I have a deck of my own and it's not great since I'm new, but it's sure better than the Pre-constructed ones.

Cheers

Back