Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New Yu-Gi-Oh... o_O

The Anaconda

Okay, I first found out about this a few days ago. Theres this new Yu-Gi-Oh series airing in Ireland right now, episode 4 just aired today.... With all the main characters from the original series (this is NOT GX:confused: )

It's called Yu-Gi-Oh Capsule Monsters. I havent had time to sit down and watch the episodes I have so far, but from what I can figure out the gang is lost on some island, with only the peice of a map to solve it (they're looking for more of the peices of the map)

I'll get some more screenshots later after I watch what I have, but here's a couple for now

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/6333/title018ww.jpg
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/2978/title020pm.jpg

o_O?!

It is English dubbed with the main cast from the show, and has the 4Kids logo at the end of the credits, so we'll probably get it over here sometime...

But otherwise I have found NO information on this... it's not currently or previously aired in Japan!

Last edited:
PokeWisconsin said:
What's in the capsules? Monsters? Sounds like a Pokeball to me...
lol yah there monsters... Yugi's got a Celtic Guardian, Joey's got a Baby Dragon, Tristin's got a Thunder Kid, dont know what Tea or Grandpa have, though since thye also have capsule launchers (the thing on the arm) they probably got somethig as well.

EDIT: apparently they can temporarily call on other monster capsules they have laying around, the previous ep recap on ep 3 showed Yugi calling a Hinotama's Soul from a capsule he found in a forest that was attacking him

EDIT2: Grandpa's got Summoned Skull, and i dont remember the name of the thing Tea has anymore (orange ball with a heart on it and pink wings)

Last edited:
The Anaconda said:
and i dont remember the name of the thing Tea has anymore (orange ball with a heart on it and pink wings)

Happy Lover.
I don't know why I remember that...

Anyways, Capsule Monster Chess was a yugioh video game (GBA or PS2, I believe, but I dont really remember) a while ago, though it didn't gain as much popularity as the other Yugioh-based board game, Dungeon Dice Monsters. In addition, Capsule Monsters originally appeared in the Yugioh manga (season one, the season America didn't get as an anime), where Mokuba was the best player around and was beaten by Yugi. Naturally, he got his brother to get revenge on Yugi, and that's actually what led to the chain of events that led to Yugi and Kaiba's duel for grandpa's blue eyes white dragon, if I recall correctly.
My guess is that this TV show is based off of one or both of the previous appearances of capsule monsters.

Metagross_Ex said:
Sounds vaguely like the capsule monster game from the manga, though in the manga Yugi plays against Mokuba.

thats what I was thinking as well

*continues watching ep 3*
Bingo

Yami Yugi said:
Strange as this sounds, I have a theory that we've become part of some sort of real-life version of the Capsule Monsters Board Game...

EDIT: @burninating_torchic, that wasnt a "season one", it was a seperate series entirely that was done by a different animation company. a new company started over at the beginning of the Duelist arc of the manga, and thats what we got here.

Last edited:
so, i just finished watching the 4th episode, and...what the jesus. wow. okay...wow.
my assumption (along with a lot of other fans) is that this happens immidiately before the "dawn of the duel/memory arc." its pretty cool though. unfortunately, episodes 1 and 2 are yet to be found anywhere, so, guess we'll have to wait for them to re-air.

hmm, they are getting really pathetically down to the wore people

yu gi oh ended in Japan I believe even GX, USA making money trying to pull it all the way out for longest time possible

I downloaded it out of curiousity after hunting it down when I saw this topic and all I have to say is...

Whenever we kick some can, we do a victory dance!
Can can kick a little can can
Tell me who's the man man
you shoulda seen the way they ran ran when we kicked their can cans.

XD

[EDIT]Anyone who can make out all the lyrics it would be greatly appreciated... x3[/EDIT]

Last edited:
Joey and Tristan: We just kicked a little can can kicked a little-
Tea: So what exactly was that?
Joey: Whenever we kick some can
Tristan: We do a victory dance!
Joey and Tristan: Can can kick a little can can tell me whose the man man we got lots of friends because we like those can can kick a little can can tell me whose the man man- *Yugi and Yami start talking*
Joey and Tristan: You should’ve seen the way they ran ran where we kick their can can-
*Yugi and Yami start talking again!*

have fun singing this =P

Benlugia said:
Joey and Tristan: We just kicked a little can can kicked a little-
Tea: So what exactly was that?
Joey: Whenever we kick some can
Tristan: We do a victory dance!
Joey and Tristan: Can can kick a little can can tell me whose the man man we got lots of friends because we like those can can kick a little can can tell me whose the man man- *Yugi and Yami start talking*
Joey and Tristan: You should’ve seen the way they ran ran where we kick their can can-
*Yugi and Yami start talking again!*

have fun singing this =P
lol What I wanted to know was what they were saying while Yugi and Yami drowned them out. ;/ Since I couldn't make it out, but there was atleast one other line to it.

Yep, that sounds like Joey and Tristan all right. I wonder when we'll get that particular episode over here?

Ehh

Wow...yet another version of the Duel Monsters game. You know, I've come to wonder how can these guys afford all these super techno arm gadgets. They're like cell phones. In one week thier obsolete.

Back