Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

News from French nats?

Adrien promised me he will post results later this week.
Don't expect to much today, they will be still playing at this time if their attendance is like last year.

Quote from a French message board
But I don't read/speak French and babelfish leaves me with some stupid translation which makes no sense.
I cannot find out if these are results or expectations.

Looks like the Junior champion is known and the names of the SR and MA is about they are playing top cuts.

41 joueurs MASTERS, 12 joueurs JUNIORS et 25 joueurs SENIORS, tel était la répartition des joueurs dans chaque catégorie d'âge présente à ce glorieux événement.

Mais je suppose que ce qui vous intéresse le plus, sont bien évidemment les premiers résultats recensés, n'est-ce pas? J'y passe, j'y passe, et attention aux yeux ainsi qu'aux prévisions et estimations :

- D'abord, Nicolas M. est arrivé premier dans sa catégorie, la catégorie JUNIORS
- Nikola V., présent tout récemment dans notre équipe, nous impressionne encore plus! En effet, celui-ci serait (est, allons-y franchement) classé dans le top4 !
- Fabien GARNIER, THE eternal Faboune, est quant à lui classé dans le top8 !

Last edited:
Lia, don't forget to delete the last names of Minors :eek:!

Heres a translation....
This is not word for word, just the impotent stuff :p)

41 in Masters, 12 in Juniors, 25 Seniors (but you all knew that already didn't you).

Nicolas M. won Juniors
Nikola V. (a member of the french team) is still playing in top 4
Fabien GARNIER is in top 8 (and still playing)

of corse, they're prolly about done by now....but this is at the time of the message. (ALLER FABIEN! MON AMI DE LA FRANCE!)

that Adrien Delanbre is in Top2 ranking so umm i think hes just sittin on rankings right?

Ce ne sont que les premiers chiffres, certes, mais déjà, on a du lourd !(eeehhh oui, vous n'avez jamais essayé de porter Fabien, vous ˆˆ )

En attendant plus d'informations dans cette même news ainsi qu'un affinage au niveau des données de la part de notre fantastique reporter, bonne soirée, et ne ratez surtout pas les résultats qui vous seront donnés dans une future édition de cette nouvelle;

Looks like you are correct sdrawcab.
Anyway I deleted last names, even if they show up in the locator with FULL names.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

that Adrien Delanbre is in Top2 ranking so umm i think hes just sittin on rankings right?

No he is not, he told me he would play Nationals.
Sorry but untill now only a Finland SR and MA did sit on their rankings.

Last edited:
Official results

Juniors
1. Olivier M
2. Clement A

Seniors
1. Michael C
2. Mickael A

Masters
1. Sebastien Minard
2. Fabien Garnier
3. Mathieu Sirel
4. William Gilbert

In Masters, Aurelien Delambre has lost in top 8.

More info later ...

Adrien Delambre has dropped after some rounds indeed, but for personal reasons.
Unlike other places, everybody has played for the championship, without thinking of the ranking.

France doesn't need top ranked players to judge the National. The players prefer to play, even if they take the risk to lose points in the ranking !

Last edited:
Adrien dropped

Team gouda power !!!

1st place master : team gouda
3rd place master : team gouda
5th place master : team gouda !!!

2nd place in master : team 4fw !
4th place in master : team 4fw !
(also 9th...)

That was great ! :p Thanks to you, sdrawkcab :p

1st Place in Senior : Team PACA (Deck : Flygon)
2nd Place in Senior : Team PACA

2nd Place in Junior : Team PACA (Deck : Tyranitar Ex)

That's a good thing .:clap:

For the decks, top8 in masters was (in the final order not after the rounds) :

MINARD, Sébastien (Shiftry ex)
GARNIER, Fabien (Metanite)
SIREL, Matthieu (Shiftry ex)
GILBERT, William (myself with hariyama ex/vaporeon ex)
HARLE, Nicolas (Shiftry ex)
DUFLOT, Vanessa (R-Gon)
DELAMBRE, Aurélien (R-Gon)
GOURVENNEC-VERWAERDE, Quentin (R-Gon)

If I remember well,
Fabien beated Quentin
Sebastien beated Nicolas
Matthieu beated Aurelien
I beated Vanessa.

Then,
I lost to Fabien (on time lol)
and Sebastien beated Matthieu.
And I guess you all know the rest after that XD

As for Adrien he droped after doing 4-0 with R-Gon and he's now first european. I hope he'll get to worlds this year again :D
But the real winner of nats is Frederic (lev113) who ends 9th two years in a row with a top8 cut loosing cause of resistance :D. (A Big hurray for him!)

GJ Fabien! T8 last year, T2 this year, obviously next year you're gonna win =)

and congrats to all winners of course. How did Thomas A do in Juniors? He's gonna get a ranking invite anyways. If I'm right, the Top TWELVE in Juniors get invites through rankings, cos there's 5 National Champions and 1 World Champion among them :p

Hopefully Adriens rating should be enough to carry him. Bold play from a smart player - team Metanite ftw lol.

Congrats to all the winners, and special congrats to Kiwill and bad luck to Fred. You're more than welcome back to the UK whenever you like lol.

Kiwill, you finally talked about your deck xD

Thanks Anna (also, last year I was 3rd french because national wasopen... 3rd... 2nd... what about next year ? lol)

GJ Fabien! T8 last year, T2 this year, obviously next year you're gonna win =)

and congrats to all winners of course. How did Thomas A do in Juniors? He's gonna get a ranking invite anyways. If I'm right, the Top TWELVE in Juniors get invites through rankings, cos there's 5 National Champions and 1 World Champion among them :p

Thomas finished 5th and normaly still qualifier for the worlds ... wait and see

Back