Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

next super smash melee has new developer

dave628

Namco Bandai will be the new developer for the next super smash melee with series creator Masahiro Sakurai staying on for the project.

wow...i am stunned and little leery.:frown:

IGN; it was also announce during today's Nintendo Direct Broadcast.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/22/namco-bandai-developing-next-smash-bros

slightly off-topic:
(courtesy of EGM)

"Nintendo is taking to the web again to hype their Wii U and Nintendo 3DS libraries, hosting three “Nintendo Direct” presentations headlined by three Nintendo presidents.

More specifically, the Nintendo of America presentation will be hosted by Reggie Fils-Aime who will also be talking about Nintendo DS titles. That likely includes Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2, and a North American release date would be just great to hear.

Here’s the start times and locations for each presentation, based on region:

Nintendo of America — June 21 at 9 p.m. PT / June 22 at 12 a.m. ET
Nintendo Europe — June 22 at 5 a.m. BST
Nintendo Japan — June 22 at 12 p.m. (Japanese Standard Time)"
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/06-21-2012

new installment will be available for wii u and 3ds. (via Nintendo direct broadcast for america 6/21 9 pm pacific time)

It's not really a "new developer", so to speak.

The Smash games have never had a central team that was consistant from game to game, I don't believe. The only consistency was that Sakurai headed the development teams, which he will be doing here again. So I'm not worried. I'm excited, in fact.

HAL laboratories was pretty well integrated into all three of the SSB game from what I can tell, so I wouldn't say they've never had a "central team..."

But I'm pretty stoked with Namco taking the reins. I'd like to see a Tales character in there. Possibly Lloyd Irving or Yuri Lowell. That would be really cool.

I have some bad news :(

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/39783/smash-bros-wii-u-may-not-feature-more-characters/

Smash Bros Wii U may not feature more characters
"In terms of quantity, we've probably already reached a limit."
Posted by Thomas East on 2nd Jul 2012 at 10:06

Don't expect Super Smash Bros Wii U to feature more characters on the roster than were in Smash Bros Brawl. For series creator Masahiro Sakurai has said that, in terms of the quantity of content, his team has already reached the limit.

Rather than throwing more characters at Smash Bros Wii U, Sakurai is thinking about a change of direction for the fourth game in the series.

Speaking with Nintendo Power, Sakurai explained why Smash Bros Wii U might not feature a greater number of characters.

"It isn't a matter of 'if the next game has 50 characters, that'll be enough.' There is a certain charm to games that have huge casts of playable characters, but they tend to have issues with game balance and it becomes very difficult to fine-tune each character and have them all feel distinctive.

"In terms of quantity, we've probably already reached the limit of what's feasible. I think a change of direction may be what's needed."

I have some suprising news to show you guys! :)

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=180479

Sakurai tweets out pic of Smash Bros. dev team's artwork

The Smash Bros. dev team has put together this image on a whiteboard while working on Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. Don't take it as a hint at who's in the game, but I'm sure it indicates something.

No new characters would be a no buy to me. The gameplay might be new but the story would seem old. It seems like SSBB Ultimate Edition haha.

Probably best not to add too many new characters. Brawl had about a perfect selection. I just want improved game play and graphics.

They haven't said there won't be NEW characters, only that the number of characters will probably be the same. (therefore swaps might and hopefully will occur).

I definitely see where they are coming from with balance issues. Any game where there is more than one character is impossible to balance.

StarCraft: Brood War is probably the most balanced game of all time, and it only has 3 different factions. Imagine 35?

I just hope they leave in the ones I like to play. :tongue:

I'd like to see these characters added in the next game and to be playable! Goku (debuted in the NES game Dragon Fighter and he doesn't go Super Sayian), Banjo Kazooie, Dixie Kong, K. Rool, Veran, Onox (Main villian of Oracle of Seasons), Mega Man (first appeaered on the NES), Clefairy, Yoshi and Baby (Special Yoshi that carried either a Baby or younger version of any other character on his back and Yoshi can do one or two of the character's moves), Medicham, Simon (Castlevania), Lolo and Lala (Adventures of Lolo on the NES), Tails, Frog Suit Luigi, Tatookie Suit Mario, Hammerhead Suit Mario and Luigi, and Deoxys who can change into all of its formes at any time with a button and direction press and each has its own special moves!

Banjo isn't partnered with Nintendo anymore unfortunately, I hacked him in SSBB lol.

Anyway's who I would like to see:

Phoenix Wright- Ace Attorney Series (NDS/GBA/3DS/Wii)
Amaterasu-Okami series (Wii/ Okamiden on DS)
Professor Layton- Professor Layton Series (DS/3DS)
Pokemon Gold/Silver Trainer-Pokemon GS Series (GBC/DS)
Paper Mario- Paper Mario Series(N64/GCN/Wii/3DS)
Chrono-Chrono Trigger- (SNES/DS)
Baby Mario/Baby Luigi- Mario Series (GBA/N64/DS/Wii/GCN)
King K. Rool- Donkey Kong

Those would be some of mine

I guess you would take out:
Snake- Phoenix Wright
Wolf/Falco- Amaterasu
Pokemon Trainer- Pokemon GS Trainer
Toon Link- Paper Mario

Then add the others as four new chars

Banjo isn't partnered with Nintendo anymore unfortunately, I hacked him in SSBB lol.

Anyway's who I would like to see:

Phoenix Wright- Ace Attorney Series (NDS/GBA/3DS/Wii)
Amaterasu-Okami series (Wii/ Okamiden on DS)
Professor Layton- Professor Layton Series (DS/3DS)
Pokemon Gold/Silver Trainer-Pokemon GS Series (GBC/DS)
Paper Mario- Paper Mario Series(N64/GCN/Wii/3DS)
Chrono-Chrono Trigger- (SNES/DS)
Baby Mario/Baby Luigi- Mario Series (GBA/N64/DS/Wii/GCN)
King K. Rool- Donkey Kong

Those would be some of mine

Professor Layton would be interesting. I can't quite envision it. :biggrin:

Much rather have a bunch of characters and only 1/4 of them be feasible than miss out on my fan favorites for a balanced, playable game.

I would like to see some new characters brought in from different consoles or games like they did with Snake. Goku would be a sight to see in this game, but highly unlikely.

I would like to see some of these characters make their way

Dante (Devil May Cry series)
Vergil (Devil May Cry)
Nero (Devil May Cry)
Goku (DBZ)
Vegeta (DBZ)
Gohan (DBZ)
Pokemon trainer getting changed to a newer gen.
More Donkey Kong characters
Maybe some League of Legends characters?
More Sonic Characters

Most of this is a stretch, but they could implement some new styles of characters with the DBZ guys. I think the pokemon trainer is the most likely of the bunch.

Honestly, I really liked the character set up in Brawl and would not like to see many if any of them go.

it would be cool if Mega Man and/or Zero were in the new game. And Funky Kong :)

they can drop snake, falco, and toon link for all I care.

DBZ is an interesting idea, though highly doubtful.

I actually really enjoy Snake and Falco. Two of my best/favorite characters. I guess they are a little overpowered at times but then they should take MK out of the game too.

Falco more so than Snake, he just feels like part of the franchise now.

Back