Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

nikePK's MS Valley Regional Report

nikePK

Okay... so I basically steal Patriarch's speed DragTrode list from him and borrow a bunch of cards from Mega Murkrow (thank you!) and get a few from Colin and YJ gives me an all-important R's Sneasel ex, so thanks a lot guys. I get 2 and a half hours of sleep prior to leaving at 4:30 in the morning to pick up a friend and drive 3 hours to Memphis. That's fun, lemme tell you.

Anywho, let's get this thing going.

R1: Ryan (I believe that's his name) "Biggins" w/ Lanturn/Gorebyss/Cargo/Hypno

This sucked. I went first and attached to R's Sneasel. do 20. He has a lone Chinchou. Goes and does 10 or whatever. Next turn I Rocket Energy for the t2 kill. We had a fun game afterwards and he beats me after a pretty good game.

1-0

R2: Dunno who w/ ... wailord and stuff.

So... I start with Dratini and Dragonair in hand so I can get the line out but he goes first. Attaches to an active wailmer. I try to put it to sleep, but he wakes up. Does 20. I evolve to Dk Dragonair, power, end. He attaches again, evolves to Wailord and I get t3 killed lol.

1-1

R3: ST Pika w/ Rocklock

And so another quick game takes place. I think it was w/ Sneasel again, but I don't even remember. I turn 2 or 3 kill him and the game ends.

2-1

R4: Roy R. Sr w/ Vileplume ex

Finally a decent game! I mulligan like 4 times and he still shakes his head after every mulligan draw. I get a pretty good start having 2 Electrodes benched on t2 or 3 and Dragonair active I think. He stalls for a bit, getting out Vplume and then locks a Battlefrontier into place. Uggg. He hits on confusion on my dragonite after attaching a Shard, but I have another draggy ready and Sneasel on the bench and all. I get some dmg going on his Plume and eventually take it down. He gets another out I think but its a little to late for him to do much, so I take all 6 prizes.

3-1

R5: John W. (YoungJohn) w/ Metagross

I always dislike playing against friends when a loss can really hurt the other person. I really fear the deck cuz I figure if the metals get on board, I'm totally screwed. I get a slow start, and he gets a good start but not much after that. He keeps having to send up Jirachi instead of going on the offensive cuz he doesn't have that great of a hand. Slowly but surely I start getting setup and Sneasel just comes out swinging HUGE. I take out a Deoxys ex in a hit since it has 2 dmg on it and the comeback starts. He doesn't have the metals in the discard for Metagross's Power which hurts him pretty badly. I just start loading up and its too much for him to overcome. He gets a Metagross ex that poses a threat, but I'm down to my last prize and I get a Warp Point. Warp Point to wahtever and I take it out with Sneasel. GG John, I'm glad it wasn't a t2-3 affair lol.

4-1

R6: Kyle B. w/ Jumpluff/Zappy

Well, this was a pretty intense game. I start with Sneasel, but no dark. I go after his Pidgey early on, dragging it into the active and then Rocket Energy for a t2 kill on it. He play another one and i'm like "dang it" So I do basically teh same thing, just w/o the R energy. He has a couple Hoppips down w/o much energy. So once I take out THAT pidgey, the very next turn he Pokemon Retrievers and gets the dead Pidgey and throws it on his bench and I go "It just doesn't die does it?!" Anyway, the game looks pretty heavy in my favor. Early on he had MT Moon which stopped my Dk Trodes powers from going off (I had 2 out t3 or so). Once I counter it, I start piling energy up, knowing that Jumpluff does more dmg... I didn't realize how much that damage adds up though. He hits a couple heads on his Jumpluff and ko's a couple of my guys. It comes down to 1-1 on prizes or so, and I was just WAITING for the zapdos to come into play. He finally plays it and my Sneasel/Ruins I think kills it off. Very good game, and Kyle you're a cool person. Very happy to meet ya.

5-1

R7: Jon R. (Croc) w/ Lanturn/Dk Hypno/Cargo

We know we have t16, so we just joke around as we play. He starts up a bit better than I do, but I play pretty well and get back into mid game. I turn the game around and eventually win in a pretty close one. I don't remember much of it, but it was fun.

6-1 and i'm going on to t16

So t16 is about to start and It looks like I'm going to have to face Anthony E. who's using some Electrode ex CRAZY stuff and it scares the heck out of me. However, Nancy (?) I believe, gets dq'd for having an extra card in her deck during the deck check so everyhting has to be repaired and I have to face Biggins, the same guy I played from R1.

Top 16

Game 1: Remember how I t2'd him a bunch of paragraphs ago? Well I start w/ Rocket's Scyther ex as my only active w/ CRAP in my hand. He drops a t2 cargo and ends the game.

Game 2: I got kinda mad, so this wasn't the happiest of games I played and I'm sorry for that, but I get a better setup than he does and eventually take him out after a very tough game. whew.

Game 3: One HELL of a battle. Wow. We both setup and I know he Smooths Over for a Scramble or has the scramble in hand so I retreat my active as his Lanturn will kill my ... Sneasel I'm thinking. So I make it hard on him, but he pulls a nice move out. I have a damaged Sneasel and a Full health one. He POWS me, Drops the scramble, brings up my UNDAMAGED sneasel and takes it in one shot. That was a big "uh oh" for me, but I keep the game close and its down to the wire, he's up on prizes 2-1 and I drop a Sneasel to the board cuz I know he can't POW this one. I tie the game up 1-1. He sits and thinks for about 5 minutes literally seeing if he can win somehow. He drops a Gorebyss down and after thinking for a while I say "u gonna try and paralyze me?" and he says "Tails and its game." I tell him that if its heads its game too, as I have the Warp Point in hand. I show him it and after thinking for a while, he scoops as my R's Sneasel ex on the bench can take him out in one shot. Dang man, one of the most nerve-racking battles ever. Hope to see you again man, you're an awesome person and you had an awesome deck.

Top 8

I wait for the pairings and get matched up with Ben D. who is playing Muk ex/Jirachi DX

Game 1: I STEAMROLL him big time. He doesn't get jack as my deck sets up major quickly and I take him.

Game2: Wow. Stupidest move ever in this game... I believe. lol. That happens later however. Early game he t2's a Muk ex and I'm pressed against the wall. My Ruins hurts him pretty bad midgame when he can't counter it. I finally get a couple thigns going. Sneasel saves me pretty big. I assume the game is mine when I warp Point back to my Sneasel and KO a Jirachi, but I look and I have 2 prizes. soooo its 1-1 and his other Jirachi has 2 energy. He swoops, Evolves to Muk ex. Reversals... HITS and brings up my Dk Trode that has 10 on it. He doesn't have the gym and can only do 50, bringin me to 60. I have Sneasel that can OHKO the Muk, but its my turn and I attach a Rainbow to retreat my Trode to win the game.

Oops, that's a rainbow and I KILL MY OWN GUY AND GIVE HIM THE GAME. My jaw just drops.... I'm so retarded. I know if I lose the next game I'll cry myself to sleep for weeks on end...

Game 3: Ugg... he starts tearing things up again! He gets a t2 Muk ex followed up by ANOTHER one on like t4-5 after hitting on 2 ER2's and taking away all my energy, later in the game he hits a 3rd one and is crippling the crap out of me. I finally TD a Copycat after he's up like 4 prizes on me and I Cat for 9 and try to get bakc into the game. I somehow get 30 dmg on each of his Muk's and my R's Sneael ex comes up and pounds on him hardcore. I take 4 prizes in 2 turns and tie the game up. The judges start to crowd the table and I figure time is going to be up soon, so he has a Grimer and a Jirachi out to My R's Sneasel ex that's pumped. He ends his turn with us tied and the judge calls "Next prize wins" so I attack and take the game. Amazing Games, Ben, you're awesome and I'm sure you'll win a trip soon enough.

SOOOOOO I have a trip because Chris and Adam (who are in the t4 with Kyle and I) already have Trips. Awesome!

I have to play Adam in t4 and he uses Rocklock.

Game 1: He turn ONE's a Dark Tyranitar. So yeah... there's no way I can comeback, he pwnz me.

Game 2: I start off pretty strong. Dk Draggy isn't the ideal attacker against Rocklock, but I pressed hard with it, taking 3 prizes relatively quickly. I kill somehting with Electrode, so my Draggy doesn't die, but I leave 3 energy on the dragonite benched for some stupid reason and he POW's, Shards, and Scramble's for the KO. I eventually KO a few things, but I'm low on resources as his cargos get his evos out. My Sneasel can take care of business I think if I can grab a couple R energy or a Dragonite. I Rocket Ball just to make sure I didn't pass over my 3rd Dnite before, and sure enough I didn't, its prized. I Copycat for something like 7 and don't get R energy. Without the 3rd Draggy I'm in trouble and he ends up being able to TM Rock for 2 prizes at the end and winning. GG.

So Kyle and I have to play again, this time for for 3rd, as he loses to Chris's RockLock.

This was pretty weak, but funny since we both had Trips. I would have HATED to have it this way if a Trip was on the line.

Game 1: I go first and have R's Sneasel ex. Attach dark, do 20 to his lone zappy ex, then another 10 cuz I drop a Ruins on him. He attaches, passes. I drop R Energy and win.

Game 2: This is even worse lol. He starts with Pidgey lone and I start with Voltorb. he goes first, I look at my hand and it looks like he's about to pass and I go "PLEASE lay something on the bench! PLEASE!!" He kinda laughs and is like "you can't have it..." and i flip over some of my cards showing off a Rare Candy, Dk Trode, and a Rainbow. We laugh, shake hands and he just Corners me and I ko for the win.

All in all, one HECK of a day. I had a blast.

Props -

To everyone I played. Everyone was awesome to play against, I loved every second of every game.
To Matt, YJ, and Colin for lending me cards.
To Patriarch for giving me his Draggy list for me to use.
To everyone running the event, it was on time and everything was perfect. not a single complaint from me once again.
To the Mall across the street. IT HAD A DRESS CODE. HILARIOUS.

No slops, but Croc, YJ, Colin, Ben,and Drew, you guys need to get a trip now!!!!

Thanks for reading guys and gals.

Last edited:
my name is BigginZZZ everyone forgets the 3 z's but that dont matter it was fun playing u in the top 16 u did good and i hope to see u agian soon next time i will smoke u like a philly

Way to go man. Really nice to see that your deck did very well. Your not the only one who found the dress code at the Mall hilarious..."No see through clothes" lol.

It was nice to meet yah... too bad that game was <words deleted> (Maybe I should do a longer shuffle before each game) Anyways, good job and hope to see yah again soon...

Goooo Pat! Gooooo Pat! Gooooo Pat!

Speed Dragonite, might I state again, is t3h pwn4ge :thumb:

I must say Pat, you did wonderfull!!

And you are the Rainbow God =)

Really though great games, and i wouldn't have wanted anyone else to knock me out of the top 8!

`Ben

nikePK said:
Props -

To everyone I played. Everyone was awesome to play against, I loved every second of every game.
To Matt, YJ, and Colin for lending me cards.
To Patriarch for giving me his Draggy list for me to use.
To everyone running the event, it was on time and everything was perfect. not a single complaint from me once again.
To the Mall across the street. IT HAD A DRESS CODE. HILARIOUS.

No slops, but Croc, YJ, Colin, Ben,and Drew, you guys need to get a trip now!!!!

Thanks for reading guys and gals.

What, no credit to me and Fulop for already having trips...

lol matt, we'll have parfaits next time I promise. I think memphis was too classy a town for the Paradise Parfait =P

Thanks for having trips adam/fulop, very much appreciated lol. Cya guys at Nationals next, then worlds ^_^

Back