Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ninetails/Amoongus - Fun deck to try out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinox6

This is my favorite deck in the format; however, it's not quite good enough for tournament play. But!! it is fun for frustrating your friends, taking the first 2-3 prizes, getting your hopes up, and then loosing. :)

4-3 Ninetails
3-3 Amoongus
2-2 Roserade
2-0-2 Venasaur
1 Mew EX

4 Juniper
4 N
2 Cheren
2 Random Receiver
3 Level Ball
2 Ultra Ball
3 Rare Candy
1 Catcher (You've got Ninetails, don't forget that.)
1 Super Rod
2 Giant Cape (to withstand Darkrai damage)
2 Switch
1 SkyArrow
4 Devolution Spray

4 Blend FGDP
3 Fire

The idea is to use Ninetails, Amoongus, and Devolution Spray to keep a constant 120 (130 with poison) with Ninetails' attack to take quick prizes, and sometimes cheap prizes with Ninetails' power

You can use your pokeballs...to search for pokemon! like Roserade and Venusaur to help you constantly search for more pokemon!!

You can use Roserade to search for tricky things, like Devolution Spray, Switch, Candy, and energy.

Don't forget, if you have SkyArrow in play, and your opponent catchers an Amoongus, you can always devolve it and retreat for free, saving your switch for the times Venasaur gets catchered.

And finally, don't forget that you should always Devolution spray your Amoongus the turn you evolve it, so you can Sporeprise! the next turn. Usually, you'll have to use your Devolution spray resources on ONLY Amoongus....you might get 1 other spray target per game, maaaybe 2 if you can manage to end the game with a surprise Mew EX KO on a Mewtwo or another Mew.

Hope you all enjoy testing out this deck, and let me know if you can fit another Catcher or 2 in here!

-Guy

Venasaur Rare Candy, and Roserade seem a little unnecessary. Sableye and more consistency cards would probably fit better. Sableye would let you get those Devo sprays and whatnot back for late game sporeprises. I also like Revive in here, as I always seem to end up with extra Amoonguses and no Foongus.
Super Scoop Up is good for a bit of healing, but is flippy. Tool Scrapper is almost necessary in case of Garbodor. Giant Cape is fine, but it doesn't help against Darkrai as much as you might think. The first Night Spear wont OHKO, but every Night Spear after will, due to the Bench Damage it does. Giant Cape/Eviolite is good for a more Mew focused build, so you can take on Mewtwo's without folding right away.
Enjoy my thinking points.
Oh, also Emolga.

Drop Venusaur and Roserade and Rare candy. Add Super Scoop up and scrapers Garbedor will destoy you.

A lot of you are suggesting dropping the pokemon that let me search for things, but not suggesting what I do to fill that search gap. This deck needs to search for 1-2 pokemon every turn to be successful. I could fill those spots with more Level, Ultra, and Comm, SSU and Scrappers, although I don't think that would as consistent. However, I think you both bring up good points about SSU and tool scrapper.

Question, have either of you tried playing the deck? I just can't quite tell from your posts if you have experience with the deck or not, and that's not a knock on either of you. :)

I'd put the Level Ball up to 4 if you need more things to search with, as it gets everything in the deck.
Definitely don't need the Venasaur line, Roserade is decent though. I would recommend using more catchers despite the Ninetales, as you can only use it's ability when you put it down and you don't want to be wasting Devolution spray on it. Super Scoop up also works as you will run out of Devo spray.

I like 9am as a deck though

I've been playing varients of this. I've also found that it fizzles a bit toward the lategame. I'm really starting to feel like it needs a back-up hitter for when you whiff amoongus/ninetales, cause turns where you can only do 20 are bad.

Venasaur I'd pass on, but roserade is a great choice! 90 hp for level ball, (u may want to try devolution spray for it. RLY works.) and i have to say Devolution spray is a GREAT card in this deck. Unfortunately, I have to say Venasaur takes way too much space, and Roserade is good alone.

And to all the people saying garbouder will kill this deck, u may be right since you cant use ninetails to catcher one out. It's an ability after all. In other words, try adding more catcher. I really dont like scrapper because the opponent will just wind up playing another tool next turn! so why bother when u can just KO it instead...? xD

Venasaur I'd pass on, but roserade is a great choice! 90 hp for level ball, (u may want to try devolution spray for it. RLY works.) and i have to say Devolution spray is a GREAT card in this deck. Unfortunately, I have to say Venasaur takes way too much space, and Roserade is good alone.

And to all the people saying garbouder will kill this deck, u may be right since you cant use ninetails to catcher one out. It's an ability after all. In other words, try adding more catcher. I really dont like scrapper because the opponent will just wind up playing another tool next turn! so why bother when u can just KO it instead...? xD

How do you plan on KOing "Garbouder" after you catcher it? This deck only can do 20 damage a turn if it doesn't hit Sporeprise. Tool Scrapper is the only viable Garbodor counter, so you can actually do damge to it.

Ack! thought he had some kind of attacking cards of other nature.... aw well. guess ur right. but still, scrapper will work once, then the opponent will just have another garbouder ready with another tool. So I'm not really sure what to do.... In this situation id try to add reshiram ex to deal 150 per turn. but this deck doesn't play enough energy for that! xD sooo...... scrapper is a short term solution i guess.

So a back-up hitter for a Ninetales/ Amoongus deck, eh?

Bear in mind that these are untested but here are two options I've been toying with.

1) Add in Virizion NV. Early Double Draws could help with set up and Leaf Wallop is not bad as a backup attack if it lives long enough to attack twice. It also hits Terrakion for weakness.

2) Replace your Venasaur line with a 2-1-2 Chandelure (Fire) line. Call for family Litwick helps with setup, Luring Light Lampent gives you a way to disrupt the bench, Fire Chandelure can do spread damage for the same one energy to soften up the bench until you set-up the Ninetales attack, plus for two energy you get 80 damage and add Burn to the cocktail of status effects. The discarding of energy after Inferno is an issue as is the bulkiness of the line but there are nice synergies there.

The SSU seems like a very solid suggestion after playtesting with it. The deck definitely needs a backup attcker, I'm just not quite sure what that pokemon will be yet, but I'm working on it :)

Howbout V-Create Victini? Basic, Searchable with level ball, 2 energy hits for 100 if you have a full bench, takes fire energy. Hes a little fragile, but seems like one of the better options.
Virizion isnt bad, but hitting for 40 one turn isnt much better that hitting for 20, or burn. Good starter though.
I need to pull out my binder and see if there are any sturdy basics that can inflict special conditions.

At the moment I'm debating between: Mewtwo, Zoroark, Cinccino, Shaymin EX, Deck and Cover Accelgor, Sigilyph, Smogscreen Skunktank actually......, Slashing Strike Accelgor, Bemusing Aroma Lilligant, Venoshock Whirlipede, and I do like the fire Chandy as someone suggested, but I'd have to run Candies again...

Edit: also, I do like that VCreate victini idea.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back