Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ninjask/Milotic EX Swarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stegy

Well, it's been a long, long time, but I think I'm back. I want to get back into the Pokemon scene and see if I see have a few years left in me. I stopped playing right after I won the Columbus, Ohio Ruby/Sapphire Tournament thing (GBA+Draft.. Walrein/Flygon/Gardevoir ftw baby!), so I haven't played in a tournament since then.

Also, do I need to become a Professor again or something? I was a Professor in, like, 2003 or 2004. At least, I think so--that's when my PM's date back to. XD I didn't even know this account existed until I decided to come back. Is there anything I need to do?

What I used to play were Swarm decks. I actually used the Kingdra Swarm deck in the WCSTS but played 2 of the Neo Genesis Kingdra and 2 of the Genetic Memory Kingdra. I moved onto Neo Revelation's Jumpluff (G for 30? kk!) and I liked it a lot. I figure, hey, might as well try another Swarm deck, right? ^_^

Stegy's "omg I'm back?" Swarm deck

Pokemon--23
4x Nincada
4x Ninjask [Fast Protection]
3x Plusle [Collect]
3x Feebas [Submerge]
3x Milotic EX [Mystic Scale]
2x Spoink [Lunge]
2x Grumpig [Thich Fat]
1x Shuckle [Extra-tight]
1x Cleffa

Trainers--24
3x Bill's Maintenance
4x Energy Removal 2
2x Holon Farmer
2x Holon Scientist
2x Lanette's Net Search
2x Master Ball
1x Prof. Cosmos's Discovery
1x Professor Birch
1x Prof. Elm's Training Method
2x Sitrus Berry
2x Solid Rage
1x Switch
1x Warp Point

Energy--13
3x Water
3x Psychic
4x Multi Energy
3x Double Rainbow

The basic idea is just to get as many Ninjask out as possible with a Milotic EX or two as back-up. Grumpig is good for when you're playing against LudiCargo decks (I read that somewhere ;x).

I need a lot of help with my Trainers and Energy section. I was thinking about Rare Candy--can you use Rare Candy and evolve a basic into a stage 1/2 on your first turn? That'd be so pwnage. XD

So, any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not a total newbie, but I stopped playing just after Ruby/Sapphire. ;x

The trainers are ok but if i were u i would change them like this:
-2 Master Ball
-1 Professor Birch

+2 Prof. Cosmos's Discovery
+1 Prof. Elm's Training Method

And for the energies i think u should make these changes:
-4 Multi Energy
-3 Double Rainbow

+2 Water
+2 Psychic
+3 Holon's pokemon

Hope it helps u....

Yes you can use a rare candy 1st turn to evolve a basic into stage 1/2.

Trt this out:

Pokemon 17

4 nincada
4 ninjask
3 feebas
3 milotic ex
3 luvdisc(CG)

Energies:(14)

4 multi
8 water
2 holon's electrode/magneton

Trainers(28)

4 bill's maintance
2 Prof.Cozmo
4 tranciver
2 Mentor
1 Farmer
4 Prof.Elm Training Metheod
3 Energy removal 2
2 Switch
1 Lass
2 Scientist
2 High Pressure system
1 Scott
1 Giant Stump

Try to put another attacker instead of ninjask,

Wow, thanks for replying, guys! I posted this on Pojo buy only have gotten 20+ views and no replies. /sigh

The Phenom1993: Thanks for the reply! I was using Milotix EX as my secondary Attacker, incase a Ninjask or two go down. A good Holon Pokemon would probably work pretty well energy-wise, so I'll definitely test that out once I get my hands on a nice supply of cards.

Roderick: Is Professor Birch not as good as I think he is? I'm thinking about going 4/4/4/4 on Nincada/Ninjask/Rare Candy/Professor Birch, that way if I ever get all 4 in my starting hand I can ensure a Turn 1 Ninjask followed by a replenished hand.

Thank you both for the energy suggestion. I thought that was probably the weakest part of the deck (then again I can't even test it XD). I suppose Apprentice is the best way to test still, right?

Also, what kinds of cards should I buy? Singles? Packs? Boxes? Starters? I'm pretty muchs tarting from scratch. XD

Edit: Just re-read Cursed Stone and saw that it hits all Pokemon with a Poke POWER. Ninjask and Milotic EX have Poke BODYs. That's a possibility right there.

Last edited:
put 4 cursed stones too.

I think you should go for single cards and mabey buy a box or 2 of cards from a set. crystal guardians are nice, or mabey wait till ex dragon frontiers/ diamond and pearl

I personally like Proffesor Birch, other people dont. I usually use Copy Cat over it though. If you want to try and get turn 1 rare candy to something I like using 4 Master Ball in my Stage 1 decks that use rare candy. Again though, some people dont like master ball so whatever.

prof.birch is NOT that good. you want to start 2nd have 6 basics, attach 1 energy and use it to draw 6 cards(good) but stupind. very rare to start with six basics and after the first 3-4 turns not that useful since you have more that 5 cards in your hand so using it adds you 2 cards in your hand (most of the time will be useless) i like TVR or bill's maintance

Eh, I dunno. Say you get the "godly" hand of Nincada. Ninjask, Rare Candy, Basic Energy, one other Basic Pokemon, and Professor Birch. You go first. You have Nincada Active, drop Rare Candy, play Ninjask, play Energy, then play the Birch. That's a +6 right there with the main swarmer already in play.

Granted, that's very situational, but it could happen. ^_^ I'll just have to test and see. I'm probably just going to buy/trade for singles and buy a few packs here and there and hope for the best.

Do I need to take a Professor Test or anything again? I sure hope not! XD

EDIT: Current List:

Pokemon--21
4x Nincada
3x Plusle [Call for Family] OR Chimecho [Collect]
3x Feebas [Submerge]
3x Milotic EX [Mystic Scale]
2x Spoink [Lunge]
2x Grumpig [Thick Fat]

Trainers--28
4x Bill's Maintenance/Professor Birch
3x Energy Removal 2
4x Rare Candy
3x Cursed Stone
2x Holon Farmer
2x Lanette's Net Search
2x Master Ball
1x Professor Birch/Bill's Maintenance
1x Sitrus Berry
2x Solid Rage
1x Switch
2x Warp Point

Energy--12
5x Water
4x Multi Energy
3x Holon's Electrode/Castform

Okay, I feel a little better about this list. I saw that I can't attach DRE to Pokemon-ex (there goes my Milotic ex plan XD), so I switched it for a Holon's Pokemon instead. I think this list looks a LOT better than the first, thanks to all the helpful replies. ^_^

Anyone else have anything to add to the new list?

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong but why do u have multi energy in ur deck?? when u attatch it to a pokemon that already has special energy cards (in ur case holon's pokemon) it becomes colorless. if u want u can try rainbow energy instead....

Hm, yeah, maybe Multi should go. I already have my Water for Milotic ex, and Ninjask doesn't even need a specific Energy to get going. Maybe:

-4x Multi
+2 Scramble
+2 Water

?? Might work.

I have Grumpig because I like how he can handle Ludicargo decks. I'm just going to test him for a bit and, if I see that he doesn't work as well as I thought, then I'll drop him. If he doesn't work then I'll probably drop the 2-2 line for either a 1-1/2-2 of another line or 3x Luvdisc and another Trainer or something.

Thanks for the replies, though! Keep em going. ^_

Nice little bump here. I just read Mary's Request and I think that needs to go in here. Now I just need to get some. ;x

Drop 1 Professor birch/Bill's maintenance, 1 Sitrus berry and 1 Rare candy for 3 Mary's request. You can find Mary's request in Unseen forces packs.

Try this:

Pokemon-14
4x Nincada
3x Feebas
3x Milotic ex

Trainers-33
4 Wally's Training (T1 Milotic/Ninjask? YEEEEEAH!)
4 Cursed Stone (Great Discruption!)
2 Battle Frontier
1 Giant Stump
2 Solid Rage
1 Switch
4 Great Ball
4 TV Reporter
2 Scott
4 Pokemon Reversal
4 Master Ball or Poke Ball
1 Holon Farmer

Energy--13
13x Water

Strategy:
Get T1 Ninjask/Milotic and start attacking for 1 energy. So by Turn 3 you can have 3 powered beast on the field. Pokemon reversal is there, so you pick something from opponent's bench and kill it straight away. I added supporters for great consistancy and the nasty Part:

Stadiums.

You run 7! Stadiums so you will always win the stadium war. If you battle Delta Pokepower decks, a Battle frontier at the start should do the trick. They use 2 stadiums to counter frontier and then you can completely demolish them with 4 Cursed stones. Giant Stump is for Decks that need Strong bench (Ludicargo). Scott get you 3 cards (Wally, 2 stadiums) so you can start the discruption on T1.

Try it.

Yeah, Zapper does have a good list. XD I'll have to try out Wally's Training--never thought of that! But TV Reporter isn't Legal in Modified anymore, so maybe I can just switch it for Mary's Request.

It's going to be great to finally have the deck up and running so I can actually play with it! XD

Wow, I had no idea. I've been using the Modified Carddex at Pokebeach.com. Maybe I need a more up to date card list. ;x

I've been doing practice hands on Apprentice and I had to up my draw and energy a lot more because I just couldn't get anything. I'm now trying out:

4x Mary's Request
3x Bill's Maintenance
3x Holon Adventurer

and 9 Water, 2 Fighting, 2 Multi Energy. It seems to work a bit better. ;x

if you are going for a swarm style deck i have had tremendous success with my dragtrode from last year. it played 3 admin, 2 copy cat and 4 stevens. the trick was that i had heavy lines as you do and lots of rare candiable pokemon and basics. i more often than not nearly played out my entire hand in one turn, then admin to disrupt and get more cards. i usually would keep this up with occassional copys or stevens. i only ran out of steam once in a while where i played out my entire hand and had to wait for things. i originally used prof.oaks researches, birches and stevens, but you can sub marys for stevens.
if your deck runs fast enough this will only open up the decks speed more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back