Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Nintendo Meets The Metagame...(Non-DCI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What's this?! Gymbo's evolving...?" Yea. I just decided to go with my regular name here on the 'Gym. It's the transition dealing with WotC to Nintendo thing...erm yea right. Anyways, I'm back. :thumb:

Alright. Well, yesterday, I had gotten an email from the Gym Leader at York (my local tourney scene) saying that York would be offering the R/S League. So that pretty much just brings me right back out of retirement. I've been itching for decks and making lists again anyways. Two biggest turn offs to playing R/S were the huge aspect of the GB game (still won't play with it) and the fact that League had dried up. Well, considering League is back on, I'm back. Besides, would this community really be the same without me? (Don't answer that. XD)

R/S Metagame
Nintendo Format

Pokemon: 20
4 Makuhita (Low Kick)
4 Hariyama (Holo)
3 Carvahna
3 Sharpedo
3 Sneasel ex
2 Chansey ex
1 Lapras ex

Energy: 22
8 Fighting
6 Water
4 Rainbow
4 Darkness

Trainers: 18
4 Professor Birch
4 Potion
4 Oran Berry
3 Pokeball
3 Switch

Okay. This is my very first R/S deck. And what PokeCommunity would be the same without some of my crazy decks? And of course what is my speciality? Metagaming, of course. And that's exactly what this deck is. This deck has so many outlets against the big stuff that's out there. First of all, Holo Hariyama is a friggin beast. It has 90 HP for a Stage One. It not only deals double to Colorless, but also all EX Pokes in play. That's amazing considering the extent of all the ex Pokemon in play. It destroys Sneasel ex and Chansey ex just like that. Deals 80 to Mewtwo and Magmar. With ex Pokes yielding two prizes, that's just sweet IMO. Also, I keep noticing high volumes of Linoone and Delcatty and gee look there, THEY'RE weak to Hariyama as well. Sharpedo is a mizer as well. I mean you can use a Rainbow and deal 70 for WWR or WWD. That pretty much takes out ANY fire. Besides, Rough Skin is nice as well. My deck is obviously weak to Psychic, so Sneasel's there. I mean I plan on using Sharpedo anyways, so why not? Chansey and Lapras are my walls and Double Edge is nice in key moments. I believe that there isn't much synergy in this deck as I'd like, however Hariyama and Sharpedo only need one of their respective energy and I have four Rainbows upping my counts to 12 and 10 effectively. And their minor underevolutions aren't single energy dependent either which is nice.

Please note: I do not have a single card, am still a little shaky on the rules, and have not played a single game yet. So if I have any mistakes in my thought process, my apologies. Anyways, whaddya guys think?

~Jim Ferrell

Not bad, at least on paper. Just beware Mewtwo EX. It's a little harder to play in R/S only, but it's still quite a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back