Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Nintendo Pairing Software?

misterJ

Nintendo Pairing Software? The new software, don't print the pairings?

or is my PC down?

Last edited:
misterJ said:
Nintendo Pairing Software? The new software, don't print the pairings?

or is my PC down?

It is not your PC, Nintendo knows about it and is working on the problem.

Gym Leader Blaine said:

Anybody heard if this "better" version will be out before the City Championships?

farbsman said:
Anybody heard if this "better" version will be out before the City Championships?

If you wanted to you could use the DCI program, but you will have to hand imput the tournament date on the website which could take awhile.

Gym Leader Blaine said:
If you wanted to you could use the DCI program, but you will have to hand imput the tournament date on the website which could take awhile.

Actually I can't. It is against the agreement the PTO's signed with Nintendo. Plus it is against the agreement for the DCI software.

Yah, you can't even cut 'n paste the pairings to Word so you can print them that way. It's a REAL HASTLE.

I'm personally working on a javascript version (it runs on a browser) of a VisualBasic program I wrote that does age-modified pairing. I'll post it here if/when I get it running.

That will be like the website problems and the professor programme and the International League listings ... working on it ... Just wonder when there will be any delivery?

I will be trying out an idea I had this weekend.

I will print my own match slips (blank w/o names)
Set the pairings in the software and then hand write them.

not as good as having the software do it but I am betting...quicker than cutting and pasting into word and having the borrowed PC freeze up.

This should be a reasonable work around for under 40 players or so.

A better way is to give each player a single match record card for the tournament. Just like in the old magic days before tournament software. Ah memories.....

Since this thread appears to be about the pairing software, i have something to state. In a recent tournament, after 5 rounds, the players were cut to a top 8. Now usually, the 1st ranked seed plays the 8th seed, 2nd against 7th, 3rd against 6th, and 4th against 5th. Thats not how this happened. During this tournament, the 1st seeded player played against the 7th seeded player. Something should be fixed about that...

We save Duck tape to fix stuff that used to work. Dynamite is best for stuff that is beyond hope. Hairspray and a match works too. (Er don't try that at home kids!)

Back