Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

No longer need any help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromecatz

Well i connected my dads laptop to our router, entered the WEP key and everything. Its connected and the status is excellent but when i open internet explorer or aol, it does not connect.
Help?
btw i have a 2WIRE557 router

Last edited:
Maybe try temporarily turning off your firewall to see if it is causing issues. Make sure you're not using Windows worthless built in in firewall ( I recommend Comodo free personal firewall.. it's free :D ).

To turn it off look in your system tray and right click on the icon and select exit.

Also, don't use Internet Explorer. Firefox 3 is the way to go for many reasons, just try it out once you get the internet working again.

Ok, hope that fixes it, but if it does not, I have another idea.

When I first got into wi-fi stuff, I though that for the WEP I would just type in the password I put in, but actually you're supposed to put in the "key" that is generated from that password you put in. I don't know why but also whenever I put in WEP codes with capital letters it doesn't work, I seem to have to use lower case. Also watch out for the difference between the number 0 and the letter O in your code. Try switching it around if your key has those characters. Not sure if this is related to the problem since you said the computer says it connects, but it's always a good possibility.

K, well i installed FFox on his laptop, double checked the WEP key,enabled MAC filtering(added in his mac number obv),and restarted the router. While looking at my system summery i came to the conclusion that i must change my home network ip address to be in the DCHP range.
Ill post after i change it to let you know if it works :X

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Changed it, and it still does not work.
Also it could not be the 0/O mixup because neither of them are in my wep key.
Anymore ideas :(

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Back, I got it to work.

Any mod can close this thread now :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back