Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Nope Sorry, Full Health

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRQLKZ

OK, this is a deck that I have been working on since the DP pre-release.

Basically it uses Torterra and Lv X as main attackers ideal is to start with a Turtwig to get 20 damage on turn 1 and then grotle turn 2 to synthasis so on turn 3 you already have 4 energy. Basically use Torterra to attack and use its second attack to do 60 and heal 20 from all your leaf. Salamence ex (DX) is perfect to give all the pokemon in the deck free retreat. That way once torterra gets too much damage on it I can just retread for free and send out Vespiquen to Completely heal it for 1 energy. Then retreat back to torterra if the Vespiqueen is still alive at that point. THe deck uses Delcatty (PK) to make sure there are plenty of cards in hand.

Here is the List: (Updated List in later Posts)

Pokemon: 25

Turtwig x4
Grotle x3
Torterra X2
Torterra Lv X x1
Vespiquen x2
Combee x3
Bagon d (DS) x2
Shelgon d (DS) x1
Salamence ex (DX) x2
Skitty x2
Delcaty (PK) x2
Holon's Castform x1

Trainers: 11
Pokedex (DP) x3
Super Scoop Up x2
Energy Restore x2
Rare Candy x4

Supporters: x8

Celio's Network x3
Holon's Mentor x2
PETM x2
Professor Rowan x1

Energy: 16

Grass Energy x16

Any Suggestions Are greatly Appreciated.

Last edited:
Easier retreat

I have been working on a similar deck, and I would worry that this version has too many moving parts and will be very difficult to set up. Instead of Salamence Ex for the free retreat, how about Fluffy Berry? It opens up a lot of space for search cards.

The HUGE problem I see is absolutely no draw power other than Delcatty. I would definetly take the above suggestion and use Fluffy Berry. You need some more draw cards (Stevens Advice, POR, Copycat etc.) because otherwise I see no consistency.

Pokemon: 19

Turtwig x4
Grotle x3
Torterra X2
Torterra Lv X x1
Vespiquen x2
Combee x3
Skitty x2
Delcaty (PK) x2

Trainers: 14

Pokedex (DP) x3
Super Scoop Up x2
Energy Restore x2
Rare Candy x4
Fluffy Berry x3

Supporters: x11

Celio's Network x3
Holon's Mentor x2
PETM x2
Professor Rowan x1
TV Reporter x3

Energy: 16

Grass Energy x16

How about This? Would these changes improve things or make things worse?

Any other Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

fluffy berry loses to windstorm... =/ use fluffy if you are willing to lose them at your opponents whim. also, im not confident that Delcatty is the proper search pokemon for this deck....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back