Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Normal Foils - unplayable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatter™

So, after the prerelease and buying packs.. basically every normal foil I have gotten from Black and White, I can not play in a deck because it is so curved and it can easily be seen in the deck. Reverse foils don't have this problem, just the normal ones.

So, does anyone know how I can straighten them out, or, are they just going to be unplayable and have to sit in my binder?

Last edited:
I got 5 packs after the prerelease. The foils from the packs were semi-decent, but the ones from the packs were far from playable. I've been trying to bend them back to a playable position, but no dice. I know that most tournaments let you (with judge permission) proxy cards for unplayable cards in your deck. For example, a friend of mine had an unplayable garchomp X, so he called a judge and put in a grass energy and put his unplayable chomp X to the side. When he played his grass energy (as a chomp X), he put the real chomp X over it. Once again, I know they let you do this, but only with judge permission. Really sad that rev foils are more usable than normal foils now :<

Are you talking about BW foils? xD Not mentioned anywhere in your post...

Try putting them under a heavy dictionary for a day or two.

Best way to straighten anything out is to set it under some heavy books for a day or two.

It was crazy.. I had a Klinklang normal foil that was not bent.. I woke up the morning.. it transformed into something I could no longer play o.o"

Crazy.. I'll probably end up putting them under heavy books as Bleak suggested.

Haven't seen it as bad as you're saying. Is it as bad as the Deoxys RHs were?

Instead of putting it under books, put it INSIDE the book, then put the book+card in the freezer.

^Are you serious? Does that work?

Yes. I assume it's because the paper in the book absorbs some moisture and freezes it, making it heavier. It also makes the card a tiny bit wet so that it can be easier to bend.

The black and white regular foils that I have pulled thus far have been fairly bent. It's to the point that I'd rather just have the reverse holos of said holos. They can still be played, but, I definitely don't like that they've been bent right out of coming out of the pack. ;/

Then again, I'm picky.

Putting cards under heavy objects does not actually straighten them out, in my experience. I had an extremely bendy Jumpluff deck last year and the only way I could unbend them was with my bare hands, one by one. It's actually much easier to just bend them back with your own hands, surprisingly.

What is this generation coming to???

Ever heard of pressing flowers? Stamps? Anything that needs to be flat? It will work eventually. If it's not straightening, you're not doing it correctly.

Heat is the problem. The change in temperature/humidity in a room curves the cards. You can practically watch the cards curve if you turn up the thermostat in my dorm room.

Therefore, I'd image that rokman's method would reverse the process somewhat.

What is this generation coming to???

Ever heard of pressing flowers? Stamps? Anything that needs to be flat? It will work eventually. If it's not straightening, you're not doing it correctly.

actually, I haven't please enlighten me.

At the prerelease I got 2 Krookodiles. One was RH, the other normal holo. You can always spot the normal holo by the big rise somewhere in the deck. Same with my Reuniclis.:mad::mad::mad:. They look like a pair of frikin' crescent moons. And yes, this is with sleeves.

I don't know what Nintendo did to their holos, but whatever it is, they are trashing my chances of buying normal holos from B&W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back