Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Norman OK Report

hectagonman

Oh gosh, this has to be the hardest time I've EVER had writing a decklist. Seriously I found out I was going that morning so I had to practically build a deck on the spot. Long story short I was running around everywhere asking for 2 Cessation Crystals. Kettler let me borrow some:smile:. Oh yea it was a moderate drive from Sherman, Tx to Norman, Ok(3 hours)

Quick Decklist(Ill just give you a sample of it)

Lucario X
Lucario x3
Riolu x3
Absol x4
Umbreon *
Marsx4
SSUx3
Wagerx2

Pretty much it. Strategy was to disrupt and to get Lucario out as fast as possible. Oh and to use the LVL X a Bigillion times.. On to the matches!

Match one. Vs ??? Empoleon Magnezone
I start with Absol with 2 benched Riolus. She starts with Stantler with 2 benched Magnemites and a benched Piplup. Pretty much she had 3 cards left in her hand and for some reason she insisted on Leading to add Supporters to her already Supporter full hand. I Absol/Mars/Umbreon and defeat her hand. Send up Lucario(I set it up while disrupting) Leveled up, Stanced and went to town on her basic none set up pokemon.
(1-0)

Match two Vs ??? Gardilade with Interesting starters
Ok so this match was surprising! Totally underestimated her. So she starts with Sableye PK and Mawile(CFF) benched. Me with Absol.So yea. Absol helped about not at all this match. I'd discard 1 card and she'd draw two. But atleast I got time to set up. So eventually after Disruption/her drawing a bunch we finally get set up. She has a Gardevior and I have a Lucario. She got to attack before I did so Level X was out of the question(Due to no powers). I just decide to Aura sphere(I do have 1 lucario and 1 Riolu benched) She level ups and makes a CRITICAL mistake. She knew she was going to knowck out my 10 hp left Lucario with whatever attack she wished. She picks bring down. Now if she decided to pick the power stopping one I probably wouldve lost. Buuuut she didn't. So I bring up me benched Lucario(2 energy on it) and level up Stance and attach energy. I then attach a Strength Charm and knock it out. From here it went downhill for her. She achieved a rare candy Gallade but didn't have energy to back it up. My Lucarios just didn't stop showing up. I set up 5 of them:lol:
(2-0)

Match three Vs Jordan B Ramen Truk
He was probably the nicest person ever during this match. I'll explain it in a few lines. So he starts with Riolu and me with Riolu. So from the start I was oretty much worried. This match was in my favor so much buuut... So I go first attach energy and miss the kick. He goes and misses his kick. I go evolve to Lucario(I HAVE NO BENCHED POKEMON:frown:) and Aura Sphere. He goes and evolves and hits with aura sphere. I go and I'm freaking out. No way to get anything. I mars into a LV X:thumb::thumb:! I LVL up and use aura sphere(No energy) I forgot to use Stance!!!! So I'm like is it OK if I can go ahead and use it? He lets me:redface:.So after that its just a Lucario Brawl fest, with both of use juggling the LVL xs/supporting pokemon with Night Maintenece and SSUs. It comes down to 1-1 Prizes and I manage to kill his Blissey with my LVL X.
(3-0)

Match four Vs Cameron H Magmortar Typhlosion Delcatty
I knew this was the match that mattered. Either I lose and depend on my 5th game or win and get a ride to the finals. I liked the 2nd option more:biggrin:. So I get an Absol start and him with Magmars/Skittys. To be honest I can't really rememer this match. Pretty much all I remember is that he couldn't get energy and I discarded his whole hand. I bust out the Lucarios and go to town.
(4-0)

Match five Vs ??? with Jumpluff Gengar
Well I was the only undefeated with 2 3-1s. So I decided to try my best just in case. So this was probably the most annoying deck I have ever faced. Ever. I start with Absol and him with Hoppip. He has some benched stuff. I go first and Baleful wind(of course) He goes and rare candies into a dre. He proceeds to get 2 heads. I hurry and Celios Lucario and evolve my benched Riolu(drew into it) Attach to Lucario and Baleful wind. So he proceeds to set up Gengars/Jumpluffs(Didn't get one out but I knew they'd be there eventually) So he misses his flips(MISTAKE) and I get to set up comfortably next turn. Roseannes some Riolus and attach to Lucario. Well I decide to retreat the Abs into the Lucario and Aura Sphere. He hits heads. This proceeds for a million turns(I leveled up somewhere in there) So in the middle of this annoyance I figure out his strategy. Somewhere he set up a Gengar! He than shadow dances and puts Jumpluff out. I don't see how I didn't see this before. But he put out Speed Stadium and I proceed to flip 7 Heads. Oh and I think I stole the luck out of them because he couldn't roll heads if his life depended on it. well the prizes were 4-2 Me winning and Time was called.
(5-0)

Finals Me Vs Jordan B
So his record was 3-2. Interesting. But anyways on to the matches!:wink:

Game 1
O.K I'm going to finals. I ALWAYS LOSE THE FIRST GAME. It's true every event that I've been to. Well anyways I had a Riolu start with no Supporters. Me=Dead. Ughh I thought I would lose from here. He got a Riolu+ setup hand for a start BTW.
(0-1)
Game 2
Ok now this game was close! So we both start with Riolus and we both don't have a bench. This had to be the most nervous situation i've ever been in. So we proceed to keep missing wild kicks and setting up Benches. So suddenly I have this setup: Lucario(Active) Absol Lucario(2 energy) Riolu Umbreon *(Bench). Now this is what happened. I Aura Sphered and did 20 to his benched blissey and 40 to active Lucario. He procceds to Aura sphere and knock out my my lucario and 20 to benched one. I send up Riolu(Major strategic move. I had LV X in hand but he had a Cess) Evolve attach energy and use feint. Now he is wondering why I did this but it led to his downfall. He proceeds to simply aura sphere. I knock out with feint PRIZE!!!. Prizes are 2-1(Me winning). He brings up benched Lucario and Knocks out with Sphere. I bring up my 60 damaged Lucario Lv up Stance attach Energy attach Plus Power! KNOCKOUT!
(1-1)
Game 3(2-1)
He starts with Chancey me with Riolu. I hit a Wildkick. He attaches(He played TVR but it didn't help) I go and attach to Riolu and miss wildkick. He goes and evolves to bliss Tvr discard an energy attach to Blissey and Happy chance for 50. WOOT! I evolve to Lucario and Aura sphere for game.

Props
Kettler for letting me borrow some Cessations. Thanks:thumb:
Points(Yum)
Packs
Practically going undefeated

Slops
JUMPLUFF
Jumpluff
and umm Jumpluff
Also my Applebees Ciabatta sandwich on the way back(It smelled like umm you know what.)

Thanks for reading

Last edited:
Jumpluff/Gengar. . . .sounds like Josh H. He's always coming up with interesting ideas that use rarely-played cards. Right after DP came out, I had looked at a Gengar combo with Prinplup, but just couldn't get over the "flippy"-ness of Gengar. Flips Fail Me.

I especially like the SW Weavile/DP Magenzone combo that his dad was playing a couple of weeks back.

S.

My jumpluff- donphan deck is finished, with some added techs. It has never failed to get set up turn 2-3. (and im not joking)
anyway, congrats on the win. too bad you never started with absol, benched umby * played two super-scoop ups, then mars, then baleful wind their hand to almost zero. (remind you of anything?)

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

seems like lucario helps us both.

Last edited:
LOL! I've had some historic matches with my Disruption Engine! I look forward to playing the 2nd most annoying deck tomorrow.(BTW I mean your deck)

Back