Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

North American Invites Sent Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizor

Dear POP member,

You are receiving this email because we have pulled the final results from your ratings zone. We are pleased to inform you that you have earned an invitation to participate in the 2008 Pokémon TCG World Championships in Orlando, Florida from August 15th through August 17th 2008.

You will be receiving a competitor’s information packet at the address listed in your “My Pokémon” account . This packet will provide you with information about the 2008 Pokémon TCG World Championships, the Hilton in the Walt Disney World Resort, and other important documents that must be completed and returned to Pokémon USA, Inc., prior to your attendance at the World Championships.

Rating based invitations do NOT include travel awards, and players receiving these invitations must mail, email or fax verification of their intent to attend via travel receipts such as hotel reservations or travel itineraries no later than July 21st, 2008 or lose their seat in the event.

Mail can be sent to:

Pokémon USA, Inc

ATTN: World Championships

333 108th Ave NE

Suite 1900

Bellevue, WA 98004

Email confirmations are to be sent to [email protected], and faxes can be sent to 425-274-1040.

Again, travel verification must be RECEIVED no later than July 21st, 2008.

Again, congratulations from all of us at Pokémon USA, Inc., and Pokémon Organized Play. Your play skills during this season have set you apart from the other competitors in your Ratings Zone.

Regards,

Pokémon Organized Play Staff

Just got that in my e-mail. Interesting considering Mexico isn't in yet. I guess POP must know the final results.

i got that also just now. what does it mean travel vertification? can someone please tell me? is it a letter saying u will go or something? please help yall.

I have gotten it as well! Charchar: I think they mean proof that you are going, such as plane tickets or something like that.

yes soo happy but how do u show proof of your travel vertifacation or whatever its called?

You should of gotten an email confirmation from your airline. hotel bookings can help too. I just copied both and emailed a copy of each to POP.

Drew

Congratulations to everyone who earned an invite through ratings!

CharChar just send them (or better, fax) a copy of your hotel reservation receipt. I assume you'll (or your guardian) will be making a reservation online. Just print a copy and fax it to PUI. That's it!!

i think im going with the saniors. total people in car:jav,tim,leah,dean,arron,and me. il ask them this weekend during league what i should do. thanks Mr.T. and drew

Patrick got his too, btw. See you in sunny FLA!!! btw, we're looking at a poss Legends Awakened Prerelease the Saturday before worlds in Fairfax. I'm waiting on Tim for confirmation.

Weird they sent them out, considering that there are still some outstanding ranking issues/no information on Mexico whatsoever.

As a person who just found a possible problem in my ratings/rankings, I'm worried by this. It just seems weird that they would allow so little time to sort things out.

only 20 days for a reply? *sighs*

@totoro: I'm really not sure what is going on. We've talked about a rough plan of how a drive to FA would go. I was under the impression that charchar going is dependant on Leah and I going. I may be wrong about that. But like charchar said, his hotel arrangement (as well as everyone else in our group) would be under Javier's name. Would that qualify as proof of charchar's commitment?

the more information the better.i want to get teh invite with no problems and have it done soon as possible. as i junior i dont know what im doing so il do what u masters tell me too. its like this since ur the master like in chinese movie the master teaches those bald people kung-fu and those bald guys are juniors like me following orders.;; wierd huh? i know;;

Oh, and another thing that concerns me...

They sent out the invites mere hoursafter correcting a huge error involving Alex H (FL). What would have happened had that error not been checked?

A 60 point inaccuracy within the yellow pod at nationals...That's what.

Oh, and another thing that concerns me...

Not to be an apologist for POP, but I think their record on 'getting things right', esp. after NATs Masters Top 16, is pretty solid. Let's not fret, just make sure the POP folks have all the facts on any outstanding issues. No need to hold up anyone you KNOW is going, while you're sorting out others who might be going.

Cheers!

I think hes saying those who have received this invite may be bumped out if their is a major error in the rankings that has yet to be resolved.

Not to be an apologist for POP, but I think their record on 'getting things right', esp. after NATs Masters Top 16, is pretty solid. Let's not fret, just make sure the POP folks have all the facts on any outstanding issues. No need to hold up anyone you KNOW is going, while you're sorting out others who might be going.

Cheers!

Coldcoates hit the nail on the head.

I think hes saying those who have received this invite may be bumped out if their is a major error in the rankings that has yet to be resolved.

I think that since they have actually sent out the invites, it woud be a bad thing if they emailed someone and said, I am sorry but we accidently sent out invites before the ratings were finalized. After correctly caculating the ratings, you were no longer in the 25 spots for an invite in North America.

I just don't see them doing that. I see them instead giving the invites to players who didn't actaully get the invite but should of been in the 25 spots.

Coldcoates hit the nail on the head.

Yeh, but I think that they will give extra invites rather than take one away to give to someone else.

Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back