Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

North Carolina City Championships

TeamBlackthorn

Hello all. As the title says North Carolina has 2 City Championships that we will have in the month of February. As I hope that a rise will occur in the attendence numbers here is my form of getting the word out. Ok here we go:

The first North Carolina City Championship will be:
Winston Salem, NC-Game Haven-This event will occur on Saturday February 7th. 1PM is the end of Deck Registration. I believe but my advice is get there a little earlier so that you can relax get used to the atmosphere and maybe if you wish play a few pickup games.

The second North Carolina City Championship will be:
Charlotte, NC-Underground Games-This event will occur on Saturday February 21st. 12PM is the end of Deck Registration. I believe but my advice is get there a little earlier so taht you can relax get used to the atmosphere and maybe if you wish play a few pickup games.

The third North Carolina City Championship will be:
Asheville,NC-Craftish Geeks-This event will occur on Saturday February 28th. I have no time for this event as of this moment for the reason I found out about it last night on the City Championship(Compiled) Post Stickied above. So if the TO or anyone that knows more about this tournament could share it would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

Ok so to all North Carolina Pokemon Players this is your rollcall. Also if there are any South Carolina Players coming up we welcome you to come and play at either. Just leave your mark if you plan on coming.

And to Jeff-If there is anything you feel that is wrong in this information just add it on and I'll get rid of the previous info.

-The Future Olympic Fencer
~Nick Goble

Last edited:
I know I'll be there for the Winston-Salem one. I was there for a tournament last week (was it?) I believe.

Last edited:
The dates for both Winston-Salem and Charlotte City Championships have changed. The Winston-Salem event will be 28 Feb and the Charlotte event will be 21 Feb.

To prepare for the upcoming City Championships, two modified tournaments will be held: 24 Jan at Game Haven and 1 Feb at Underground Games.

I, in addition of other South Carolina players, will definitely show up at all events. Unfortunately, we do not have a game store in the Greenville, SC, and both City and State Championships for SC are now unlikely.

I am waiting for confirmation from Nintendo on the City Championship in Winston for Feb 21. Once I get confirmation I will post the tournament details and confirmed date. It will either be Feb 7 or Feb 21. As far as I know the City Championship in Charlotte is on Feb 28. Also I had to cancel the modified tournament at Underground Games on Feb 1 due to other events the store has on Sunday's. I don't think I will be able to reschedule since my Saturday's are booked up until March.

Ok, now that the official City Championship list was released on Thursday I have made sure that the 3 tournaments that I have seen on the site and heard about are now listed. If you have any info on the Asheville Championship just tell me and I'll edit it.
~Nick Goble

Last edited:
I will definitely be at the Winston Salem tourney for the simple fact-I'm not missing one that is so close to High Point. I mean it's only a 30 minute drive(about). Now the Charlotte tournament that I was planning on attending(which I want to attend since I loved it down there for the PreRelease) is now probably a no go or hey maybe I can go. It depends since I plan on going to Winter Ball and you guessed it it's on that Saturday night from 8PM-Midnight. So I'm trying to figure out if this is possible to go to and then hurry back to High Point and get ready to go the Winter Ball. I don't know I really don't. (Yes, while having a Pokemon social life I've never really focused on creating a seperate reality social life, so I guess maybe I'll attempt at one). To all players that are planning on attending you guys rock. Can't wait to see everyone from Team Raleigh,Team Asheville(hopefully, possibly), and anyone else that exists in NC that wants to play, and to all you cool SC people who are actually taking time out to drive a long way for a tournament. I give you guys some major props. Ok later I'm gonna go fall into dreamworld.
-The Future Olympic Fencer
~Nick Goble

If you are talking about the oncoming Winstom-Salem tournament this week in preparations for the City Championships, I will probably go to that. Some of of the other SC players already have things planned for next weekend, so our crowd will not be large this time around.

Hopefully, the North Carolina players can come down to SC for some events if I find a suitable place to play, which there is not.

Back