Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Northern Cali Seniors Regionals report

luigamaster

Everyone else made a report so I guess I will too =D

Wake up at 8:30 and leave and realize I forgot to get directions haha perfect way to start the day. I call up my friend and luckily he guided me there.

list
3-1 dialga g
3 toxicroak g
2-2 claydol
1 unown g
1 crobat g
1 skuntank g
1 bronzong g
1 azelf

4 poketurn
4 cyrus
4 roseannes
4 power spray
3 bebes search
3 galactic hq
3 energy gain
2 premier ball
2 snow point
1 night maintence
1 luxury ball
1 warp point

4 sp metal
2 basic metal
3 call
3 psychic

Dropped blissey for another 1-1 claydol cause I could never seem to get it out.

so0o0o0 4 rounds top 4.

Round 1: ??? with gengar, dusk, and roserade?
I start with toxicroak vs his duskull. I get the skuntank out with a stadium and t2 the duskull and just setup from there on and eventually tank a Dialga g and he brings up his dusknoir but it's body doesn't work cause of time crystal and I just ko it. 1-0

Round 2: Mitchel S Gengar
We both don't get amazing starts, but I seem to pull ahead. His bench is full of stuff like mesprit azelf and uxie so he couldn't really swarm well with gengar. I keep my hand low on trainers afraid of poltergiest and he just can't come back from his bad start. 2-0

Lunch break: Had an amazing grilled cheese haha.

Round 3: ???? mirror match
He starts with 2 Baltoy and I start with Dialga. He goes first and attachs a call but instead for some reason he uses psychic balance for 2. I attach a metal and a gain and deafan now he bebes for a claydol and then calls for a dialga and bronzong. I don't remember what happened after that but he tanks a dialga and starts koeing my dialga and I send up random pokemon and it evens out in prizes until I bring up my tanked dialga and he poke turns his back up. He doesn't seem to be using his bronzong so it took him a while to setup his dialga again and I was able to setup another on my bench. He brings up his dialga with me having 1 prize left and I remove lost it and get tails and he koes my damaged dialga so I bring up my other dialga and drop a crobat and second strike his 2 metal dialga ftw. 3-0

Round 4: ???? Machamp
He starts with machop and I start with 2 dialgas. He does machops attack for 20 and I attach call and a g to get a toxicroak and a baltoy, he then proceeds to attach another energy drop down stadium and a plus power and then drops an uxie which I power spray. He does 20 again and ends his turn. I attack again and deafan. He top decks the bebes and grabs a machop and attachs to it and does 20 to me. I attach again and second strike for the ko. He brings up uxie and attachs and I attach again and remove lost it and he scoops. 4-0

Top 4 Zach K Machamp
game 1: I start with toxicroak to his uxie and he can't really get much cause I spray his other uxie and he doesn't play claydol. I ko both his uxies and he brings up a machamp which I ko for the game.

game 2: This game was more complicated cause he t2 koed my skuntank with his machamp andmy maintence was prized so this took a while. I tanked a dialga with 3 metals after he takes like 2 prizes and ko 2 of his machamps with it. On the 3rd machamp and I got lucky as his hurricane punch put me 10 away from getting koed. So I use zong and move a metal and I poke turn my dialga back and bring up crobat. So I attach and end. He koes my crobat and I tank my dialga again with 3 metals. He hurricane punches for 2 heads so it does 30. I draw my other metal and cosmiced and drew a snow point and put that out. My Dialga with 4 sp metals and a snow point just swept whatever he had left.
5-0

Top 2: Jason C Mirror
Game 1: I top deck a call and get a beast start and we trade prizes for a while but eventually I'm able to drop a crobat and poketurn it back twice and one hit his dialga so he scoops as he doesn't really have anything else.

Game 2: This time he gets a beast start and I put up a fight but he gets his blissey out and remove losts 2 of my sp metal and just tanks his dialga. By the time I have another dialga ready he has 4 energys on blissey that can one hit my dialga so I scoop.

Game 3: He gets nothing and I just sweep with my beast start =[ sorry man 6-0

Pros:
Prizes
Judges
Grilled Cheese sandwhiches
Dialga G
Machamps

Slops:
Jason getting unlucky against me =O
Daniel getting knocked out of top 16.
Shaggy getting 17th with top 16 cut.

GJ, you had way less machamps than we had in socal and i had to play against 6 machamps the whole day hope to see you at nats.

Back