Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

(Northern) Virginia City Championships! WOODBRIDGE CC INFO POSTED!

Sensei

Team Compendium Emeritus
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
Hey all, just a quick post to let everyone know I will be running two City Championships in NoVa. One at Game Parlor in Woodbridge, Va. on Sat. Dec. 11th and one in Stafford, Va. at Comic World on Sat. Jan. 15th.

`Sensei

Edit: Look below for ALL the info for the Dec. 11th Woodbridge, Va. City Championship!

Last edited:
Cool, one in Hoodbridge. Yeah, I plan on going to one, since they're both on Saturday, and that's friggin' awesome. But I might not go. I mean, it's just the CCs. And it's like, 18 packs for first or something? =/

I'd rather pay the 10 and try to win a box...

P.S. Jon, your sig is SOOO ruining our motto. Haha =P

Last edited:
Most definately Dave! We can have free ones or if we charge, it would go to the product.

Sensei if we don't have a CC in Charlotte on the 15th we are planning on coming up. It will be good to see everyone again!!!

I might be able to make it to the one in December, if I'm lucky. I'm going to be out of the area in January, so I don't think I'll be coming to that one.

I'll be at 1 of them....which one....? Hmmmm, you'll just have to wait and see.
Actually, I really don't know yet...

<---------------oh yeah! look at that! What does it say...."PROFESSOR"?... Oh yeah!

Last edited:
Central Va's 1st CC

Awaiting official approval by POP but it looks like we will have our 1st CC in the Richmond area (Midlothian, actually) on MLK day, Monday the 17th. Hope some of the Stafford-ites can make it down--are you listening Adv1sor?? Look for a stand-alone thread once its official!

Okay folks! Are you excited???? I know I am!

The Thanksgiving Holiday and travel is over and I have finally gotten the time to get more organized. I apologize I have not been able to get to this sooner, but with the aforementioned Holiday and also some family problems, I am now back in black and ready for the attack!

I will be posting a Woodbrdidge CC post soon along with all the cool info on the contests and door prizes! Also, look for a new addition to help your chances to win a door prize!

`Sensei

Sensei said:
I am now back in black

You should so do that. Show up to the CC with shades and really baggy black jeans and shirt with "LIFE SUCKS" written in red writting against a black background, and die your hair black and spike it. And practice your "I hate my life so get out of my way" look, where you kinda look like you've just spent an all-nighter finishing a deck and you're only awake because you have about one million milligrams of coffee in your bloodstream.

And on a side note, I'm tangled up this weekend, but I will try my best to worm my way out of it so I can regain what little dignity I had before the City Championship last year. (Not that going to a Pokemon tournament on a Saturday is so dignifying) Look for the kid with the ego the size of Jupiter and the mouth that's even bigger. If you don't see him, I ain't there, unless it's my twin brother.

hey

hey everyone its rodney sorry sensei about before going mad then. Well its that time again. Getting cold, progress reports going out, having a lot of fun, and christmas. Whats on the list. Well truegamerx and i are going to woodbridge together. Im going to TRY to do my best. Daniel and i put together a not so good deck last time a staford for me. it was a sharkpade thing and marill and azumaill i had azumarill with like 12 energys i knocked out a blaskien ex in one turn. bam. anyways that old. Im going there with a deck of beedrills. you may think why. well its very easy. you have the staple card dunsparce get 2 weedles and pidgey if you have 2 pigeots in your hand the other way around then. you can rare candy so easy and so quick. many decks that will do good such as zapturndos daniel copyright and darkdragonite/ electrode/ darn good deck but dont have cards is great. i can do well in it i hope. hopefully faceplant can drive us up there oh yea faceplant are you 100% sure you can take us if you read this. anyways for all you nosey ppl that are wondering what i have well here you go you might see cards and you might wnt to counter and screw up your deck. oh yea the best deck charzard ex. bam discard 5 energy broken bam all enegy cards gone waste of time. here it is finally or is it.

well this deck my friend daniel and i have worked on. Im using it at woodbridge va so be looking for me popl .. anyways here it is

Pokemon: [19]
4 Dunsparce
4 Weedle
2 Kakuna
4 Beedrill
2 Pidgey
1 Pidgeotto
2 Pidgeot

Trainers: [24]
4 Celio's Network
4 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Reversal
3 Professor Oak's Research
3 VS Seeker
2 TV Reporter
1 Low Pressure System
3 copy cat
2 tv reporter
Energy: [17]
4 Double Rainbow Energy
12 Grass Energy
The strategy is to get out Pidgeot first then set up Beedrills to swarm, either way this is the best decklist I can think of. Everytime I play its really fast, I haven't had no bad hands

look for me with the disposable camera

Won't be there, can't get out of previous engagement. Plus, my mom is totally cheesed (I love using that word) at me and she won't drive me and I can't get a ride cuz I live in the city of Virginia with a pokemon-playing population of like...THREE. -_____-

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be a blast. Post results quickly,

Wooper

hey

hey 5 more days till beedrill swarms va oh yea good luck to mich and his last place finish at world. prepare for deja vu

:pokeball: Woodbridge,Va. City Championship! :pokeball:

Who is going to walk away the Woodbridge City Champ?

Come join the fun and fury of the battle for the Woodbridge City Championship! Think you`re good enough to win the sweet one of a kind Woodbridge, Va. CC Champ medal and Winner pin? Want to have fun trying? Want to have a chance to win BOTH Fire Red AND Leaf Green Games for Gameboy or other cool door prizes? Then c`mon down and join us for a day of Pokemon fun and prizes galore in this absolute free tournament!

Make sure you have your POP ID# or if you don`t have one, we will provide you with one. See everyone on Saturday, Dec. 11th!!!

`Sensei

p.s. Check below for getting TWO chances to win the door prizes!!!

TOURNAMENT INFO

Date: Saturday Dec. 11th

Time: Registration is from 10-11am. Tourney starts after.

14400 Smoketown Road
Woodbridge, VA 22192
(703) 551-4200

Entry Fee: FREE!!!

Tournament structure:Modified Constructed Format and Age Modified Swiss

PRIZE INFO

Prizes are awarded to the top 4 players in each age category. Our age categories are: 10 and under, 11-14, and 15 and up. Participants will receive a Pokémon TCG City Championship stamped Machop Promo Card, a City Championship pin and a POP Series One 2 card promo pack while supplies last, just for playing!

Top four finishers in each of the 3 age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place:

• 18 Pokémon TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs
• A City Champion Medal
• A Tournament Winner Pin
• Prize kit containing cool Pokémon Merchandise!

2nd Place:

• 9 Pokémon TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs

3rd & 4th Place

• 4 Pokémon TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs

DOOR PRIZES WOOT!!!

Top Door Prize!: BOTH Fire Red AND Leaf Green versions for the Game Boy Advance!!!

• A Gameboy Advance Pokemon Video for Gameboy (Blastoise)
• A Gameboy Advance Fire Red Version Carrying Case
5 POP Series 1 Booster Packs
• A Pokemon Advanced Seviper/Treecko action figure set
• A Pokemon Advanced Poochyena/Grovyle action figure set
• A Torchic small stuffed plush
• A Treecko small stuffed plush
• 2 Pocky Candy Snack boxes
• More may and probably will be added!

Errrrrrrrch! Stop the presses! Want to have TWO chances to win the Gameboy games and the other cool door prizes? All you have to do is bring someone who has never played in one my tournaments and you will be given a SECOND ticket for the drawing. It`s that simple! TWO chances to win. WHOA!

FUN CONTEST: Guess the Damage Counters!

I`m offering this fun contest for everyone to have a chance to win a Jumbo stuffed Mudkip!!! What you do is try to guess the amount of Damage Counters in the jar. Closest person to the correct # of Damage counters in the jar wins the prize! In case of a tie, the winner will be decided randomly by die roll between the tied contestants. Anyone can enter this contest (meaning parents and siblings of players can enter) but each person only gets one guess slip to cast their best guess. You must be present to win.

FUN CONTEST #2 : Coloring Contest for 12-!

Like to win A Minun or Plusle stuffed plush given out in this contest? 2 random winners will be chosen for the grand prizes in this contest. One winner will receive the Minun and the other winner will receive the Plusle. The pictures to be colored will be provided on site along with crayons or you can even bring in one you colored yourself at home! Remember, this is for 12 and under only!

Note: Decklists will be required and checked beforehand.Blank copies available on site but you can also download one HERE by clicking on "Deck Registration Sheet"(Not the DCI one).-A big thanx to Marril2k for giving us permission to use.

Last edited:
Back