Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Northwest Regionals April 14, 2007

Pokeplayer

Here is the Northwest Regionals Pokemon Championships......

Green River Community College
Gymnasium
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, Washington
Zip Code: 98092-3622
April 14, 2007
Registration Starts at 9:00 am
Play begins as soon as registration is complete. The main tournament (swiss rounds) will last 5 to 6 hours
Admission: Free

The tournament will be held in the Gymnasium.

An hour will be alloted for meal breaks.

Format:

Three Age Divisions - Juniors (born in 1996 or later) / Seniors (born in 1992, 1993, 1994, or 1995) / Masters (born in 1991 or earlier)
Format – Modified Constructed Deck (bring your own deck)
Age Modified Swiss (all players play in every round)

Rounds

Based on attendance. After swiss rounds are completed, cut to single elimination per age group with 1 hour match, best 2 of 3 (top cut will be based on attendance per age group with a MAXIMUM cut of 16).

Prizes Prizes Prizes·

1st Place
• A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Trophy
• A travel award for the winner (including a parent or legal guardian for players under 18), U.S. residents only, to the 2007 US National Championships at the Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio! Including a four-day admission to the Origins Game Expo in Columbus, Ohio
• A scholarship award worth $1500
• A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

2nd Place
• A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Second Place Trophy
• A scholarship award worth $1000 A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

3rd
• A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Third Place Trophy
• A scholarship award worth $750. A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

4th Place
• A scholarship award worth $750 A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

5th Place through 8th Place
• A combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

Side Events

BOOSTER DRAFT : You will get six boosters. You will then build a 40-card deck. All these cards are yours to keep. Basic Energy will be provided. After putting together your deck (you have 30 minutes to do this), you will play a number of 25-minute rounds in a Swiss tournament (everyone plays in all rounds). Prizes will be most likely be EX Power Keepers Boosters.
Entry fee - $15.00

Game Boy Tournament

The Game Boy Tournament will be taking place during registration...I hope to start the tournament about an hour before the "Main Event" takes place...I just have figure out when the "Main Event" will start...

IMPORTANT NOTE: I can not stress this enough, but anyone interested in particpating in the Game Boy tournament, that will also be playing in the tournament, MUST HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED and gone through DECK CHECK and anything else nessecary to play. Those running the Game Boy tournament will not be responsible for anyone who neglects to turn in a decklist before coming to play in (or even signing up for) the Game Boy Tournament.

All players must bring their own Game Boy Advance, and must have a copy of either Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed or LeafGreen.

Link Cables to be supplied (if you have one...you can bring it if you wish)

4-on-4 Double Battles
Level 100 (recommended) or lower
Any of the 386 Pokemon are permitted for use
All 4 Pokemon must be different, and cannot have a nickname of another Pokemon (no Torchic named Treecko etc.)

Held Items may be used, all Pokemon must hold different items.
Restrictions: No Wobbuffet w/ Leftovers, and NO Soul Dew

Tournament will be single elimination. Finals could be held using Pokemon XD.

Matches will have a possible time limit of 10 minutes, and the finals will hopefully have a 15 minute time limit at the most.

Prizes will be determined depending interest...

Directions to Green River Community College:

From I-5, take East Hwy-18 toward Auburn for 9 miles.
Take the SE 304TH ST exit toward SE 312TH ST.
Turn RIGHT onto SE 304TH ST.
SE 304TH ST becomes 132ND AVE SE.
Stay STRAIGHT to go onto 132ND WAY SE.
132ND WAY SE becomes SE 312TH ST.
Turn LEFT onto 124TH AVE SE.
Turn RIGHT onto SE 320TH ST.

Follow the signs in the parking lot to available parking and Student Center.

FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD

Washington Falconry Association (WAFA) will be selling Hot Dogs, soda and chips at the NW Regionals. The funds will support one of their members with a family member unable to work because of throat cancer.

Last edited:
I am happy that now it is in Washington. No more waking up early to drive down to Oregon for regionals. Now, I can wake up later. Hope this will be an excellent tournament!

I am happy that now it is in Washington. No more waking up early to drive down to Oregon for regionals. Now, I can wake up later. Hope this will be an excellent tournament!

I agree...I get a better night's sleep in my bed at home rather than at a hotel, so having Regionals up here will be cool, considering that I plan on playing in regionals.

It is in the gym, not the student center, correct?

Wasn't it States in student center - Regionals in the gym

Yeah! Pokemon in the SWAMP! The GRCC gym is called "The Swamp" because our mascot is a 'gator.

I'll be there. (Previded that the Canadian Regionals are not on the same day). Finally, a Regionals closer then a six hour drive.

Regionals planning information has been sent to prospective staff and working PTOs...

I will keep you updated as data becomes available....

Back