Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Norwegian STPs

Tego

Hello, international players

Like last year, Norway will again have two STPs, one for Eastern Norway (in Oslo) and one in Western Norway (in Stavanger). This time around, they'll be in March. These are the biggest Norwegian tournaments where foreign players can enter, and I want to spread the word that everyone is welcome. :thumb: We had some players from the Netherlands coming to the West Norway Championship last year, including Rainbowgym, which was a nice surprise. If anyone is interested in paying us a visit this year, let me know! It's nice for us to know in advance how many extra players from outside Norway we should expect, and we can also let you do a preregistration to guarantee your seat at the tournament.

Here's information about our STPs in Norwegian:
http://pokemon.no/op/lm_07-08.htm

Let me know if you're interested in a translation. I won't be at the Western Championship because I have university classes in Japan then, but I will be taking a trip home to Norway in my holidays mid-March, so I will be present at the Eastern Championship, so see you there! :D

We are expecting around 100 players for each of the two tournaments.

Last edited:
Hahaha, fixed. XD The Eastern Norway tourney is only two weeks after easter, why so strict? ;D

Only 2 for Norway? With your amazing Nationals last year, and with 100 expected players for each, are you not allowed to have more? For the Netherlands we were allowed to have 4 SPTs, and I'm not expecting any of them to hit 100 players!

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Also, the website isn't loading for me? :(

Last edited:
Hmm, maybe Olso/Stavanger is > Hannover (Germany)
I'll definitely check how much it'll cost to go!!
I have too meet Mikkel sometime anyways :p

EDIT: I fail to open the link..
When is the dates for the SPTs?

Only 2 for Norway? With your amazing Nationals last year, and with 100 expected players for each, are you not allowed to have more? For the Netherlands we were allowed to have 4 SPTs, and I'm not expecting any of them to hit 100 players!

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Also, the website isn't loading for me? :(
There are only 2 areas in Norway with big player bases, which are East (Mainly Oslo) and west(Meinly Stavanger/Bergen) and the biggest is Oslo, so many Oslo players will go to Stavanger, dunno about the other way around. Having a STP anywhere else in Norway would be with mainly only competitors for the two aforementioned regions, which would have been pointless, and too costly for both organizers and players.

Hmm, maybe Olso/Stavanger is > Hannover (Germany)
I'll definitely check how much it'll cost to go!!
I have too meet Mikkel sometime anyways :p

EDIT: I fail to open the link..
When is the dates for the SPTs?

Stavanger: 8th March
Oslo: 30th March

The website was down this weekend, sorry. It's up and running again now!

B_J explained it very well. I wish we could have had more STPs in Norway, but the only way I can see that done if we were to hold several STPs at the same location, which would have been odd. We only have two "big" locations, although we have many other tiny Leagues.

Mm, Oslo sounds tempting, actually... If I book now the flight would only be 200 euros.. I'll think about it!

We currently have some technical difficulties with our website again, as its in the process of being moved to a new server, so I haven't been able to post this information online yet, but:

The location for the East-Norway (Oslo) STP event will be the hobby shop Outland and the "Ostbanehallen" hall it is located in. This hall is connected to the Central Station of Oslo, so you can literally get off your train, walk over to the store and sign up for the tournament straight away.

Please pass this information on to anyone who's considering attending our event. :)

You have a big problem Eskil. The Outland personel approaced me directly during league and told me that they could only have 60 competitors. No matter what. And you are excpecting, like 100?

I'm not the one who has a problem, actually. Neither is Outland. We are having 100+ players, no matter what. Cutting it to 60 is not an option! Not over my dead body.

Stay tuned. :thumb:

Problem already solved. We have room for 80 players now, and by the end of the day I think we'll have 100+ like I wanted. So ... no panic. :D

I'm going home to Norway tomorrow, actually! See you at the Easter tourney.

Back