Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Not sure what deck to play

Swordfish1989

I'm getting tired of MegaZone, but I have no idea what to play to replace it. I want a good, reliable deck that has a proven track record (I played SP on its hay-day and loved it) but that also plays to my style. I saw that ZPST has been doing particularly well but I'm skeptical about the deck. I just don't like having to rely on those specific cards for the whole strategy work. I was liking Goth/Reuniclus when reading about it, but the poor performance at Battle Roads has me skeptical. I plain don't like ReshiBoar/Phlosion decks.

Any ideas, or suggestions? Talk me into ZPST as a consistent and flexible idea? Any major decks you think will appear with the release of Noble Victories?

I was going to say try rogue but you want something that wins so I'll say Reshiphlosion. It has no real bad match up. ZPST is just fun.

ZPST is consistent and tbh people who say otherwise are usually wrong.
not too "flexible" but it works. i'd suggest megazone honestly, you could try MagneBoar too.

ZPST is incredibly consistent because all you need in your opening hand is a Tornadus and a couple energy to start the game off. Even if you don't hit a draw supporter for a couple turns, it doesn't mean you're going to lose.

Gothitelle/Reuniclus performed poorly at battle roads because it was under-represented - it was the only new deck to come out of EP. Also, a lot of players were teching Mew or Kingdra specifically to beat it so once your luck ran out and you played one of those decks, your tournament was basically over. With so few people playing it, not enough of them dodged those decks.

If you want consistent and fun, then I would say run some kind of Stage 1 Rush deck. I personally do not like Yanmega, but it is a good and consistent card. MegaZord (yanmega, zoroark, donphan) is good, but Cinccino is pretty nice as well.

ZPST is very consistent, as is Reshiphlosion.

Psst. Run a toolbox. Discard consistency in favor of flexibility! Baffle your opponent with your random hodge-podge of cards that might be useful against certain decks, then laugh when they finally discover that their deck has a hidden weakness to Siliglyph!

I'm sure Noble Victories will add more options for new decks, hopefully. Last expansion
was okay but didn't offer enough stuff cause of TPCi's nature to cut specific metagame cards out of sets for the next expansion.

I'm the same way, most of these decks bore me.

Lately i've been testing out The Truth in different variations and its been decently successful and fun to play.
But I think I will end up sticking with Reshiphlosion for Regionals.

I'm getting tired of MegaZone, but I have no idea what to play to replace it. I want a good, reliable deck that has a proven track record (I played SP on its hay-day and loved it) but that also plays to my style. I saw that ZPST has been doing particularly well but I'm skeptical about the deck. I just don't like having to rely on those specific cards for the whole strategy work. I was liking Goth/Reuniclus when reading about it, but the poor performance at Battle Roads has me skeptical. I plain don't like ReshiBoar/Phlosion decks.

Any ideas, or suggestions? Talk me into ZPST as a consistent and flexible idea? Any major decks you think will appear with the release of Noble Victories?

ZPST is a consistent and flexible idea. Run it.

Donphan kingdra is better then cinccino/kingdra for one reason. Sustainability. With donphan you last for 2-3 turns longer then with cinccino..

You could run ZPST to make it super consistent and also play Mew Prime to make it even more consistent.
Then could even tech in cards like Zoroark (BW) without wasting too much space that way.

Try Stage one rush. If you have good luck with (Like I do) Then you will almost always get a turn two Yanmega or Donphan. I would suggest that you play it with proxies before you actually buy/trade for the cards for it (Unless you already have them of Course:biggrin:).

I think Gothitelle is really good and will be good in the future. It's record during BR's doesn't do it justice. Other than that, the next set might bring out something challenging. That's what I'm gonna do. :smile:

Donphan kingdra is better then cinccino/kingdra for one reason. Sustainability. With donphan you last for 2-3 turns longer then with cinccino..

I disagree, Cincinno can deal out more damage, and is more flexible in being able to retreat, especially early game. Also Cincinno has the potential to OHKO Reshiram with 3 Kingdras out, which is the ideal situation. Also it doesn't mean that another energy type has to be used, i.e it's only water and DCE.

I disagree, Cincinno can deal out more damage, and is more flexible in being able to retreat, especially early game. Also Cincinno has the potential to OHKO Reshiram with 3 Kingdras out, which is the ideal situation. Also it doesn't mean that another energy type has to be used, i.e it's only water and DCE.

:lol: I'd like to see you get 3 kingdras out on me buddy. (be better off with pluspower) That will happen when Sarah Palin becomes president. :lol:

:lol: I'd like to see you get 3 kingdras out on me buddy. (be better off with pluspower) That will happen when Sarah Palin becomes president. :lol:

Well pluspowers is more reasonable, but it's very plausible for 3 Kingdras to come out mid game. It's happened countless times in my area.

Well pluspowers is more reasonable, but it's very plausible for 3 Kingdras to come out mid game. It's happened countless times in my area.

I can see you getting maybe 2 out. 3 maybe if it's mid to late game. If you're playing with 3, the chances of 1 getting prized very high. You'll have 2 at best.

I think Gothitelle is really good and will be good in the future. It's record during BR's doesn't do it justice. Other than that, the next set might bring out something challenging. That's what I'm gonna do. :smile:

once Mewtwo EX comes out, it's done

Back