Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Nottingham States (UK)

Blue Blur

Hi,

Presuming that there is indeed a Nottingham States this year in Autumn, and that it is in November (let's presume mid-November), what format will it take? Given the small space of time between Boundaries Crossed coming out and the tournament itself I would have thought it best to keep BC illegal until after States, much like what was done last year.

Many thanks in advance, either way.

Bump

Seriously, does ANYBODY at all in the UK know whether or not Boundaries Crossed will be legal in time for Regionals? Could really do with an answer so I know whether or not to put extra money aside for cards.

Thanks in advance.

Boundaries Crossed is released on November 7th.

Nottingham Regionals/States is November 17th

Last year, when the new set was released just a couple of days before Regionals, it was NOT legal for play. This year there is probably a big enough gap for it to be allowed.

That's just a guess though, and I don't know for certain. Your best bet is to contact the shop (Chimera) or Ian (nopoke on the Gym) and ask them, because only they will be able to tell you for sure.

Its almost certain that boundaries crossed will be legal. The one card I'm worried about getting is Computer Search. Will it be one in every 1/2 boxes? I can definitly see it being a £15-20 card during the first week in November.

is there limited places for this event or a entery requirement? I'm asking incase I need to book a place early if traveling over from N.ireland to attend.

You will need to prebook some of them (eg Nottingham Regionals).

Jak, I've asked various relevant sources over FB but either got no reply or they weren't given the information and so couldn't tell me what they didn't know.
I just wish the whole thing was more organised and easy to interpret. It shouldn't be this hard to find out what format we play in in a few weeks time.

I just wish the whole thing was more organised and easy to interpret. It shouldn't be this hard to find out what format we play in in a few weeks time.

The format is modified.
Boundaries Crossed will be in modified at the time the Nottingham event occurs.
So it isn't hard to find out what sets are legal - use the available information.

If an event is too close to the street date for players to have enough time to buy cards then a brief exception may be made for that event. When this occurs the information will be in the details for that specific event ONLY.

Note: Premier Events don't exist until both visible on the event locator and tagged correctly.
Which means that right now the Aldershot Regional does not exist :(

it isn't hard to find out what sets are legal - use the available information.

Sometimes it isn't as clear though, and for those of us who want to know that everything is accounted for (a decent estimate of card costs particularly as this affects what money is available for other things like sleeves etc) in advance it throws us off a bit.

Thank you, however, for bailing us out with the information Ian! I feel much more comfortable knowing which format is legal for play now (with the obvious exception of Aldershot).

I haven't bailed anyone out.
I haven't given you any extra information about Nottingham.
The UK uses street date to determine when sets become part of the modified format.
If there is an exception then it will be specified in the event details.

There is nothing new in any of the above.

Have booked my place for the event, looks like I'll be there friday night so staying semi close to the venue, anyone want some games in the place at all night before?

I haven't bailed anyone out.
I haven't given you any extra information about Nottingham.
The UK uses street date to determine when sets become part of the modified format.
If there is an exception then it will be specified in the event details.

There is nothing new in any of the above.

When i said "bailing us out", I meant figuratively speaking; as you provided, at very least, pointers to information that helps the average reader of this thread, I issued a thank-you. No offense was intended.
The main reason I asked, rather than going on the rules of street dates (of which I am well aware), is due to the exceptions that have been made in previous years under similar circumstances.

Once again, to clear things up, thank you for providing us with information/ pointing us in the right direction/ pointing us in the direction of the information.

The point is that players should not have an expectation or fear that someone out there has information from some forum they haven't found yet beyond that contained in the floor rules and event details.

I am not offended, I am concerned that players do not trust the information in the event details once an event has premiere status. Concerned that rumours are easily started and spread.

Slightly off-topic, but is there any place online where I can find a full overview of UK Regionals dates? I'm considering making my way across the North Sea either this fall or in the spring.

Back