Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

NP Edit: Hiss, Spit and Sceptile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dek

Greetings everyone. Welcome to a new series I decided to start called NIntendo Power Edit. Just as it sounds, I am going to edit decks that were submitted into NIntendo Power magazines. Yes, this also means that it will be once a month I will be able to do this, but I decided to do the first 2 this month. On with a deck that the NP Krew made themselves. this one is called Hiss, Spit and Sceptile.

NP version (all cards are from EX: R/S)

4 Skitty
1 Delcatty
4 Treecko
2 Grovyle
2 Sceptile
3 Taillow
1 Swellow
3 Koffing
1 Weezing
1 Nosepass
1 Scyther ex
1 Chansey ex

2 Potion
2 Energy Search
2 Professor Birch
2 Pokeball
4 Switch

24 Grass Energy

When I started looking at this deck, I already noticed a few problems:
1. Too many evo lines
2. Too many singles
3. Too many energies
4. Too few Trainers (but I dont blame em)

Since Sandstorm came out, I decided to look more into the trainers of Sandstorm for the answers. Luckily, I did find some, but that aint important. One thing that should be done is reduce the Evo lines. For now, lets focus on the Treecko and Skitty lines. These will be our main ideas. As for back-up, lets put in 2 Scyther ex and Nosepass. Our new Pokemon line-up should look like this:

4 Treecko
2 Grovyle
2 Sceptile
4 Skitty- Sandstorm
3 Delcatty- EX:RS
2 Nosepass
2 Scyther ex

19 Pokemon

Now we move onto the trainers. Good trainer cards, but not enough of em. Since the new format is Eon, we might as well use some of the Eon cards.

4 Copycat
3 Elm's Training Method
3 Lanette's Net Search
4 Hyper Potion
4 Switch
3 Oracle
3 Double Full Heal

24 Trainers

Meanwhile, we have 17 Energies. Obviously, these should be Grass type.

17 Grass Energy

Now let's look at that beautiful deck footage:

4 Treecko
2 Grovyle
2 Sceptile
4 Skitty- Sandstorm
3 Delcatty- EX:RS
2 Nosepass
2 Scyther ex

4 Copycat
3 Elm's Training Method
3 Lanette's Net Search
4 Hyper Potion
4 Switch
3 Oracle
3 Double Full Heal

17 Grass Energy

Which Sceptile are you using here? I run a deck very similar to this that has 2 of each (Energy Trans. and Lizard Poison). It's great fun to get 'em poisoned and burned and then trans all the energy to 'Catty to really hit 'em. I don't use Nosepass, though, focusing on the Sceptile and 'Catty lines with a couple of Yanmas in since they're not weak to fire (electric instead). Finally, I like to use Seer to get the energies out more quickly and get them down on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back