Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

NW Players: 2nd Annual Water Gym

Psyducky

:clap: It's here! It's official! :clap:
Announcing the
2nd Annual Nelson Water Gym
Saturday, July 29th

We offer this as a time to relax between Nationals and Worlds. The format? Water Pokemon only(dual type are OK), commons and uncommons only, unlimited. Are you the next Water Gym Champion? Will you be the Pokemon Master who takes home the coveted Water Gym trophy?

Tournament Information
Tournament Name: 2nd Annual Nelson Water Gym
Tournament ID: 06-06-000227
Category: Fun - Unlimited - Constructed
Date/Time: 7/29/2006 3:00 PM
Sanctioned On: 6/12/2006 11:06:00 AM

Organizer Information
Organizer Name: pokeMATHter and Psyducky
Address: 1517 12th St NE, Auburn, WA 98002
Email: [email protected]

Other Information
Admission: $2
Details: Build your deck to these specifications: Unlimited, Water Pokemon Only (dual type okay), Commons and Uncommons Only. Registration starts at 2PM, tournament starts around 5PM. Winner will get a trophy, other prizes awarded as the day goes on. Potluck Dinner (bring something to share) and Pool Party before/during/after tournament. Children must have an adult with them to swim.

Visit our NEW website www.nwpokemon.com for more details.

Last edited:
psychicmaniac said:
Hey Psyducky, are fossils legal? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Fossils are common trainer cards. They fit the bill.​

POKEMON have to be water type (they can be dual type so long as one is water) and be common or uncommon, Trainers and Energy only have to be common or uncommon. The format is unlimited.

OMG I don't believe how many people have asked this! :rolleyes:

Psyducky said:
Fossils are common trainer cards. They fit the bill.​

POKEMON have to be water type (they can be dual type so long as one is water) and be common or uncommon, Trainers and Energy only have to be common or uncommon. The format is unlimited.

OMG I don't believe how many people have asked this! :rolleyes:

So the trainer cards also have to be common or uncommon? Darn...I can't use those Clefairy Dolls I've had forever.

puyallup_phantom said:
So the trainer cards also have to be common or uncommon? Darn...I can't use those Clefairy Dolls I've had forever.

Yes, trainer cards must also be common and unommon. Same with energy cards (double rainbow, double colorless etc.)

If the rarity is a star, then you can't play it.

PokeMATHter is referring to the TEAM WASHINGTON shirt designs. This is the 3rd year we'll be offering team shirts in time for Worlds. Please vote for your favorite design. The votes will be tallied at the Water Gym this Saturday and shirts will go into production on Sunday.

See you all on Saturday!

Oh, and there is a trophy for EACH age group!

Besides the Team Washington Shirt Designs (new one added yesterday) you can also see a photo of the Water Gym TROPHIES! The trophy photo is a little blurry, but I should get a clearer one up later this afternoon (thanks to Debbie!)

http://www.nwpokemon.com

Yes. We gave you all a month or more to submit the designs. The back of the 3rd option has the following quote: Simply the Best. We might have to move it onto the front so we have room for the sponsors names.

Jeremy, we'll miss you today at the Water Gym.

i would so have won if i hadn't decked against david. >_<'' dude, starmie ftw!! 3-1 BUDDY!
anyways, thanks for running such a sweet tourny. it was uber fun and the trophies were like 8P
-kg

great fun...especially afterwards when we played Smash Bros w/ nothing but PokeBalls for items. That was some great chaos to end the night with. Bad part are the big sore spots on my arms and legs from using the diving board. See you guys Monday.

We missed you all! Where were you? You know who you are!

Anyway, the tournament was fun. We had 21 players this year, still looking for more.

The first place (and trophy) winners in each age group:

Levi C - 2nd time Water Gym Champion 15+
Mindy L - 11-14
Phillip B - 10-[/SIZE][/COLOR]

:clap: Congratulations to the winners.

Everyone got a door prize. The pool was warmer than the outside air. The food was great, although we missed the candy bar and apple salad.:frown: See you next year on the last Saturday in July with a whole new Water Gym format! Who will 'break the format'!

The results (from the internet and Water Gym) are in for the Team WashingtonT-Shirt contest:

10-A
7-C
2-B

The shirts will be navy, Pikachu will lose the fangs and the writing will be yellow instead of red.

Thank you everyone for voting and the artists for entering designs.

(Levi- if you offer the unofficial, not-pictured design, I'm sure several people will want one, too.)

Last edited:
I had a blast at the tournament. It was fun. Good job with the tournament, it was well run and a fantastic judge!!!!! lol. Can't wait for the next Water Gym Tournament.

I so should of won, just needed 1 more heads to beat Levi.
Sorry that there was no candy bar salad, but what about
the Little Smokies in BBQ sauce. YUMMMM!

Back