Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

NW Regional Championships: Salem OR, November 12-13, 2011 (TCG AND VG)

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
NORTHWEST TCG REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS - AUTUMN 2011
Basic Information

Location: Oregon State Fair and Expo Center - Jackman Long (Americraft Center), 2330 17th Street NE, Salem OR

Date: Saturday, November12th, 2011 (Top 16 play off on Sunday, November 13th)

Time: Registration begins at 8:00 AM (Registration ends at 9:45 AM). Player meeting begins at 10:00 AM. The main tournament swiss rounds will last 6 to 7 hours on Saturday. The top 16 in each age division will play their rounds on Sunday the 13th while the morning VG Regional Championships get started.

Three Age Divisions: Juniors (born in 2001 or later)/Seniors (born in 1997, 1998, 1999, or 2000)/Masters (born in 1996 or earlier)

Format: Modified Constructed Deck (Bring your own 60 card deck - Cards are allowed from HeartGold & SoulSilver or later as well as Black Star Promos HGSS01 and higher, BW01 and higher, HS Trainer Kit cards) Note: A limited amount of loaner decks are available for new players who want to participate but may not have a legal deck to use.

Nobel Victories cards will not be legal for Regionals even though there will be theme decks on the market and prereleases will have occurred prior to the event.

Style: Age Modified Swiss (all players will play in every round) - Top Cut Finals is single elimination two out of three match play.

Cost: FREE

Additional Information: Call (971) 221-7147 or e-mail [email protected]

NORTHWEST VG REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS - AUTUMN 2011
Basic Information

Location: Oregon State Fair and Expo Center - Jackman Long (Americraft Center), 2330 17th Street NE, Salem OR

Date: Sunday, November13th, 2011

Time - Juniors & Seniors: Registration begins for Juniors and Seniors at 8:00 AM (Registration ends at 9:45 AM). Juniors and Seniors begin play around 10:00 AM. The tournament will be Swiss rounds with no top cut and will last 3 to 4 hours. Winners will be determined by rankings at the end of Swiss play.

Time - Masters: Registration begins for Masters at 11:00 AM (Registration ends at 1:45 PM). Masters begin play around 2:00 PM. The tournament will be Swiss rounds with no top cut and will last 3 to 4 hours. Winners will be determined by rankings at the end of Swiss play.

Three Age Divisions: Juniors (born in 2001 or later)/Seniors (born in 1997, 1998, 1999, or 2000)/Masters (born in 1996 or earlier)

Format: The Modified format is the standard tournament format for PLAY! Pokémon video game events. This format will be used at all premier events unless specified otherwise. The Modified format for the 2011–2012 season will use the following restrictions:

• Only Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version Game Cards are permitted for use.
  • Players may use Pokémon from the National Pokédex, from No. 001–646, that are caught in the game, transferred from a previous Pokémon title, or received at an official event or distribution
  • The following Pokémon may not be on a player’s team:
  • 150 – Mewtwo
  • 151 – Mew
  • 249 – Lugia
  • 250 – Ho‐Oh
  • 251 – Celebi
  • 382 – Kyogre
  • 383 – Groudon
  • 384 – Rayquaza
  • 385 – Jirachi
  • 386 – Deoxys
  • 483 – Dialga
  • 484 – Palkia
  • 487 – Giratina
  • 489 – Phione
  • 490 – Manaphy
  • 491 – Darkrai
  • 492 – Shaymin
  • 493 – Arceus
  • 494 – Victini
  • 643 – Reshiram
  • 644 – Zekrom
  • 646 – Kyurem
  • Pokémon must be placed in the Battle Box.
  • Pokémon above level 50 are permitted, but they are auto‐leveled down to 50 for the duration of battle.
  • Players may use Pokémon with Hidden Abilities that have been officially released via Black Version and Pokémon White Version, the Pokémon Global Link, or an official event or promotion.
  • Pokémon may not know the moves Sky Drop or Dark Void.
  • The Wonder Launcher cannot be used during battle.
Cost: FREE

Additional Information: Call (971) 221-7147 or e-mail [email protected]

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I'm a little sad about this. Once again benefitting those that can drove a long way. But I'm still excited.
Posted with Mobile style...

Question:

Does the T16 playing on Sunday (which is a FANTASTIC idea btw) mean that we'll only have a T16 cut in Masters? Or will we just play out the T32 on Saturday as usual?

As always, thanks for all the hard work that goes into making this one of my favorite events of the year.

I can't answer that question with 100% sureity, but I believe if we had top 32, we would play that finals match to get it down to top 16 before saturday play was over. But they would probably leave that decision to a ' we will cross that bridge if we get to it ' kind of approach. Because it might depend on how late the finals would start on Saturday night.

-DST
Posted with Mobile style...

I'm so happy that we get to have this event. Do we know what items may be up for raffle? I can't wait! This will be my first "big" event :)

Back