Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Obvious LostGar counter?

Tankgrowth

Does having just 5 pokemon in a deck work against a LostGar deck. I like many others hate the popularity of the new deck fad. I am trying to figure out how to stop it. So......

WILL HAVING LESS THAN SIX CARDS IN A DECK KEEP A LOSTGAR DECK FROM WINNING THROUGH LOST WORLD.

Does having just 5 pokemon in a deck work against a LostGar deck. I like many others hate the popularity of the new deck fad. I am trying to figure out how to stop it. So......

WILL HAVING LESS THAN SIX CARDS IN A DECK KEEP A LOSTGAR DECK FROM WINNING THROUGH LOST WORLD.
It would, but you find me a consistent deck that actually WORKS with 5 pokemon.
JMHO
~P99

of cousre it will keep lostgar from winning via lost world. it would probably just win by ko'ing your only pokemon. and, you would lose to everything else, so what's the point?

Yeah but I'm sure if some great deck creator tried to make a god deck with 5 pokes they could and yes, it would probably lose to none lost decks but I hate the Lost Zone style decks soooo much, it wouldn't matter to me. Otherwise, i think luxchomp matches up pretty good against it.

I know a counter for lost gar it is have one fosil card in your deck and have double poke drawer to be able to find it. When they use seeker you just bring the fosil card in your hand.

Uxie donk runs 4 Unown R's, 3 Uxie, and 3 Crobats. So its at minimum 10, if not more.
But thats the deck with least amount of Pokemon though.

Purugly G only runs 3-4, and Groudon runs 4. In all honesty, though, it's not a good idea to run thin lines. If you're scared about Gengar Prime, then bench them, don't search unless you need them or Bebe's away the ones you are scared of being hurled. Thick lines mean you shouldn't worry if you lose one anyways.

so... something like this:

1 head of exodia
1 left arm of exodia
1 right arm of exodia
1 left leg of exodia
1 right leg of exodia
55 Dark NRG

Jokes aside, it wouldn't really win you much. Because the lost gar player can still attack with cursed drop and KO your pokemon that way.

On the fossil situation, what happens if they run vileplume, and then what do you do if they just tech in a bat and flashbite and curse drop for KO?

On the fossil situation, what happens if they run vileplume, and then what do you do if they just tech in a bat and flashbite and curse drop for KO?

Well at least they are taking a prize that turn and not putting a pokemon into the lost zone, just a fossil trainer card So if they do that you win that turn.

Hm, the only consistent deck I've seen that actually works well with very few Pokemon is probably Mew Prime with a Blazekin FB tech and using Rypherior Lv.X as well as tons of energy.

Surprised no one's mentioned 4-4 Donphan Prime with 4 Smeargle and an Unown Q or two. Maybe a couple Uxie. You'll probably win the LostGar matchup with ease, and since that's 80% of what you'll be facing, that's pretty solid. DialgaChomp won't be easy by any means, but if you fill the rest of the deck with the right support cards, you could win some stuff.

Yes, but one little Mew active, with another one or two on the bench and hardly using Send Off but rather using the attacks of Pokemon in the Lost Zone.

How about 4 Sneasel UD with tons of fossils, snowpoint, special dark, plus power, and expert belt? Spam Beat Up for the win! JK

Last edited:
Surprised no one's mentioned 4-4 Donphan Prime with 4 Smeargle and an Unown Q or two. Maybe a couple Uxie. You'll probably win the LostGar matchup with ease, and since that's 80% of what you'll be facing, that's pretty solid. DialgaChomp won't be easy by any means, but if you fill the rest of the deck with the right support cards, you could win some stuff.

? There is no way that lostgar will make up 80% of the player base. Are you kidding? I doubt 80% of players even have the cards for it. You'll have a pretty good gengar matchup, along with a good luxchomp matchup, but other than that... you don't have much hope. Gdos is still viable, that's an autoloss for you. You may also have a hard time against vilegar.

Back