Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

# of Power Spray in...

vietgamer1021

dialgachomp and luxchomp

list reasons for amount of sprays in either of these 2 decks

I feel that 3-4 spray is the standard for luxchomp, but not entirely sure what amount is the optimal play with other SPs and gengar variants running around :(

as for dialga chomp it seems that the standard is 2, but i have seen lists that play 3-4...

im so lostttt(gar)ttttt

discuss kgogogogogo

I've been playing 3 in Dialga for some time. Took one out for Weavile, and while I like Weavile, I really, really don't like having 2 spray.

I think 3 Spray at a minimum is best. If anyone comes and says "2 is standard" or "3 is standard", isn't the surprise 3rd/4rth spray all the more reason to run another?

I have never played Luxchomp with less than 4 and I never will I think.

As an expert DG player, I can say 3 is the amount. Maybe a junk arm as well, if you have the room. 1 Power spray is outright bad, two is iffy, and four takes up too much space, least in my list, and that has worked great.

Last edited:
In my LuxChomp list I have 3, at the moment. However, I think anywhere between 2-4 is fine in that deck, given the right list. More is obviously better, but I tend to value it lower than most other Galactic trainers, and certainly much lower than key consistency cards.

I also don't really understand why everyone is talking about playing 3-4 Spray in their Dialga. If you're fitting a full playset of Spray in that deck, I'm guessing that you're probably leaving out something that boosts consistency. Even before cards like Junk Arm and Twins were introduced, and even in non-stadium builds, I tend to only run 1 or 2.

The discussion I remember having around the time of the rotation announcement was along the lines of "With Claydol gone, does Power Spray become less important because there are more relevant Powers to counter, or even MORE important because there are less relevant Powers that your opponent has at their disposal, and therefore the need for them to go off is greater?" I don't think that's really a question that's been completely answered, as numbers are looking consistent with what they were last year, by my estimations.

Good discussion.

^People were foolish to think Claydol's rotation wouldn't HELP spray.
Claydol's reusability was what made it not so bad vs Power Spray. I rarely sprayed Claydols, tbh. Now, spraying Uxie can win you the game. Period.

I also don't really understand why everyone is talking about playing 3-4 Spray in their Dialga. If you're fitting a full playset of Spray in that deck, I'm guessing that you're probably leaving out something that boosts consistency. Even before cards like Junk Arm and Twins were introduced, and even in non-stadium builds, I tend to only run 1 or 2.
Good discussion.

I made top cut at 7 cities with dialgachomp with a different list almost everytime. Some with 2 sprays some with 3.. I really liked playing with 3 sprays instead of 2 and thats without cutting anything that boost consistancy. Having a 3rd spray in dialgachomp helps in the gdos matchup when they try to take easy prizes late game with regimove. an extra spray also gives you more chance of spraying bright look which can be cruicial at some points and of course more chances to spray uxies and maybe the most important reason to have a 3rd spray is for level down

I like running 4 in LuxChomp and Dchomp because opening with a Spray is AMAZING!

---------- Post added 03/04/2011 at 07:28 AM ----------

^People were foolish to think Claydol's rotation wouldn't HELP spray.
Claydol's reusability was what made it not so bad vs Power Spray. I rarely sprayed Claydols, tbh. Now, spraying Uxie can win you the game. Period.

I wish I could thank this post 1 billion kajiliion times.

4 is optimal in any sp deck, but 3 is ok with a few junk arms. I wouldn't go down to 2 in any list, though.

Back