Date: 15th March 2009
Contact Details: [email protected]

Date: 21st March 2009

Date: 29th March 2009

Date: 11th April 2009

I will update this post with the sanction ID's shortly.

Leeds date will be updated shortly also.:thumb:

Thanks

Chris

Last edited:
Good to see a good spread of dates, i might even get a chance to play in one!

Hmm a TO wanting to play...can't have that :lol: - Seriously hopefully you will be able to make some of the others!

Also, added the date for Leeds.

Yes, for you eagle eyed people this is outside the normal date range - this is STILL a state championship.

However, I have been informed that entry to this event will be FREE!

Flags, etc should be up on these shortly!

Hmm a TO wanting to play...can't have that :lol: - Seriously hopefully you will be able to make some of the others!

Also, added the date for Leeds.

Yes, for you eagle eyed people this is outside the normal date range - this is STILL a state championship.

However, I have been informed that entry to this event will be FREE!

Flags, etc should be up on these shortly!

Im not complaining!!, in the space of 6-8 months leeds has become one of the most succesful legues in the UK, and it would be a delight to go up there and try my hardest. Where do i pre-register??

Luke:cool:

Last edited:
Ugh.....

Chris, Exeter cannot, and isn't on a Sunday (15th March). Please get your dates sorted.

Cheers

Looking forward to Manchesters. I'll see if some of us can make it to other ones close by. See how I fare on foreign soil.

Ugh.....

Chris, Exeter cannot, and isn't on a Sunday (15th March). Please get your dates sorted.

Cheers

Cannot and Isn't?:nonono:

Can and is!:thumb:

They do not normally open on a Sunday, however, due to trying to keep the dates seperate, they have agreed to run on the 15th March 2009, which - yes - a Sunday.:dark:

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Im not complaining!!, in the space of 6-8 months leeds has become one of the most succesful legues in the UK, and it would be a delight to go up there and try my hardest. Where do i pre-register??

Luke:cool:

Email is above, pre reg away!!

Last edited:
In response to the various e-mails and private messages I've received this evening... the posting by Venomex is 100% correct... the State Championship in Leeds is genuinely free to enter... bring your own deck & lunch... you just pay for any booster packs etc that you decide to buy on the day, but there's no obligation or pressure to buy anything!

All participants will also receive 1 free booster pack from (Legends Awakened or later) as well as the usual event promos and we've added a few extra bits for the top prizes including Japanese deck boxes & Collection Boxes... not that it wouldn't be worth winning just for the bragging rights and those fantastic trophies!!!!!

Jaedon

Last edited:
Hi guys i have just checked POP and it says that exeter is sanctioned on the 14th.... can anybody respond to this please

thanks

Hi guys i have just checked POP and it says that exeter is sanctioned on the 14th.... can anybody respond to this please

thanks
http://www.cliftonroadgames.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=466&sid=612445b95ba49ce95ffcada04478f8ea

I double check everything now. Only just avoided wasting lots of money on a hotel room for the 7th. Won't be happy if it has moved again. I suspect that the OP site is wrong.

Start times for Leicester , Manchester and Exeter look wrong. (1:45pm, 1:45pm and 1:30pm???)

http://www.cliftonroadgames.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=466&sid=612445b95ba49ce95ffcada04478f8ea

I double check everything now. Only just avoided wasting lots of money on a hotel room for the 7th. Won't be happy if it has moved again. I suspect that the OP site is wrong.

Start times for Leicester , Manchester and Exeter look wrong. (1:45pm, 1:45pm and 1:30pm???)

http://www.op.pokemon-tcg.com/tournaments/details.asp?tournament_id=0903000174

I have covered Exeter earlier in the topic so I won't go over this again. Yes it is on the 15th, as this is the date agreed and made public. I would "suggest" that hotel reservations etc are made once the dates become confirmed with ourselves to prevent further problems.

Start times etc will be updated by the TO's shortly.

Last edited:
why sigh? the date was the 14th this morning, and the 7th a week ago?

Kylie was quite right to question the 14th as the date. The 14th was the date this morning on the official site. You should be thanking her for pointing out the error.

After a phone call from Chris: I'm going to back track on my assertion that it was the 14th this morning. I'm convinced it was but am fallible and may have mis-read the site. It most definately is the 15th as I type this. :D

Last edited:
The question was answered, and should be taken as the OFFICIAL answer, earlier in the post.

The OP site shows the correct information.

Any further issues regarding this should be directed to [email protected] or with a call to ourselves.

Thanks

The official OP site ought to be accurate enough for players to trust instead of having to browse this unofficial forum.

But in the UK it isn't.

[edit

To Venomex: its not too hard to tell that I'm unhappy right now. Which means that my infrequent posts may come across as harsh. It also means that if I'm in error that I have to make every effort to apologise and eat humble pie. ]

Last edited:
We booked a hotel for the 7th because that was the date on the OFFICIAL site (which we thought we could trust) and now we had to cancel :(

Maybe you should do things the other way round and only put them on the Pokemon OP site when they are confirmed instead of putting them up early and keep changing the dates?

We booked a hotel for the 7th because that was the date on the OFFICIAL site (which we thought we could trust) and now we had to cancel :(

Maybe you should do things the other way round and only put them on the Pokemon OP site when they are confirmed instead of putting them up early and keep changing the dates?

Sometimes events are uploaded by TO's on the assumption that they will get the date requested. However sometimes, not always, these dates can and do change, for example clashing with other large tournaments.

In these cases the dates have to be a changed to ensure players have a good chance of
attending as many States as they can.

Also, to add to this -

NoPoke:

It seems that everyones eyes had not been decived! The date on the event was 14th - however this was noticed and corrected during the time it took me to respond to the post originally, so by the time I checked it showed the correct date. Technology don't you love it :)

Appologies for the confusion on this and thanks to Kyile to pointing this out in the first place. :thumb:

Now back to our regular programming!

Last edited:
Perhaps it would help, Chris, if you flagged the user "venomex" as something other than a regular member. Players not on the OP side of things have no reason to assume your posts carry any more authority than anyone else's. This seems less than optimum.

~Stef

Back