Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Okay this is ridiculous

FLCLFANMAN

Ebay prices for some of these lxl X are crazy

$80 for an Uxie X?

$100+ for a Luxray X?

This is the main reason I quit YGO; cards that cost as much as a deck. :nonono:

And why are the useless promos from the World Champion decks going for $20-30???

They are not "going" for that much. That is the price people are trying to sell them for. WC ones are worthless. Real ones are about 65 each.

They are not "going" for that much. That is the price people are trying to sell them for. WC ones are worthless. Real ones are about 65 each.

Checked the most recent completed listing and the cheapest (real one) sold was $72 (10 days ago)

still a big jump since it was $50 when I stopped playing 6 months ago.

And the Uxies are at $70-80. Haven't seen one below 69.99 (before tax).

Well, Uxie was cheap when Claydol was in the format, I saw them for 20-30 Dollars, I just wished I had picked up a few. Now, that's the best draw in the format, everyone wants it. Supply and Demand. As for Luxray, It's still one of the BCIF, Of course it's gonna be that much, I know Jwittz sold his 2 Luxrays for 100+ each, but he included some Exclusive Self made Promo cards, That's the highest I've seen Luxray sell at.

Well, Uxie was cheap when Claydol was in the format, I saw them for 20-30 Dollars, I just wished I had picked up a few. Now, that's the best draw in the format, everyone wants it. Supply and Demand. As for Luxray, It's still one of the BCIF, Of course it's gonna be that much, I know Jwittz sold his 2 Luxrays for 100+ each, but he included some Exclusive Self made Promo cards, That's the highest I've seen Luxray sell at.

I'm sure all the seriously competitive players who are willing to spend 100$ on a Luxray were just DYING to get their hands on a couple of self made promos.

Lol'd at that one Shuckle XD

Those are 2 of the BCIFs, of course they'd be way more expensive. Plus they came from sets with tons of level Xes so it was harder to get a specific one, and all the other Xes were terrible other than maybe 1 or 2, Mesprit X and Azelf X in LA and Flygon X and Infernape 4 X in RR, so most weren't willing to take the risk to buy the booster packs for 1 card

It's a problem, but at least they're not essential to do well in tournaments. Decks like Vilegar and Gyarados are very competitive, and don't need any $60+ cards.

I feel your pain. Before the rotation I was sure they were going to rotate up to Platinum so I sold BOTH my Uxie xs for $45 (total :( ). I only found out 2 months ago that the rotation was up to Majestic Dawn.

I for one hope they start making lexel X League promos. They already ponied up and gave us Uxie, Claydol, and Roseanne, just level them up :p

---------- Post added 12/13/2010 at 09:02 AM ----------

And yes I unsterstand both cards are BCIF, but so was Claydol and Gardevoir not too long ago and those didn't break the bank.

I understand that Pokemon is a license to print money, but bounds of reasons. If you make the game to expensive you'll lose your player base (you know the ones w/o a job and get allowance or birthday money to buy their cards).

---------- Post added 12/13/2010 at 09:08 AM ----------

It's a problem, but at least they're not essential to do well in tournaments. Decks like Vilegar and Gyarados are very competitive, and don't need any $60+ cards.

Very true, but I'd really like an Uxie X to fine tune the deck :/ Owell.

lol last year IMMEDIATELY after i got out at nats, i sold my entire deck to troll & toad for around $400....
that was a great choice considering i will not be playing luxchomp anymore :)))

[/COLOR]And yes I unsterstand both cards are BCIF, but so was Claydol and Gardevoir not too long ago and those didn't break the bank.

Neither Claydol or Gardy had LV X rarity.

I understand that Pokemon is a license to print money, but bounds of reasons. If you make the game to expensive you'll lose your player base (you know the ones w/o a job and get allowance or birthday money to buy their cards).

Well, it's not Pokemon who set the secondary market prices. They get the same profit from a pack whether it contains Luxray X or some random crappy rare.

I don't think things are any worse than they used to be. What kind of prices did highly competitive EX cards fetch back in the day? I mean, Lugia EX still sells for plenty even now.

Back